passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Comic Book Thread

hinn888

On 18/06/2019 at 16:49, regemond said:

One of the rumours potentially reveals it in the above spoiler tag. Just didn't want to throw it out there in case anyone wanted to be surprised.

If that's true this would be the first Spider-Man comic I'd buy in over 20 years.

"The story shows Peter Parker in a way you haven't seen him before," J.J. Abrams teased.

It could be interesting. In the same way Joss Whedon's run on X-Men was probably the best X-Book in 20+ years.

Variant cover for Silver Surfer: Black #2

D919jxzXUAAw96L.jpg

I’ve got #1 sitting on the table with just an overwhelming stack of comics I should be reading. If only I could pull myself away from the video games ?

1 hour ago, Maf said:

Yep, absolutely. It is one of the reasons why when people ask for recommendations on where/what to start reading in X-Men, you don't say 'the whole thing'. The best you can do is recommend runs. Hopefully those aren't ones that contradict each other either.

The Omega Level thing has always been BS. Different writers coming in at different times, stating this character or that one is Omega Level. Storm is a great example of that. It got to such a stage they had to introduce "Beyond Omega Level" as a tier group above that. Which in turn opened up the flood gates for every subsequent threat brought in, to be Beyond Omega too ?

the-walking-dead-193_acc420ad46.jpg

A cover that really doesn't betray "FINAL ISSUE".

I'm only upto volume 11 of the HC collection, as I trailed off to other things. Now it is finished, I'll see how far behind I was. 

So I took the plunge and pre-ordered both of these. X-Men has been in the crapper for so long. This looks like a serious reboot and that can only be a good thing at this point.

Oh yesss ?

marzomsp2019001_dc11.jpg

When Galactus’ corpse appears at the edge of Earth’s solar system, the Avengers, X-Men, and Fantastic Four investigate. Too late, they discover that Galactus’ body is now the vessel of an interstellar terror, which one-by-one transforms Earth’s Mightiest Heroes into the universe’s most terrifying predators! As our heroes try to escape the super-powered, cannibalistic aberrations that were once their friends and family, will any survive? And even if they do, can they hope to protect Earth from the infestation that has already claimed half of the known universe?

Filling the void left by Walking Dead and sticking it to DC for DCeased, Marvel Zombies Respawn launches in October.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/07/16/marvel-zombies-respawn-in-october-from-phillip-kennedy-johnson-and-leonard-kirk/?utm_medium=ppc&utm_source=onesignal&utm_campaign=general&utm_content=PN