passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Podcasts

Phooey

Yeah I can't see it being gold every week, they'll probably end up with that drunk Scottish guy. :unsure:

I still can't fathom why they should change "what ya been playing?". I don't read reviews anymore, and when I think of how I make my mind up over games, it's invariably linked to conversations on podcasts, with the old 1up Yours as the best example.

In fact, it's a shame that Play Radio went down the shitter, as the future of these kinds of things is what you guys were doing on the radio, where you can talk about a game together and then the listeners join in, talking directly with you and you end up with a better perspective.

On to another podcast, I think I've mentioned it before but the new Squadron of Shame is about Uncharted (the first one) so I'm giving it a listen.

In fact, it's a shame that Play Radio went down the shitter, as the future of these kinds of things is what you guys were doing on the radio, where you can talk about a game together and then the listeners join in, talking directly with you and you end up with a better perspective.

Oh man i was so bummed out about the fall of play radio. I'm looking into setting up a DIY studio to get the live format back but it's going to take a hell of a lot of work. I miss taking calls.

Loved the two Eurogamer shows, elmo. :)

Shame the second one was so short but both were quality and very funny. I saw Murray's picture of the nVidia girls on his Twitter feed. :wub:

Cheers man, means a lot.

Yeah the one on the right needed some nerd cock. Unfortunately we went to say goodbye to them on the sunday and they were talking to two well built EA booth blokes. We can't compete with booth blokes :(

Giant Bombcast this week is really funny. Which is odd as it has the annoying-camp-as-christmas-but-"has-a-girlfriend"-otaku-modern-rhythm-game-hating-old-school-rhythm-game-loving-snob of a tosspot on it.

I'm a fan. :wub:

Gerstmann is worth his considerable weight this week, especially in the "what's out" section.

Yup, Bombcast was very entertaining this week.

The final* Thumbs is out now, going to listen to it at work today.

Nick Breckon's Twitter: Leaving Thumbs was tough. Glad it will semi-continue in some form (spoiler?!). The hope of returning helps.

Only about 20 minutes in on Joypod so far, but it's made me laugh enough already. elmo's sound isn't as bad as he made out.

Finally got round to the end of Giant Bomb and Idle Thumbs, as I've had to listen to them in chunks at a time. Really good stuff. :)

4 Guys 1UP was good last week with Jeff Green, nice to see some proper insight into how his job changed.

Bombcast made me laugh this week, if only for the bit about Brad and the jews. Jeffs random nger about weed was a bit strange, but yeah it is lowest common denominator pandering I guess.

4guys was good too, if they keep that standard up then it might actually be better than old 1up

Joypod was ace this week.

Cheers man!

Yeah we've had a lot of feedback about the sound not being as bad as i made out. I think i just freak out when it comes to that shit. So what's 4 guys 1 up been like then? Might check it out this week.

Great cast, elmo :)

I'm patiently waiting for someone to bring back Hogs of War. Has to have Rik Mayall doing the voices though.

Spent today playing multiplayer on a little known obscure game while listening to Joypod, the Giant Bombcast spoiler edition of MW2 campaign (don't listen to it if you haven't finished it) and 4 Guys 1UP which was pretty good.