passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Trackmania Turbo

Hendo

Right, the in-game challenge system is ace! This is what we should use.

I've made one that's 5 tracks, the first 5 in the campaign. The times you set in the campaign don't come into it - you get a chance to train for each race, then you have to commit and you get 3 goes at each race. The challenge ends in a week and I added the 6 people that have played it on my friends list, all from here. You should see it on "buddy challenges" at the bottom of the campaign list.

It's pretty neat - you can use your own tracks if you like, as little as one and as many as ten. Set the time for the challenge to end when you want. Turn on or off the ability to train for the races. I presume it will add all your times for the tracks together and the fastest overall player will be the winner.

Edit: there's a ton of things we could do with this.

You can use your own tracks, or more interestingly, use the random generator.

Whoever sets the challenge will have to play the tracks to validate them, but it could be cool to have each person take it in turn to make a challenge. Make some random tracks, not allow training, give a minimum amount of goes so everyone goes in blind and see what comes out.

I noticed the one I did (the bottom one) has a 1 in the rank column on the challenge selection screen.

Managed to get my time down to 32.73. Is there a way to view replays or watch ghosts? I can't see anything but when you select a track it plays your best lap before you start.

Ah, I accidentally multiplied the challenge so deleted all but one and then did a time. I figured it would delete them for everyone but maybe not.

If that's the case, delete the ones that don't have my rank on them.

Got my time down to 32.68. Think I'll probably leave my entry as that, unless some beats it.

I think this game is going to be good for weekly challenge type thing as one week you could have a rally track, the next a more F1 one and so on.

I not really played Trackmania before. I've played the DS game and alittle on PC but this is kinda my first proper one. I thinks it's good. It's F-Zero meets Ridge Racer.

I like how in the multi lap events you're coming into the next lap with more speed so it will drive differently because you're getting more height in jumps etc.

I can't possibly come close to that time, that's pretty flawless.

I think the multi-lap tracks are my least favourite for that reason. I could get an astonishing time if it was just one lap and then on the second my muscle memory screws me over.

I wanted to share this because even though I didn't beat gold, I did beat my own time and I pulled it back from what could've been a horrendous mess. I think I deserve some cake for that.

sort of wanted to leave this for a bit because of controller problems which have sort of been solved, and i need to be in the right mood for repeating stuff over and over like this, but it looks cool and I didn't want to miss out so got it now.

the 5x challenges from Hendo - Jimbo and Duck have done one of them, Hendo has done a different one (maybe 2?), and there's a few with no entries, I don't know which one to try!

I made a bit of a mess of the challenges, delete the ones with no times on. The only one I have is the one I put a time on.

Might have to start again with a new one.

I'd like to do some random generated tracks with a one shot go, no training or anything either.

It all works pretty well but when I deleted the extra ones I made by mistake it only deleted them from my list.

As you all know, I've been a Trackmania player for many years. I've been part of a few racing clans, and even ranked in the top 100 UK drivers on Trackmania United Forever. I'll be picking it up on Xbox One this weekend. This is a bit of a gamble for me, as my old online clan members are either not getting it, or getting the PC version. Hopefully the online community for this game is OK, as online is where the fun is with Trackmania.

Edit: I've just been naughty and ordered it from Argos using my store card. I should get it in three working days.

BTW I'm a hell of a track designer, and I'll be working on transferring my old Trackmania United tracks onto the new game soon. I'll post here when they're uploaded.

What Hendo said. It's a good racer.

The Trials like instant retry has brought some sort of OCD out that I never knew I had :lol: because I HAVE to beat everyone's ghost before I can more on. I must of played #28 about 100 times yesterday trying to beat Jim's ghost. My car would always lock on the dirt or get stuck on the rollercoaster or get fucked over by the pushing arrows at the end. I did it, but yeah, probably about a 100 attempts..

Changing to a new event always to fucks with my head too and takes a while to adjust. I think I'm best with the nascar type car which is more drifty. The buggy which I think Jim seems to be good at has a lot of grip and can turn tight corners easily. The F1 car which Hendo is getting good times in handles a lot different again where I found slowing down to go faster is probably the trick. It feels almost like a total different game when you change over.

Yeah I'm the same. Just trying to get at least bronze to get all the tracks open, then I'll go back and make sure I get silver and then attempt gold. There's only me and you up there at the moment.

Some of the tracks are completely insane.