passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Should I buy Halo 3?

aidanon

I've never really properly played the first two Halo games as I've never had an XBox, but now that I have a shiny new 360, so you think it would be a good idea for me to get Halo 3? I'm sure the single player will be pretty good, but online I'm probably just gonna get taking to school on a regular basis. Am I missing out on too much by not playing the first two?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna get it, but purely so I can finish off the story to the series. I think if you're not bothered about the multi, but haven't played the first two games, there not really a whole lot of point. But I will say you can pick up both of the older games dirt cheap and they both work on your 360.

Should only take around 15 hours each to play through so if you got them very soon, you could have them finished in time for next Wednesday.

Oh yes!!

Halo 3 should be superb! the online multiplayer will be great if and only IF you play with guys on here?? and Gamestm forum, you know its juts friendly banter and great fun, we did a halo 2 and beta 3 session and it was superb fun, playin against unknowns can be annoying and the yanks just annoy everyone!! Me one pet annoyance is germans who cant or wont speak english you just get a achtung!! and other german words through your ear!!

Single player, 1 was great 2 just annoyed and bored me with all the repetitve corridors, 3 who knows? i dont for sure but its one thing keeping me from my bed next tuesday night, my local game is open at midnight and after the pub i will be there!

Manicm wrote:

Me one pet annoyance is germans who cant or wont speak english you just get a achtung!! and other german words through your ear!!

Yes, damn them foreigners for refusing to learn our language and having the audacity to speak in their own. :blink:

Go for it, I say. It seems like they've fixed the single player mode, and even if you don't like deathmatches there's plenty of co-op to go round.

I'm sure the match-making system will be in full effect so you'll only play people near to your skill level anyway. :)

If you want to find the definition of being pwned, take Senko no ronde online in the early afternoon against Japanese players. Dang...

I'm likely to be getting it and I have no plans to go deathmatching. I'm a whore for online co-op and that's what sold me.

I played the first on the PC and second on Xbox but it never really clicked like it did for seemingly everyone else. I don't think we'll be missing that much story-wise, to be honest.

I'm not getting it.

The only thing that interests me in this would be the storyline, and since I only played bits of the previous two games, it would be silly to properly play the last game first. Besides, I'm not a fan enough to justify plunking down 70 bucks to play it. Budget priced would probably make me buy it. And I really suck at online FPS to the point that it'd be no fun at all.

I'd take Gears of War over Halo 3 any day.

I'll save you all the trouble of buying it right

Step 1 find your copy of halo 2

step 2 spray some kind of hairspray in your eyes so everything looks shiny and blurry

step 3 play halo 2 online

step 4 shout boom boom every once and a while

step 5 thank centy for this money saving tip

*Note also works with the original Halo

:P

a cynic moi?

Centy wrote:

I'll save you all the trouble of buying it right

Step 1 find your copy of halo 2

step 2 spray some kind of hairspray in your eyes so everything looks shiny and blurry

step 3 play halo 2 online

step 5 thank centy for this money saving tip

*Note also works with the original Halo

:P

a cynic moi?

But that doesnt save the NHS money, you know how much it costs to patch up the damage that happens to people when they thank you?

Cheers for all the advice (and randomness) guys, I think I'll give it a bit more thought before making a decision. I have to agree with Hendo in that online co-op would be awesome, especially with the ds-wiifi and gamestm people. I have a 360 headset sitting there unused, so I suppose by buying a game with great online co-op, I'd be justifying the purchase of my console :)

Centy wrote:

so is master chief really Basil Brush in a elaborate disguise then?

Yeah i want to get hold of this mainly for the Coop however if its 4p online Coop are we all gonna get a game with each other:) we'll have to pick like football matches at highschool i bet i'll get picked last and stuck in goal...

Is it only me or Halo sounds to me like "Generic Sci-Fi First-person shooter v3.65432" ???

Well done, sure. Fun, more than probably. It look nonetheless like a solid FPS.

But I see nothing special about it. Aside from the 4-player coop mode.

I look at screenshots, movies, and all I can think of is "been there, done that, a thousand times already"...

It's definitely not worth the price of admission to me. I can find better uses for my 70 bucks.

Rainbow Six is a completely different kind of shooter though, thatys like saying Jade Empire is a better RPG than one of the Final Fantasies, they can't be compared in that way, as they're both different styles of Shooter/RPG.

Halo is a pretty decent game, I've just started playing through the original again and I'm enjoying it, its a balls to the wall, no brainer that works much better than Serious Sam ever did, where as Rainbow Six is all about planning what to do next, scoping out the enemy and flanking them using the a button and your cross hair to direct your AI squad.