passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Super Mario Kart

illdog

I'm not quite sure, it seems fast. I should set up the SNES and try out the US and PAL versions to see which the VC one is most like speed wise. It's packed away though, and I'm lazy.

I guess they probably just actually bothered to optimise it for 50Hz since they wanted it to be as fast as possible? Not to mention the fact that you already only get half the screen for the gameplay and it would be even worse squished.

EDIT

Just googled it, seems that it was partially PAL optimised and runs a tad slower than the US version, but not to the extent most games were at the time.

• 1 year later...

I've been playing this with the kids here and I forgot how fucking awesome MKDS really is. It feels nice to have a game where the blue shell isn't abused either, all the power ups feels just about right with none of them seeming overpowered. The racing feels like it comes out on top too, even if you get hit with everything and the kitchen sink as long as you race well you can claim a good position on the podium. I'm hoping the 3DS version of MK takes its cues from this title and not MKWii. I fucking hated that iteration.

Do many people have this on the Wii? I mean the SNES original? Co we could do a time trials competition...

I have the 64 version on the VC too if more people have that?

Or maybe we could boot back up the DS version... *explodes*