passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

Sambob

I'm admit I'm a Poke-n00b but so far the only thing that let me down are the in-battle graphics. I mean, you look at Final Fantasy III superb 3-d rendition of battles (and the ennemies are often impressive, given the low polygon count), and then you look at this.... It's not BAD, it's just that it could've been 100 times better.

Although I admit the graphics elsewhere have this nice, 2d feel but done in 3d, which is nice.

Are we gonna make a DS-WIIFI Team/Group??? One of us needs to make the group first, I think it was in the 1st town there's someone you can speak to, then we all need to join. Then whenever any of us go online it'll update everybodies records, wins/losses pokemon seen/caught.

EDIT: Ya I was meaning an admin do it :-) I think the person is near the Tv station in the first town/city

EDIT: I mean Poketck building not TV station

MANAPHY EGG! MANAPHY EGG!

I bet thats what u got Jimbo, i bet i bet!! Me too.... gonna pawn all u n00bzorz! God bless Pokemon Ranger.Just keep walkin Jimbo, thats the only way it hatches.

Couple of things for the new people, for breeding purposes, catch male and female of every Mon u come across. And I only ever raise Male Pokemon, they pass on moves through breeding. Thats right, Pokemon recognises that women are only usefull for the horizontal mambo. Females dont pass on moves, but the egg hatched from breeding will always be the Female mons species.

Yep! Just hatched now...gonna boast to the nine year olds in the park later on :)

And what is all this I hear about HAPPY Pokemon? I know they all have natures but how do you tell if a mon is happy or not?

i think in gold and silver you had to check at someones house,

they stay happy if they win matches and you give them items,

they went sad if they lost battles or stayed in the boxes too long

you get eggs by breeding pokemon(in the previous game you would also be given an egg with a special pokemon) you must walk thousands of steps before they hatch :P

As for happyness, in the Eterna pokecenter a girl gives you an app for the poketch where you can see your pokemon's happyness

they just float around the screen tho, i dno wht tht means o_O

Also when u find a pokemon different to its original colour, its known as a SHINY pokemon, extremlely rare, especially if the pokemon is a legendary one too

touch one of the pokemon at the poketch app, the more hearts it shows, the happier he is.

it's a 1/8000 chance of getting a shiny if I'm not mistaken. same chance for all pokemon and it seems that it's easier to get a shiny on the new games.

My starter mon was Turtwig, i put this here cos its easy reference.

Turtwig

5 Withdraw

9 Absorb

13 Razor Leaf

17 Curse

21 Bite

25 Mega Drain

29 Leech Seed

33 Synthesis

37 Crunch

41 Giga Drain

45 Leaf Storm

Level 18 Grotle

Start Tackle

Withdraw

5 Withdraw

9 Absorb

13 Razor Leaf

17 Curse

22 Bite

27 Mega Drain

32 Leech Seed

37 Synthesis

42 Crunch

47 Giga Drain

52 Leaf Storm

Torterra at level 32

5 Withdraw

9 Absorb

13 Razor Leaf

17 Curse

22 Bite

27 Mega Drain

32 Earthquake

33 Leech Seed

39 Synthesis

45 Crunch

51 Giga Drain

57 Leaf Storm

Looks like its best for Turtwig to stay as he is till level 25 to get Megadrain nice and early, but then personally ill let him evolve into Grotle after that, then Torterra at 32 so he learns Earthquake.

im trying to completely chagin my old team, if u got any of these or its earlier forms to trade, tell me plz :D

Heatran - Fire/Steel

Palkia - Water/Dragon

Giratina - Ghost/Dragon

Luxray - Lightning

Gallade - Fight/Psychic

Abomasnow - Ice/Grass

well i have a luxray already...

155 million Pokemon games sold and counting: This week sees the release of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, which will be one of the biggest sellers of the year. Click through for early critical raves and the rest of this week's releases.

They’re cute, have superpowers and can live in little balls. But that's quite an oversimplification of the little “pocket monsters” that have attracted millions of fans and generated billions of dollars in revenue.

This week, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl debuted, the first traditional, non-spin-off Pokemon games that will be available in the US on the Nintendo DS handheld. Launched in late September 2006 in Japan, Diamond and Pearl enjoyed the best launch week sales-wise of any DS game in the region.

added ya wiivo