passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Virtual Reality Stuff

spatular

Yeah its a difficult one to call, if you havent tried VR before then it might be better to go for the cheaper one in case you dont like it. I wasnt sure if i should go for the quest 2 too because it is a big saving. All ive done so far on the 3 is stuff that would also work on the 2, and the really old vr headset i already had. But yeah agree with one-armed dwarf, they do seem to drop support quite quick. Theres supposed to be a cheaper quest 3 lite coming next year too, waiting to see what that is might be another option, although not 100% sure its even a real thing. One of the advantages of the quest 3 is the bigger sweet spot so you dont have to fiddle around getting the headset in the right position as much.

ive played a little bit on the quest 3, at first had no games for it, then worked out pistol whip and robo recall are cross buy so could claim those, and the beat saber dlc is cross buy too but not the game so bought beat saber. So basically ive been playing beat saber and pistol whip, both of which ive already played shed loads ( because they’re awesome).

the pass through isnt as good as youtube reviews say, i guess as they have much better lighting than normal homes? Its fine but really grainy picture, ive nothing to compare it to mind, never used one with passthrough before.

the mini AR demo game is quite fun.

the sweet spot is really big and it looks really clear and hi res compared to previous ones ive tried - rift cv1 and psvr1. Havent really noticed god rays much yet, thats really bad on the rift.

not tried linking to pc yet.

Quest 3 stuff - Still mainly been playing beat saber on this but also tried some other stuff, linked it to pc with a cable, mostly worked fine, played some rez and alyx, see what people were on about now with the graphics on alyx, looks really nice! Not tried connecting via wifi yet.

the piano AR app seems really cool, only had a quick go though.

was planning to mainly use this for pcvr, not planning on buying much on the quest store, but there was a sale and i bought loads of stuff :facepalm:

was finding it pretty uncomfy at first but messed with the strap a bit, not sure if that helped or ive just got used to it but its a bit less un-comfy now, but still easily worse than other headsets ive tried, guess its the extra weight. Would be nice to stick to the default strap as it fits nicely in the box for storage. No problem with glasses - my glasses are quite small mind.

^ yeah i read the 3rd party straps might be better than the official one, well at least stronger.

forgot to mention the battery life, its not great, ive never had to charge a device so much before, lucky i dont want to spend hours at a time in vr so its not a big problem i guess.

• 3 weeks later...

New quest exclusive Asgard's Wrath II getting really good reviews, Quest 3's killer app

https://www.ign.com/articles/asgards-wrath-2-review

Asgard's Wrath 2 is the full-fledged VR open-world RPG I've always wanted to play, and for that matter it's one of the best RPGs in any perspective I've played in years. With four unique characters and stories, fantastic and satisfying combat, intricate and rewarding RPG systems, a great story, and an entire roguelite dungeon-crawling mode thrown in just to show off, this masterpiece completely nails almost everything it tries – much of which has never been pulled off in VR. The Meta Quest 3's killer app has arrived, and even after more than 90 hours throwing squids at gloriously shredded lizards and whipping across gaps, I'm still eager to jump back in.

https://www.androidcentral.com/gaming/virtual-reality/asgards-wrath-2-meta-quest-release

If I had to give the game a review score right now, I'd give it a 10/10. To say this game is a masterpiece is selling it short. This isn't just the best VR game of the year, it's in the top 3 best games of the year on all platforms. Only Baldur's Gate 3 and The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom fit in the same category of content-packed RPGs.

Well I found out my prescription lens holder is cracked so maybe I won't play either, unless this superglue solution works for me.

It sounds like a lot for VR. A 100 hour open world RPG with loot mechanics and stuff. I kinda play VR for maybe 30/40 minutes at a time. Getting through it would be like playing video games in the Blakey household 👴

People are saying crazy things about it though, stuff like 'best VR game of all time, TOTK for VR' etc

12 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

It sounds like a lot for VR. A 100 hour open world RPG with loot mechanics and stuff. I kinda play VR for maybe 30/40 minutes at a time.

yeah same here, played re4 and alyx both around 20 hours seemed long enough. Hope you can fix the lenses ok

edit - tried it - was ok i guess, nothing amazing happened so far, combat was alright/sort of fun. no reason so far i can see why teleport wasn't included. i think tutorial messages may be appearing behind me. managed to play more than expected but did feel a bit sick by the end.

I bought it and regret it. I dunno, just feels like a fairly standard 'loot em up' hack n slash that happens to be in VR. The type of stuff I was already worn out by with GoW ragnarok

The thing about melee combat in VR is it completely sucks cause there's no feedback whatsoever, one thing that flat screen gaming is just much better at.

This review is less effusive than the ones above, kinda just feels like there's a bit of a hype bubble going on with this game given there's only a few reviews represented so far. But who knows, it's 100 hours long and I 'only' played 2

https://www.uploadvr.com/asgards-wrath-2-review/

I never went back to it as it made me a bit sick, will try again if they add teleport. Melee seemed ok to me but i only played a little, guess i dont really care about lack of feedback, i really liked the motion controls in twilight princess. the throwing the axe seemed cool but hard to aim sometimes.

finished re4, that was really good in vr.

theres another sale on at the moment, will probably get samba

• 4 months later...