passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Halo 5 : Guardians

spatular

I ran through the single player on easy, so didn't take very long, and was good fun. Will have to wait for Tuesday to get stuck into coop/multiplayer.

I thought it was funny how I was jumping around looking for stuff or whatever, if you look back your AI team mates will be stood right behind you in formation. I'm not so sure why I thought it was funny now.

The big promethians seem more fun to fight with the weak spots instead of taking 10000s of bullets, that was only on easy though so...

Saw you online Nag you cheeky bugger ;) but you were playing solo so I couldn't join :weep:

Manic, didn't see you on earlier man, but I'll be on the same time later today if you're about, happy to replay the first two missions with you if you like.

So yeah, as mentioned above, played the first two missions today, didn't particularly love either of them, but the second was definitely better than the first, I see 343's bland 'push the button' objectives and environs have carried over from H4 unfortunately :weep: but I did enjoy the second mission I must say, an average start to the game, but still early days.

One thing I found really annoying was that the matchmaking didn't seem to be working at all in co-op, no one joined me for the entire two hours I was playing the game, there was no option to join a game or create one or anything, it just created one automatically and no one joined at all, you would've thought amongst the millions of people playing the game yesterday someone would've been sucked into my game who was wanting to play the same mission or something, but no, not a sausage.

Another 3 hours played yesterday, had much more fun with it, maybe the most fun I've had with a Halo campaign since Halo 3 I reckon, the environs are still too drab for me and small things like the music and the fact you still can't dual-wield annoys me, but the missions have been pretty cool, the Prometheans I like a little more than in H4 as enemies, but they're still nowhere near the Covenant for me, wish there was more levels facing the Covenant, only come across 2 out of 6 so far.

Played half-hour of the MP as well, just did Arena, played Stronghold and then Slayer and CTF, enjoyed Stronghold and CTF but didn't enjoy Slayer much at all, got my arse absolutely handed to me on a plate in Slayer, just seemed no matter what I did I just kept getting pwned, had like 3 kills, 18 deaths :lol: absolutely appalling.

Think the REQ packs are absolute dogshite though, fucking atrocious idea, surprised people aren't making more of a fuss out of Microtransactions in Halo, I didn't even know about it until I played the MP today, saw a little £1.39 next to a green pack, and £2.50 for a gold or something like that, fucking ridiculous, I guess now I know why I was getting pwned on MP, all the people have these fancy arse guns and it's now an un-even playing field.

Played half-hour of the MP as well, just did Arena, played Stronghold and then Slayer and CTF,

I guess now I know why I was getting pwned on MP, all the people have these fancy arse guns and it's now an un-even playing field.

I don't like the req packs either but they're only a thing in warzone. so no excuses :P

Another 3 hours played yesterday, 3 more missions done in the campaign, thoroughly enjoying it I must say, these last few hours its been almost non-stop Covenant (my favourite) so I'm a happy bunny, the Prometheans still rear their ugly head from time to time, but they're few and far between these last few hours, wish they had some more enemy types. Also noticed today that on top of there being no dual-wielding there's no Plasma Rifle, bit shit to be honest, and I've no idea why its been omitted, I mean there's a few cool new weapons like the Plasma Caster, but why they couldn't include an old favourite such as the Plasma Rifle I don't know.

Much better than Halo 4's campaign though, the objectives are much more varied as well, nowhere near as much 'go here, push the button' nonsense in this, still not enough vehicular combat sections for me and you don't play as Master Chief anywhere near as much as I'd like and I'd love to see a massive battle against a Scarab or something a la Halo 3, but that's just me being picky I guess, it's a very good campaign so far though.

Almost finished it earlier today, still really enjoying it I must say, the last half of the campaign the level design has really picked up and the environs have been much more varied, the enemies much more balanced between the Prometheans and Covenant overall, and I had my first full vehicle level (you start out in a Scorpion) which was really cool, but then you go back on foot and the level turned into a monotonous gauntlet up a set of characterless platforms leading up to a boss fight, it reminded me of some of my most hated levels in Halo 4 and really dragged down the pacing of the game, making me just want the game to end at the time, but I got through it and the next mission is back to environs which much more character so I'm a happy bunny.

Not got long left, on the final mission so will hopefully finish that off tomorrow.

i've still not played much of the multiplayer but enjoyed what i have played of the arena modes so far, it's pretty varied with swat, ctf, normal slayer, a teratories style mode and that elimination one too. not seen assault so that's a shame. i'm really enjoying the flag games, miss those playing destiny, not convinced by rift.

I don't finish many games but i did finish halo 4 and don't remember cortana dying? was it on the co-op run through or did i just forget?

Quite enjoying the campaign at the moment, 3 mission in i think just finished the tank bit on meridian, I'm guessing I jump back to the chief next. Only got killed once quite like the steal fro gears to get a buddy to pick you back up. Only thing I'm finding is I'm running out of ammo fairly quick so have to rely on alien weapons, much prefer the original guns if I'm honest, Need to finish the campaign before COD comes out this week.

Really enjoying this game, im not sure how big it is, or how far along i am, but its great, a great blast. Its been a while since i sat down and played a game, managed a couple of hours this afternoon, reckon i could finish it while off work for a few days.

Finished it yesterday, only had another 30 minutes or so to play of the last mission so finished it off, bit of an anti-climax and an ending very much in the style of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, setting up the inevitable Halo 6, which I assume will be out in 2017.

Really enjoyed it though I must say, far more than Halo 4 and Halo 2, still not quite as good as Halo 3's Campaign, but that was arguably Bungie's best work, so I can't really blame 343 for not reaching those heights just yet, as this is only their 2nd Halo game they've worked on.

Everything about the campaign just felt right, the pacing was pretty much perfect, the environs good and varied, none of the repetitive monotonous industrial/dark levels of Halo 4, instead you have quite a lot of differing environs from exotic jungles, alien ships, rocky wastelands, snow, a covenant planet and more, the start is maybe the least varied in terms of level design but things soon pick up at the Mission 3 or 4 mark, there's only one mission I particularly disliked which was essentially a platform-hopping Gauntlet, just not fun at all and reminded me of some of the worst parts of Halo 4.

There were much more Vehicle sections in this than in H4 as well, and I enjoyed piloting the new vehicles (the Mantis in particular) but I still felt the bombastic Halo 3-style assaults with tons of UNSC piloting Warthogs, taking on a Scarab or tons of enemies in Ghosts/Banshees/Wraiths weren't quite there, you do get those sections but the scope is much narrower and not quite as bombastic in my view, also I was going to criticise 343 for not including enough Master Chief missions (only 3 of 15) but I actually really liked Locke and his crew so I didn't really care at all to be honest, in some ways I found Locke slightly more intriguing than Chief anyway, even though most of his crew are tv/movie stereotypes they're still a likeable bunch and it's nice being able to see the Protagonist for once, the story feels more Human in a way, I know this is only Halo I'm taking about, but it still felt a more human story with Locke (mostly) at the helm than the faceless Chief.

The plot itself is intriguing for the first half, but then turns slightly predictable, I still very much enjoyed it though I must say, even though the finale was slightly disappointing.

Played about an hour and a half of Warzone today for the first time, surprisingly I enjoyed it quite a bit. The first game everything took a bit of getting used to, I died a lot and didn't quite know how the REQ system works for equipping new weapons, vehicles etc. but once I'd got the hang of it (which was a fairly quick and easy process) I was up and running and having quite a lot of fun.

It reminded me of a Halo version of Battlefield really, which is no bad thing, huge maps, people in Banshees flying in the sky, Scorpions, Mongooses, Ghosts etc. roaming all over the place, random AI enemies dropping in here there and everywhere (this is more Titanfall than BF I guess), it is very chaotic and you can end up getting pwned, especially if you don't know where you're going or what you're meant to be doing, but once you start to play the objective, trying to capture and hold bases (like Rush in BF) then everything clicks into place really and it turns into Halo Battlefield really.

By my third or 4th game I was helping capture the decisive objective on every map (the one that's always in the middle and contested the most) and then staying there, waiting for enemies to come and defending that base so we could continuously get more points on the board than the opposition who only had 1 out of 3 bases, and we had 2, of course the opposite team can still win if they take out 'Legendary' AI enemies but the odds are still stacked in your favour, and this is where I got the most luck and kills, did extremely well my last couple of games and had an absolute blast.

Managed to experience all 3 maps today, and they all seem really cool, each slightly different to the rest but with a common theme, going to go back to it tomorrow.

I shall never play through a campaign on Halo on Normal difficulty as my first playthrough again. It was stupidly easy in my opinion and made for a bit of a flat experience and there was no sense of accomplishment. Ive started again on Legendary, only done the first level but it was a much better experience, fighting up that snowy hill was tough as old boots and the Knight fight at the end was a cunt but I enjoyed it. Im holding off on my overall opinions untill I progress further on this difficulty.

I finished it on Heroic and it was just right for me, challenging at times, but not frustrating/annoying, easier than past Halo games on Heroic as well due to the team-mate revival stuff.

Are they actually rotating now?

They were for me earlier today, and yesterday, but I've definitely played the Jungle/Beach map the most though, it has repeated a few times for me too.