passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Yoshis Island DS

stu

Now, before I start...

The original YI in my eyes is the greatest ever 2D platformer not to be named Super Mario World.

Therefore, I may be biased....

Now, onwards.

I'm only a few levels in, but already, I can say, without doubt, this is the best platformer of the last 10 years.

Its VERY similar to the SNES classic, the levels virtually the same, but already I can notice little differences that are going to come into play once the other babies are availible.

Also, from what I've read, it becomes it;s own game from world 2 onwards, I shall update when I get there.

It's not easy, but has that perfect learning curve that only Nintendo can do correctly.

There's also an awesome museum thing and quite a few things to be unlocked by the looks of it.

Basically, if you have a DS, you MUST have this.

now on world 3, and the levels have been all new for ages now, in fact only a couple from world 1 were old ones IIRC...

the levels are huge, the changing charecters brilliantly implented and the bosses are wonderful!

i am in total love with this game.

Woah! This game has exceeded my expectations tenfold!

Now, I'm a huge fan of the original, and I know a lot of people have had bad things to say about this DS version, saying it is not a faithful representation. Well, I have to say that Artoon have done a superb job with Yoshi's Island DS. I love the new features, the graphics are some of the nicest I have seen, gameplay is super fun and addictive.

As DG says, the levels are massive! I am on level 2-7 now, and am having an absolutely fantastic time playing through. There is so much variation from level to level, and for the completists, it is going to take an age to clock this game 100%.

This is in my top 5 for the 2006, possibly even top 3.

I already ordered this one along with Mario 3 on 3 hoops and Rub Rabbits.

Now I'm waiting for the Wifi USB thing to order Bomberman and some other good wifi game so I can take away your joy of playing games(I'll always win and you'll always lose).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No, I am on level 4-7 still! There's all these platforms in the air, and those bouncing bubble things, and I keep falling to my death! It's a good job I built up a ton of 1UP's. Frustrating me, it is! But I shall persevere.