passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dragon's Dogma : Dark Arisen.

wholehole

I have been playing Dark Arisen tonight. It is good. I have been enjoying it a lot. REVIEWED!

I was hoping for lots of exciting new loot but that has not happened. I am getting plenty of it, the majority of it being specific to magic archers and knights. Which is odd and completely fucking useless to me. New enemies are cool, the half hour boss fight was not. HERE IS A WEAK POINT! Don't bother wasting your time hitting it though, just hit wherever, all the same really, your pawns are going to go lick that window while you kill it. Toodles <_<

So yes, overall I am liking it a lot. Has most of the same problems the main game had but with more enemies that look cooler.

I'm gonna piss about in the Everfall again for awhile, try to get to mid/late eighties then hit Bitterblack isle again... see if i can kick that bosses arse this time.

is everfall that big spiral hole in the ground?

I think I went there on a quest early on, but died repeatedly when my pawn decided to die every 2 seconds and I went back to revive them.

Is it worth me going down there when I'm only around the mid-20's? or will I get a royal beat-down?

Which boss? The big bastard at the bottom of that chamber with the spiral staircase?

A huge Evil Eye... the twat kept hitting me with darkness last time and i had no way of curing it... time for payback, i reckon.

That chap is a bit of a dick. I have found myself carrying a lot more curatives with the add on. Generally my healer can handle it but during boss fights she is too busy falling over and saying yes arisen to actually do her job.

I also came across an augment that reduces the amount of maximum health lost with each attack. Very handy.

Im still nowhere with this, just transported the cart with the Hydra head on it, done a few other little side quests and stuff, probably spent about 4 hours on it. Im not sure im loving being the bow dude, think I would rather have been a sword and shield type bro.

Im still nowhere with this, just transported the cart with the Hydra head on it, done a few other little side quests and stuff, probably spent about 4 hours on it. Im not sure im loving being the bow dude, think I would rather have been a sword and shield type bro.

It's quite easy to swap, but if you're that early on, I guess you could restart..

The game pretty much encourages changing up your vocation... you'll just be abit shafted if you spend the entire game as a Warrior then switch to a Sorcerer right at the end

Have you fought the Ur Dragon yet, Bob?... and did you forge the Wyrmking ring?...

Yes to both although I haven't killed the Ur Dragon and I only thought to forge the ring on my last play through so only have the one. Pretty handy though.

The game pretty much encourages changing up your vocation... you'll just be a bit shafted if you spend the entire game as a Warrior then switch to a Sorcerer right at the end

So I should actively look to swap then? I've upgraded from Strider to ranger, would it be worth my while changing class altogether?

I've stumbled into situations where I've hit creatures that I struggle to damage, but I thought that was just down to the rock:paper:scissors nature of the game, and the reason why you can have 3 pawns in tow. for example I can one hit kill a harpy and take down a cyclops pretty much on my own, but skeleton knights are big problems for me, especially if I get surrounded.

I'd say its worth it to swap about for the different augments that unlock...my Magic Archer character has augments from Fighter, Warrior, Mage and Sorcerer active at the minute.

dang!

I see what you mean about high level pawns taking experience away, sure fights were much easier with a level 90 pawn, but I think it was pretty much halving my exp!

Do the bad guys level up, or am I eventually going to be handing out one hit slap-downs?

You'll be able to bitch slap certain enemies after a point but stronger versions will appear in various places.

I've made progress at Bitterblack... got revenge on the bloody eye thing and opened up the first shortcut. Looking at some of the noticeboard quests its adding dlc creatures into the main game locations (GoreCyclopse in Soulflayer Canyon... nice), can't say I've grabbed much decent gear though.

I just finished this. What a piece of shit last boss for the expansion. That bit where you have to depend on your pawn to be not a fucking idiot was my favourite.

I will spoiler this. No story, just one of the attacks the last boss uses.

So he stops and uses a move were he sucks everyone into this rift. As far as I could tell if you get trapped there you are fucked unless your pawns can do significant damage to him, I know, unlikely. You can use a wakestone, your pawns are gone for good. You can jump up on his back and hit him in the head to stop it in theory. But when I climbed up on him half of the time it wouldn't let me get into position to hit his head. On top of that he usually just flies about everywhere, sending you one way or the other so you can't get a bearing on where you are, thus climbing in the right direction is made next to impossible unless you get lucky. In the end I had one pawn left and had given up, I believe the pad may have been on the floor at this point. Then I noticed he wasn't attacking, I saw he was doing his super move so tried mounting him, got lucky and finished him off. Cunt.

I guess there is still plenty to be done but not by me. I am well and truly done with this now. Any good will that was left by the things the game did right was stomped out of me in the final section. I think a sequel has incredible potential if they look a what they got wrong and run with what they got right but I guess time will tell.