passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Eledees

Hendo

stu wrote:

Just had another idea of a game we could play amongst ourselves, as well as setting a high score on our levels for each other, we could also set a hidden object, which you would have to take a screenshot of in the game and send it to the originator...

or something.

man, this game is awesome :D

Like that Finders Keepers program that used to be on ITV? That sounds awesome! Looking forward to getting this, hopefully it'll arrive today

Cheer's for the Level Stu, I'll check it out later tonight? and have a play with the online side of things, as I haven't had a chance so far.

I have to say i've really enjoyed playing Eledee's, the Wii has hardly featured lately so it was nice to get back into the swing again. Its so much fun throwing stuff about, and it's surprising how much fun just placing ojects around, playing a kinda 'balance Jenga' in reverse game.

The only to things that I haven't liked, is pressing fire so 'repeatedly' at so many eledee's, it's ok when there's just a few or your've got the homing item, otherwise you can be hamering away just to pick up a bunch. The other is the horrid slow down, but hey that's not surprising when there's loads of car's etc flying around! but I can forgive the slow down as it doesn't really spoil the game.

wiivo wrote:

Could I make a suggestion that the Wii friends code page has games on it now? I know Eledees doesnt use codes but just a list of those who own it would be nice with there Wii code next to em.

On the case already, wiivo!

We'll have the same kind of thing as the DS main page, but one of the pics will be a Wii for the Wii Codes.

And yeah Matt, it's probably the continual pressing of one button that's making it seem overly repetitive to me.

Hendo wrote:

And yeah Matt, it's probably the continual pressing of one button that's making it seem overly repetitive to me.

Kinda hurts too if you use the 'B' Button and I can button bash with the best of them, maybe its my weak arms ? (not enough cronic masterbation perhaps)

My copy finally turned up today. I've done the tutorial which does a fine job of explaining the controls and general idea of the game. 3 levels in and I'm really enjoying it. It's great fun throwing things around trying to find the little Eledees. I like being able to use either A or B to fire your capture gun, gives the finger or thumb a rest if need be. Turbo mode would have been nice to have as an option, though.

I can see that the game may get slightly repetitive, but I can see me having a great time for quite a while to come. Throw in the editing feature and the ability to send and receive from your friends, and it should last. As a side note, as soon as I fired the game up for its first time (apart from the Wii crashing, grr), I had pop up notices saying that friends had sent me some photo's and a level. Nice touch.

A fine addition to the Wii's ever growing 'must-have' library.

I pretty much agree with Ed. I think I'm up to the first boss level, I havent tried it yet, but there's something that resembles a face on the picture for it. I tried Stu level too, was doing ok, but that tank took me out :(

I was complaining in the shoutbox before that there wasnt much to it, but once you get the sound and breakables factor it gets a bit more interesting. It means that there really are some tactics in the game, combining items with random acts of destruction. I'm really enjoying it so far. Cant seem to find all 3 of the pink eledees, which is a bit of a bastard as a time limit free mode sounds tempting

Been playing this like a maniac, its great fun. I had the same initial reaction that everyone else had (apart from the pressing the same button thing, which ive not had a problem with really). When you get to the street levels then you see just how big some levels are and you realise that literally everything is interactive.

Get enough power and you can turn on entire street blocks at the main generator switch which gives you enough strength to uproot those pesky trees. You can turn on cranes and steamrollers but with enough power you can just move the buildings out of the way, the great part is that the levels are hugely revisitable as you get a strength power up which puts you up 4 base levels meaning that the previous top power limit is now potentially four times bigger so find the electrical Eledees to strengthen yourself up and then find the superstrength power up (the yellow ball) and houses are mere play things.

The levels have strategy (especially some of the later ones) and also get a lot trickier, one of the new eledees that you discover can 'combine' mighty morphin power rangers style and turn into a bigger eledee that chucks stuff around. Mere childish annoyance you might think - until you get to a level where there is a noise limit or a breakage limit - and these bastards become slightly more of a problem.

I think that this game is in the same ilk as a warioware or cooking mama (although in terms of theme its very similar to Pikmin) in that it displays the whacky potential of the Wii and shows a game that no other system could properly host.