passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Zelda: Link's Awakening

spatular

I'm calling bullshit on what you have to do to get out of the room with the 2 chess pieces. Even after googling it and performing the required action to open the door, it makes no sense as a puzzle

Although I've since been told 

Spoiler

that's the way a horse moves on chess board. Which is bollox to a snakes and ladders man like me

That puzzle has changed from the original too, where you had to make them land upright (rather than on a specific tile).

Still they always move in the same way when thrown, so even without knowing how the chess piece moves you should be able to work it out...

What a session that was. Getting the key to the Eagle's tower was pure Zelda. Lots of quirky puzzles and exploration, and a true sense of the kind of hard drugs that must have been circulating in 90's Japan.

I'm getting into the Eagle's tower, but it was a little confusing to begin with, although only as confusing as what it took to get that damn key. 

I just finished Catfish Maw which was the first dungeon I'd struggled to remember from the Gameboy version. It is such a good game though. Just spent most of my train journey doing the river raft ride. Now need to work out where I get the face key from.

Got up to level 7 and man getting the key for that level was the first time I’ve really gotten stuck. I had to actually use the phone to figure out what to do. And it was super simple as well. Basically there was a cave entrance I must of walked past about 50 times. I just spent over an hour on those mountains wandering back’n’forth. Then I used the phone and he was like “There’s an X near the X”. And I was like “You mean that X? Can’t be that X. Definitely explored there”. And as soon as I went in I was like oh. I’m dumb. 

Or tired I just played this game for like 5 hours straight. Doing quite well. Got like 15 whole heart containers, 38 seashells, a couple of secret items and I think I finished the trading game. Not clear if you have to finish the trading game to make progress but I think I’ve done it at least. 

And now it’s the thing I’ve been thinking about for this whole game. Pillar time! Should be doable but I’ll have a go tomorrow since right now I can’t even seemingly find a big stupid cave opening. 

EDIT: Also that raft rapid stuff is garbage and the worst thing I’ve seen in the game. 

Dude, I've used that phone so much there's now an NPC dressed as a cute toy policeman standing outside to make sure I'm not just going in for a piss.

Having said that, I did find the key to 7 without it, but by a series of  bizarrely lucky accidents during which I spent half an hour 

Spoiler

trying work out how I could get rid of this stupid chicken following me around

Finally got all items in the game. All I have left is 1 quarter heart piece and 4 seashells. Actually, I have a bunch of those statues to get as well. But don’t know where to get them. I’d take a pretty good guess and say you get them for clearing Dampe’s challenges. But I’ve had enough of that for a while. 

I mean, spoilers if you consider my items screen spoilers?

Spoiler

EFjH9qtUEAEc1rT.jpg

Well, I'm struggling with level 7, myself. I need to topple the last pillar but getting the ball to it is annoying. I think I know what to do, but I performed a bit of a hasty throw and lost my ball. But I can never remember the route I just took to get it there.

I ended up going and completing the game. I did manage to find all 50 seashells but the last quarter heart and the bow wow figureine escape me. I don’t know where they are. My only idea is do you get a piece of heart for doing the rapids raid? Because I got the two bits for the doing the race but it didn’t seem like the raid offered anything for completing it. 

Incredible video game. It might be my #1 this year? Sorry, Outer Wilds, but this is really fucking good. 

EDIT: Also @bellow I did it deathless I take it you did the same, yes?

So I looked up a guide where to find the final heart piece and there was one cracked wall in a cave I overlooked and it was hiding in there. Muthafucka, so easy. 

And then after that the final Bow Wow figure appeared in the catching mini game shop. So I’m guessing the figures are somehow tied to some invisible percentage score? Like ‘This figure only appears after 70% game compeletion, this one after 90%’ etc. 

But, done now. 100% complete. Tempted to give Hero Mode a go.