passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Hotel Dusk : Room 215

Hendo

I've done the first chapter of this. It seems alright, lots of different things to do, and it's obvious even at this early stage that something big is going on. That said i still feel like I'm waiting for the game to start properly, it's felt like I've not need to use any skill yet (apart from the suitcase, but that was me being an idiot), I dont need to pick my questions, or ignore opportunities I can just say what i like.

I was a bit rude to the hot woman (one of many by the look of things) but that was the only time where it felt like I might need to be careful how I answered.

The artwork's very nice, I dont know if it's deliberate but the way the characters are constantly moving makes it seem less static (sic) that an interactive book should

Oh, and on a side note, I've just got an email from Movietyme cancelling my order for this, even though I've got it in my DS as I type. Strange

gah I'm positively wetting myself about this game, I really want it now, gah damn you all. Please hail the return of point and click, please dear god please someone shake Lucas Arts by the face.

Finished the 2nd chapter last night, and already I'm loving this. I've been kicked out of the hotel and had to reload for being a bit too smart mouthed, after that though it's been smooth sailing.

The plot's kicked in, and I've started to suspect other guest of being involved (me, not my character) , My only worry is about the length of the game, I'm sure the puzzles will get much tougher than the ones I've already done, but it seems like the pieces could fall into place a bit quick in terms of plot, hopefully there'll be a few twists left before then

Well I have just finished the first chapter, and I'm really getting into it story wise. The first chapter is good for getting you to learn the style of the game, which I'm happy to say is as good as the 1UP guys said it is. The notebook is a fantastic feature, I've got a couple things written down in it, mainly numbers. I really like the way there is a recap at the end of the chapter, it keeps the important things fresh in your mind; Another Code did something very similar to this, too.

I'm not quite at the end of the first chapter just yet.

I've met the author and swapped my package for his, now I need to figure out how to get the wire down from the holder so I can open my suitcase.

And I agree with Ben, the women are damn hot.

:)

Random question here but can you save at any time during the game or only at certain moments? The reason I ask is because I mostly play my DS on the bus to and from work and need to switch it off the second I arrive at my stop.

I think you can save at any point apart from when you're in conversation with someone. The conversation's I've had aren't that long really, and there's been more wandering abround and fiddling with stuff to be honest.

EDIT

I have actually finished the first chapter.

Nice touch with the recap at the end (like Another Code).

Ben, did you do the 'suitcase thing' in the first chapter? I have only just got the tool I need for it, part way through chapter two. I didn't try entering the area I got the tool from until now, though. Anyway, I am absolutely loving the game/story still. I took the black Lite with this in the slot to work today, and a couple colleagues asked what it was all about. They seemed quite intrigued, and like the style and way you hold it like a book. As do I, it's awesome :)

I had to wait till chaper 2 for that bit aswell, but I spent about 20 mins clicking on the suitcase wondering why I couldnt open it before I checked my inventory and found the suitcase key :blush:

I've not played it since Friday so it sounds like you two are about caught up to me, I'm just starting chapter 3, but I wont get much chance to play it tomorrow.

When I showed it to my friends they liked its book-likeness too, then they all strted singing 'Take on me'

Ben wrote:

When I showed it to my friends they liked its book-likeness too, then they all strted singing 'Take on me'

Haha yes! And to top it off, it was on my local radio whilst driving home from work tonight. I was picturing Kyle as the main dude in the video. :laugh:

I'm somewhere through Chapter 2. The plot hasn't quite kicked in yet, in fact I'm not sure what angle this game is going down yet.

So far (and these aren't really spoilers) my ex-partner is missing and the hotel is meant to be a bit weird. Other than that there's not a lot going on, except maybe for the mysterious girl. (oh oh oh oh oh - sorry)

So far I love it, though you wouldn't be able to tell.

It's got a great sense of style, the dialogue is good, the story so far is not quite the norm and you're not the sterotypical good guy.

He can be a bit moody to say the least!

I'm at the start of Chapter 4 now. Chapter 3 was an interesting one. I also got stuck at one point in Chapter 3. I wonder if it was over the same part as you, Ben? Anyway, things are getting quite interesting now, and there are a few questions that need answering. Excellent stuff, I'll be sad when it's over.