passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Kuru Poto / Kurupoto

retroed

0915.jpg

Kuru Poto (kuru-poto: kuru=turn, poto=drop) has been out for around a month now in Japan. It's a puzzle based game in which you have to guide your little dude to the exit. You start off in a grid square with just yourself, the exit, and other blocks inside it. You have to rotate the screen 90 degrees using either the L+R buttons or the stylus. Doing so, gravity takes hold, and some of the inner blocks will move with you.

The aim of the game is to move around the screen, using the blocks to your advantage in most case, to successfully get to the exit. There is no time limit, so you're never under pressure to rush yourself. If you finish the puzzle within a set amount of turns, you get a crown next to the level marker, but as long as you manage to get to the exit, in no matter how many turns, you will be able to proceed.

In each world there are a set number of puzzles to finish. Once you have done this, you unlock a picture. The sound effects are proper cute in this game, it's just oozes happiness.

0915a.jpg0915d.jpg

I don't think I've explained it very well, but the demo at the bottom of this post will give you a better idea.

After the tutorials I managed to delete the save and had to start again. Third time lucky, I got it mastered (If you already have a gamesave for this game, choose the first option on the menu, then the 2nd. 1st- New Game 2nd- Continue Saved Game). The game does autosave after you finish a level.

It's available (although currently 7-14 day wait) at YesAsia for $26.99 delivered.

Official site HERE. Click on the 3rd link on the left for a one level demo. Cheers to Ben for pointing that out to me.

I've also just found another 3-level playable version online, see HERE.

I thoroughly recommend this to all. It's one of the most enjoyable games I've played in recent times. You can pick it up, do a couple puzzles, and switch off with a feeling that you've accomplished something. The happy theme of the game brings a smile every time. Don't worry about being put off as it's all in Japanese. I know fuck all Japanese, and I'm getting on fine now. For under fourteen quid, everyone should play this game. :)

Playing that little demo makes me want this more and more damn Yesasia and the stupid 7-14 day wait looks infuriating but in a good way cant wait.

And now it appears im addicted to that little 3 level flash thing. Damn you Ed

OMG I Feel the love that is Kurupoto!?! Everybody who loves puzzle games, and I do, should have this in their collection! Don't worry about the language issues, its such a simple, charming game! I soooo love the way its cheeky voice say's Kurupoto? .... Kuru? Kuru? Spot on ! good find Ed tongue.png

This sounds like a Hendo kind of game, I keep meaning to try that demo but I get distracted everytime I see this thread - and at the moment I'm just having a quick gander through the forum. Must remember to click!

Centy's arrival of this in his collection reminded me that I had a bash on the demo last week, and a few days later had a go on the full version that a mate bought.

I got somewhere through the second world but I can't say it grabbed me at all. It's strange as "wacky puzzle game + wacky characters" normally equals win for me, but I just couldn't get into it.

I know you'll all call me a heathen, but it just seemed really empty.

I turned it on and the menu scared me back to puzzlequest earlier but im going to have another bash especially if Ed can give me a quick faq on the menu :kiss:

I ordered this on the strength of the 3 level demo ed put up and loved that its infuriating but in a good way and yes Hendo you're dead inside either that or you're annoyed you couldnt capture one of the squares to use as a mount :laugh:

::EDIT:: game soo good cannot talk more that is all :silly:

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...