passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Persona 3 Reload

HandsomeDead

It's a common thing in Shin Megami Tensei games overall.  They just treat everything from all of the folklore of the world with genuine curiosity.  I guess just doing that is blasphemy in some cases but it never got the Pokémon or Harry Potter treatment.  Though it's not nearly as well known which is likely the bigger reason.

Man

What a beautiful game. 

BOSS SPOILERS - Whooped him. But super cool screenshot

Spoiler

image.png

STORY SPOILERS

Spoiler

image.png

I haven't actually cried but almost broke like 3 times so far.

I'm so conflicted about the ending both the way they do it in this version, and just the second time around. But I'm drained after all that so that's enough Persona for today 

Upload the photo with the add file bit like usual, click the spoiler icon and then instead of writing in there hit the blue insert tag on the picture...

Spoiler

b9aa5a9057fa0d1fac6b64b93d8d4551.jpg

I do everything on this site via phone/tablet...👍👍

Have two achievements left to get so started NG+

image.png

I looked up how to fuse Messiah and I could do that right now, however all the social links reset on NG+ so that means there's no bonuses to fusions, either. So guess I'll wait. 

Thankfully there appears to be no achievements for completing tasks or beating the ultimate boss. Which I'm mixed on. On the one hand thank god, that looks so tough. But also seems a bit of a cop out that one of the few things in the game that could be considered an achievement isn't actually achievement. I might just do it for the fuck of it, depending on how this play through unravels. 

At least a lot of time will be cut here because of being overpowered. I literally just press start on every fight and one shot everything, including bosses, up until the first barrier. 

One of the things about NG+ is that all equipment carries over but party levels do not. So my party are low level with end game equipment. I was thinking how that's kind of a pain, but I suppose all I need to do is hit a few of those green level-up doors and they'll go straight to level 90 as well. 

The only thing I have to consider is the social links. I know the old book couple can be saved until last, since social stats carry over any social links locked behind them I'll be able to do straight away, so I think this should be possible this time (It was probably possible on playthrough 1, I just didn't optimise the time) so I think I can do it. 

NG+ has gotten stupid

image.png

image.png

What a visual 😄

It's been a while where I've played a game where I'm so OP it's like having cheats on. The second boss in the game is supposed to be a big character moment for a new team member where she uses her unique power to save the team. But 1st move, turn 1 I had Lucifer do Megiadolan had killed both bosses at once haha. It's fun. 

The first boss on the train I one-shotted, too. Which is extra funny because that boss brings in a time limit to raise the stakes. The whole thing was over in about 10 seconds. 

This power ruins the story lol. 

I'm also speeding through as much of the game as I can. Already in July and maxed out 3 social links and just started Fuuka's. So hopefully I'm ahead of the game (no pun intended) in terms of Social Link stuff. 

Floor 60-something and I've just started to run into bosses who take 2 hits to kill instead of 1.

This playthrough is ridiculous, but really fun so far.

Shame you not enjoying the social sim side to the game @shinymcshine it's like 50% of the game so it's tough if you don't like that part 

I've just passed the Kyoto trip on NG+. I've been speeding through the game but for that school trip I stopped at 'the part' just to fail it on purpose and see what would happen. I think it's a fun bit either way

I've got 2 more ranks each for Fuuka and Yukari, 4 ranks for the bookshop couple. Then have to start Mitsuru and Aegis when time, and the rest are story related so should complete them selves. 

So I think I got this in the bag, hopefully. Hope I don't jinx myself ☹️

This playthrough has been easy, because I've been speeding through all the dialogue except for certain cutscenes/events that I like. Even at floor 160+ something I just let the team rush the enemy for the most part so that's really quick. I cleared a whole block just shy of 55 minutes earlier. It's both fun and brainless. Obviously not the best way to have the best time with the game but I'm just trying to get to these social links. 

I've played through what took me about 80hours in just under 20 though. So steamrolled through it. I'm really glad it works out like this so if you do miss something in the game and want to get back in and do it. Well, 20 hours is still a commitment. But at least it doesn't take another 100 and you don't really have to 'play' it. You just press start and the game plays itself 

I don't mind a bit of the social stuff, but thought I'd be steaming into end game territory rather than spending 90 mins on; a field trip to Kyoto; a small amount of important main plot action; and now work experience...

IMG_20240405_064054400.jpg

@Maf Re Kyoto trip

Spoiler

Guess the part you referred to is the Hot Springs bit - I got busted trying to hide by the rock, guess the steam gives a different outcome !?!?

Wasn't spectacularly bad anyway (unless I missed some pixelated nakedness ....)

Spoiler

Lol yeah. There are 3 choices and if do it successfully the guys get away without being busted. You don't get anything for winning/losing that bit it's just a fun moment 

And done !!!

Well...

sort of....

it was the end of December ending !

Spoiler

Now if you can convince me that I can carry on to Nyx and it'll be over in less than 5 hrs, I might give it a go - but TBH I'm sort of happy with the alternative ending, and I'm not really sure I'll get any more joy from grinding on further to another ending and a big boss battle.

I'm happy that I stuck with it, was great that @Maf was doing a run through too, and gave me the encouragement to stick it out longer than I might otherwise.

No, keep going, it's so inferior to the real ending.  I think it could be done in less than 5 hours easily.

Actually, second thoughts it may be a few hours more than that but if you're rushing it to get to the end 5 may be it.