passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Abandoned

DisturbedSwan

I mean there's lots of evidence to say Kojima is involved, and the trailers put out for PT no one thought were particularly well done or Kojima-esque.

I would take a Bloober SH over no SH but I hope its not exclusive is all. If it is it is, I'll have my Xbox by then.

Going back to this, I really do hope it's not just another asset flip horror title, because the 'game' seen in the trailer was a $35 asset you can buy from the Unreal Store.

P.T's trailer was a lot better than this

It also had that trademark 'oh I totally invented "interactive teaser"' Kojima pretentiousness (eg, transfarring, 'strand game'). The trailer in OP looks like somebody recorded a HDR video and played it on SDR, it looks so blown out and broken

I dunno what constitutes evidence for this but the stuff posted in here and on resetera isn't it. The thing for me with Silent Hill is I'm such a casual fan that the only thing that would interest me is if they did the Koji and Del Toro team up again, or if they did a spiritual followup on P.T. without the license. It's not that unlikely I think that Kojima could be working on a horror game but whatever it is is far off an announcement I'd guess. If bloober do SH I won't buy it, The Medium was shocking.

I think it's just fun to speculate, I don't see anything wrong with that, again, I do think some of the evidence out there or 'evidence' if you don't want to believe it is quite compelling, even to someone like me who rarely gets taken in with conspiratorial type stuff.

Even if this isn't anything related to SH or Kojima, I had hoped it would be good but without those two attached to it in some way it doesn't look like it's going to be based on the trailer (which again, is using a $35 Unreal store asset).

I honestly didn't remember the PT trailer too well, in my mind it looked worse than that, I still don't think it screams AAA or Kojima though, but I guess it's easier to see with knowledge and hindsight, at the time I didn't have a clue.

Yea but the speculation can get extreme when people are going over a dude's life with a fine tooth comb, not that you are doing that but the tone of that video makes it seem like the experience has stopped being fun for that dude (if it ever was). Like ppl are trying to unearth details of past projects and failed kickstarters and where the money is going, things like this.

Now for my own speculation I think either some uncomfortable truth might have got digged up or he's in some sort of trouble, just based on how stressed he looked in that video. Or just sick of the scrutiny maybe, which is ironic as I sit here scrutinising this guy and become part of the problem

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The 'Realtime Trailers' app came out last night on PSN, I couldn't find it in the store and had to use the search function on PS5 before finally finding it though. Fired it up, selected a language and was met with 'come back soon...' so I guess I'll do that in a few days.

The most persistent rumour surrounding Kojima anyway is he's doing an Xbox cloud based title next, not playstation. Which actually sounds pretty interesting. The 'power of the cloud' is actually a thing now, just look at Flight Simulator. Not a meme anymore

https://www.vg247.com/2021/07/02/hideo-kojima-xbox-letter-of-intent-cloud-project/

Isn't that dude pretty reliable, I dunno much about him though. Though I'm not sure why you take an industry vet with a pinch of salt but not the rabbithole that is this thread lol

I can't understand tho why at any point people wanted these guys to be behind Silent Hill after that first trailer, it looked really bad. I've heard people say P.T. looked like a cheap indie game and I've no idea what they're smoking, that shit looked photo-realistic at the time. Still looks great today even. 

I think also at this point Kojima's interest is in his own original IPs and not Konami stuff anymore. He probably won't do Death Stranding 2 cause I don't think the game sold well enough considering its AAA pedigree but it sounds like there might be some receptive minds over at MS for whatever experiments he could do with cloud gaming.

They recently said Death Stranding sold 5 million copies. If they expected a game about a dude just walking around with a baby in his backpack to sell more than that they've lost all touch with reality. Even with the usual PS exclusive hype + Kojima's name I would never have thought this would pass 1.5 million.

A game that will neither sell 5 nor 1.5 million copies is Abondened though, that much is guaranteed. 

2 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Isn't that dude pretty reliable, I dunno much about him though. Though I'm not sure why you take an industry vet with a pinch of salt but not the rabbithole that is this thread lol

I can't understand tho why at any point people wanted these guys to be behind Silent Hill after that first trailer, it looked really bad. I've heard people say P.T. looked like a cheap indie game and I've no idea what they're smoking, that shit looked photo-realistic at the time. Still looks great today even. 

I think also at this point Kojima's interest is in his own original IPs and not Konami stuff anymore. He probably won't do Death Stranding 2 cause I don't think the game sold well enough considering its AAA pedigree but it sounds like there might be some receptive minds over at MS for whatever experiments he could do with cloud gaming.

He's wrong more times than not AFAIK, he said Xbox Live Gold was going free for ages then they increased the price. He said Starfield was a 2021 a release repeatedly, said Scarlet Nexus was going to be Day 1 on Game Pass, said repeatedly Mass Effect LE would get announced last October and it didn't. He's a bit of an attention seeker that tends to make stuff up in my mind, some of the shit he throws against the wall sticks I'm sure, but for me personally, unless this is corroborated by more reliable journalists/sources (IE. J Schreier etc.) then I take it with a huge pinch of salt. 

I don't think people ever wanted these guys to be behind Silent Hill, they (myself included) wanted it to be some kind of shell studio set up by Kojima similar to 7780s for PT and Moby Dick for Phantom Pain, and wanted Kojima Productions to be developing a new SH or start development of Silent Hills again.  That's my take on it anyway. That's what I wanted, I think a KP SH would potentially make the best game compared to the other options out there. 

I think DS did sell well enough, everyone assumed it was a flop for some reason but as @Maryokutaipoints out 5 million for a pretty weird game is pretty damn good, I would've thought Sony saw those figures as decent enough. I think Kojima most likely doesn't want to do a sequel though even if Sony wanted/wants him to.

Back to Abandoned, there still hasn't been an update. There's a guy who's been streaming live since the app dropped 52 hours ago (probably more by now) and hasn't gone offline as he's still waiting for the update to drop. 😵

I guess 5 million is good, I just dunno if they ever imagined like GoW or MGS type figures from it. I bought two copies at full price, I did my part I guess.

Of course it would be amazing if Silent Hills or a spiritual successor got up and running again, but right from the offing this thing was very easy to pass off as nonsense. Like the fact that they have some mobile games shoots down any theory of them being a shell studio. There is a history there that didn't exist with the Phantom Pain and P.T. stuff. So I dunno why we scrutinise an industry rumour but dont apply something even close to the same standard to that which is clearly fabulatory. 

edit said that ME LE would get announced in October, but it did get announced! It probably got delayed, how is that attention seeking lol. Plans change in ways that industry people aren't going to have immediate access to, look at how much stuff got delayed due to covid, the only thing that's a bit strange there is the Xbox Gold thing

45 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

edit said that ME LE would get announced in October, but it did get announced! It probably got delayed, how is that attention seeking lol. Plans change in ways that industry people aren't going to have immediate access to, look at how much stuff got delayed due to covid, the only thing that's a bit strange there is the Xbox Gold thing

It got announced, February this year...I'm sure it did get delayed but with the amount of shouting from the rooftops this guy does and how sure he was that it was gonna be October last year it's pretty funny he got it so wrong. I know delays happen, especially in Covid times but when you say you're adamant Starfield drops in 2021 then change your story and go 'oooo erm I never said it was definitely coming out in 2021' as soon as Schreier writes an article saying it'll drop in 2022 it's a bit sus, same with the ME announcement, when you say you're adament about something, harp on about it on various live streams, podcasts etc. how much you 'know' and then it doesn't turn out you end up looking a bit of a cock in my view. I don't like the guy, and as mentioned previously in my view his rumours should be taken with a huge heap of salt.