passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze

illdog

yeah, I did it in 2 minutes 6 seconds

Always one step ahead. :fist:

Check the leaderboards Lakitu.

Ive come to the conclusion the boss battles suck. They take 9 hits and if you die on the 7th or 8th hit you've got some boring shit to sit through again. The 2nd level boss killed me about four times when i was one or two hits away from killing him.

I also cant stand Diddy Kong, he feel feeble compared to Dixie and especially Cranky. He fucks up my ability to head bounce too.

But but but... this is again a fine example of platforming. I have issues with the controls and certain aspects of the game but it manages to shine despite.

The third world was pretty awesome, Bright Savannah I think its called. Its all African and that, lovely music (again) and fires and winds and a bloody rocket barrel level reared it's head but it wasn't too bad. Boss fight was a pain ass as always but quite original.

There are levels with alternative exits, i've found two so far but I haven't really looked for them, the two i've discovered weren't brilliantly hidden. I'm just getting through the game this run through, not trying to explore every nook and cranny as I just want to see what it has to offer. But its not like I'm speed running through either, I do make an effort to try for the KONG letters but I dont repeat the level if I miss one. Not collecting everything doesn't feel like the cop out it does in Super Mario 3D World, just getting through the levels in DKCTF can be challenge enough for me, Mario 3D needed the stars to make up the difficulty imo.

Shit an actual donkey out of my cock, this game is as tough as a frozen boner. The 4th area is an underwater themed fuckathon which I didn't much enjoy, I pretty much just bezzed through the levels cursing as I went. The boss is actually the easiest one yet once you know his pattern but he was still a cunt.

I expected the next area to be an industrial theme but they made a toxic jungle instead. It's fucking hard.

This game is AMAZEBALLS, utterly loving it and then hating it as it repeatedly kicks me in the balls as I fight through a level.

I'm on the 4th world too, just done the 'octo' level which created maximum anger and then super elation as I moved to the next.

I then had to turn it off through frustration.

Great variety, I'd score this very highly indeed.

Ooof, the boss of World 5 is an ass. You just have to know exactly what you are doing at all times with these bosses and stay on your game.

I was running pretty low on lives so I went back to the first area to gather some up. This game is so much more fun to play in the early levels. I found an alternate route and a load of puzzle pieces that I missed. I only did three levels and went form 5 lives to 27.

World 6 then. Ooof.

I am still loving this game, it really isn't ever unfair, you just have to figure it out on occasion.

This morning I moved to the 6th world (hope it isn't the last?). Nearly did boss 5 on my first go but ended up taking 6 attempts, messed up the same bit over and over, easy when you know how and have a bit of dexterity. Does take some time to get used to how DK controls though.

There was a slightly different mine cart level on one of the worlds, maybe 4? That was ace, love those levels.

Still at 99 lives although going back is a nice idea, I really don't want this game to end, it is absolutely brilliant! Only found one of the alternative routes so far, very well hidden.

Your on 99 lives? You must be aces at this game.

To be honest, I was gonna ask you how you lost all your lives before because I think it's really easy to get loads of lives. I wonder why they're even there and the just get rid of the idea since they are so common.

You've got Diddy's power which turns all enemies on screen into balloons, you can buy them from the shop cheaply and they're just pretty easy to get in game with getting 100 bananas and stuff.

I also mostly have 99 lives but only take a bit of a hit during the K levels, but I soon get them back.

Get with it, ill. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Hey... I've not bought lives from the shop either, or used Diddy's power much, but I know they're there for when shit gets real (and shit is getting real now since I'm on world 5 and mostly getting everything as I go).

Though I'd spend those coins as you can only carry 999. I've spent loads on the gunball machine at the shop that spits out Smash Brothers style trophy/figurine things because why not. And I do buy parrots quite regularly to help with some of those puzzle pieces as some are really well hidden and without that parrot I'd never have found them.

I was on world 4 so I've just started 5, my bad. 5.1 was epically tricky, can't help but shout at the TV with a grin on my face too.

5.2 here I come...

Will pop into the next shop I see to find out what it's all about!