passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Demo Thread

DANGERMAN

guitar hero metallica demo on xbl marketplace now. had a go on drums and it's ok, they seems to have ported the songs over to 4 tracks better than some on world tour, as the drum tracks on that seem odd with the rock band layout. the metalica tracks on rock band are some of my favorites and are great fun to play, so i might get this, still wish it was coming to rock band instead though.

• 1 month later...

I LOVE THE RED FACTION DEMO

I really do. I haven't played a demo over and over and over since i think the first carmageddon demo... or marathon demo on the mac aaaages ago.

I now simply cannot wait for this game. It's really appealed to me.

I am blown away by the destruction physics too... its incredible stuff. I only hope that there is a bit of variety in the look of stuff later into the game... i know we are on mars here, but would be cool to see some other scenery.

Played through once. Unlocked hard mode... so did that.

I now keep loading it up and just messing around with the world.... playing jenga with buildings is fun too hahaha. Seeing how much of the wall you can knock down before the whole thing comes crashing down.... I also turned one buildings collapsed celing into a ramp and launched a car accross the map :-)

Its worth going back into the demo and having a propper play with stuff.

I didn't know much about this game either till i played the demo... but it sounds like you can pick and choose your missions and basically have to work your way accross the plannet in a sort of open structure... Don't think its fully free roam like mercs... but it all sounds cool. Sounds like you can upgrade your weapons too.

I switched my controls around so that left bumper is aim and click right thumbstick is mele which makes it much easier to play.. feels more like what i am used to.

I am getting this badboy on launch day for sure. I really really hope the multiplayer stuff is fun too. I do like third person shooters online but a mate who was on the beta said it was pretty dull... however he hated the demo too so i think we just have different tastes :-)

After playing the demo im still undecided, I used to love the old FPS ones.

But i did love the fact it u can choose whateva misson u wanted to do and tht.

I guess i wernt to keen on the life bit, i didnt notice the life bar until after a few goes.

and i cnt tell whats whats sometimes, many a times i ran up to an explosive with a hammer, bad idea.

Ah where was the life bar?

I just went by the colour of the screen... got redder when i was near death.

Yeah did that with the hammer too.

I rekon you will learn though over time what to smack and what to not smack haha.

It's not bad, reminds me a little of Crackdown, but I can't see the multi being a big feature of the full game. More likely it will end up like the multi in GTA IV where no-one will bother after the first month.

Played through the Wolverine Demo, it's not too bad, although it's one of those games where what you do almost doesnt matter as you're likely hitting some sort of combo. It's actually pretty hard to absorb whats being said to you in terms of new combos and moves aswell, it kind of appears just below the gameplay, but always when something important is happening. There's loads of environmental kill possibilities, but they generally seem to involve dumping people on top of a spike. For your average enemy there's not much point in bothering, but there's a tougher one towards the end of the demo who I finished by spiking him.

The demo's not very long, nor does it really look as good as I was expecting. There's a bit of texture pop in, a little bit of frame rate dropping (but for the most part its actually very quick) and altogather just a bit rough. Although obviously it doesnt look bad, just not great, and it is only the demo

Although obviously it doesnt look bad, just not great, and it is only the demo

I thought this was OK - will watch out for it coming down in price and will pick it up then.

Im pretty sure that Wolverines clothes changed from cut scene to game as well - sometimes he had a vest on and sometimes he was topless. Or maybe it was wishful thinking on my part. :blush:

edit : Played the MVC2 demo as well. It looks terrible on a HD TV - not sure about CRT. The sprites are super blocky but the backgrounds are in decent 3D so it looks terrible. The two filters dont make it much better either. Plus the demo is only offline multiplayer. Still a great game tho. Cant wait for my team of Cable, Cyclops and Ryu to kick ass.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried it and i just didnt like it, i guess im not a big fan of the battling when encountering an enemy

But xmen origins wolverine was awesome, im goin to buy it nxt weekend.

But xmen origins wolverine was awesome, im goin to buy it nxt weekend.

I haven't tried the demo, but I did pick up the game last week. I haven't had chance to play it yet, for obvious reasons, but I'll try and give it a bit of time soon.

red faction for me im still wondering about, glad a multiplayer demo is out coz thts what probably gna kick me to buy it.

Friend keeps hassling me about buying it but it seems like a free roaming world where u can choose wht missons to do and when to do it, but prototype is out around the same time and it has the same kind of way.