passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania

mmmark

I think I’ve only ever owned two monkey ball games. The first on gamecube and Blitz on Wii. There was a few between those and more after I never picked up as once you’ve played one monkey in a ball you’ve played all monkeys in all balls. Blitz though was 15 years ago and when I saw this was getting good reviews I felt ready to relive that monkey in a ball experience.

So far it hasn’t disappointed. Firstly it asked if I want to connect to the internet for friend leaderboards. YES PLEASE. Tho I think I’m the only one to have it 😢 

From stage 1-1 of story mode (there’s so many modes) you can see it’s a cheeky bastard as behind you are bananas in a tricky place too 100% the stage which to the untrained eye needs only for you to tilt forward. From 1-2 those naughty bananas are there again, and other being dicks in hard to reach places. Needless to say the further you go the more the bananas become anti social twats.

If like me you haven’t delved into a monkeys balls for over a decade and loved it before, you’ll feel right at home. I very stressful cute home.

ps Sega has seen fit to make a series of cooking videos. Enjoy. 

• 3 weeks later...

I’m playing through the main story. I’ve gotten to the fourth set of levels called Inside a Whale and boy howdy is it tough. In fact it sucks Super Monkey Dick. The difficulty spike is through the roof and each time you beat a level

you think “it just can’t get tougher then that” but, you know, it does.

However, victory seems just within your grasp so it has that “just one more go” factor. It’s torturous. It’s Monkey Ball.

13 hours ago, illdog said:

I’m playing through the main story. I’ve gotten to the fourth set of levels called Inside a Whale and boy howdy is it tough. In fact it sucks Super Monkey Dick. The difficulty spike is through the roof and each time you beat a level

you think “it just can’t get tougher then that” but, you know, it does.

However, victory seems just within your grasp so it has that “just one more go” factor. It’s torturous. It’s Monkey Ball.

I think this is where I got to as well, before noping the heck out as I kept calling my monkey a fucking cunt and remembered why I hate Monkey Ball (I don't mean that, you can't really hate Monkey Ball)

I beat World 4 and went on to beat the next two worlds after. They certainly weren’t problem free but they were nowhere near World 4’s difficulty. Some of these levels were just a bit shit in the design department really. 

@Bobjust give in and buy it all ready. It’s monkey crack, however you imagine that it’s enticing.

I’m on 8-6 now. At the moment that feels as far as I’m gonna get but I’ll probably feel different tomorrow. 

I had to Google how to do 8-4 and still it took some time to do after I knew how to do it. I then had to Google 8-6 but I still can’t do it. It feels kinda crappy having to look up what to do, I feel like it should be lack of skill stopping me, not the actual workings of the level. You have to press buttons and stuff now. 

Special shout on to 7-4, I’ll see you in hell you hateful fuck.