passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Outer Worlds

Bob

Yeah, that was it. Short and sweet. I did every side quest I came across and still got about 25 hours out of it. Maybe I should have explored a bit more, freestyle.

Still it was a pretty good experience all told, and I think Obsidian are really close to having one of these games have FPS gameplay as a serious option. The guns were so solid in this. Maybe all that Microsoft cash will tip them over the edge. They really could be number 1 when it comes to WRPGs.

• 2 years later...

I'm on 25 hrs and have just completed the relay station (main quest) at Devil's Peak (jump started the tower).

Which means I've been doing quite a lot of sidequests, but it's getting a bit repetitive (as sidequest rewards are hardly ever worth it). So I think I'll just do the Companion quests and hammer on with the main quest from now on.

Game dynamics aren't great - the Perk & Quirk system is pretty poor, with no particularly interesting Perks or Quirks to make things more engaging (needs to take a look at how Wasteland handled these !)

Otherwise is so far so........ ho-hum. It feels like someone stuck Fallout, Mass Effect and Borderlands into a corporate blender and voted out the most interesting parts and stuck with the mundane bits.

Took about 5 hrs to wrap up the main quest - fortunately my lie/persuade/tech skillset meant that I could bypass/blag past a lot of combat encounters - was odd to get an end narrative for characters I'd not added to the party (I picked up 4 from 6? but predominantly just used Parvati and SAM).

It was a big dose of 'okay' overall.