passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Comic Book Thread

hinn888

House of X will see Charles Xavier unveil "his master plan for mutantkind…one that will bring mutants out of the shadow of mankind and into the light once more." Powers of X will pull back the curtain on "the secret past, present, and future of mutantkind, changing the way you look at every X-Men story before and after." Along with the description also comes the covers to July's House of X #1 and Powers of X #1, by Pepe Larraz and R.B. Silva, respectively

HOUSEOFX2019001-DC11.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w

POWEROFX2019001-DC11.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w

Spoiler

517zz1q5PVL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Flash #61 variant

tumblr_plrkv3VYbV1syvn07_540.jpg

Flash #69 variant

STL117506?type=1

Flash #70

MAR190511.jpg

Flash #70 variant

STL117508?type=1

Flash #71

derrick-chew-flash71-lrf01.jpg?155178094

Flash #71 variant

D19OYyaWoAE1NJi.jpg

Flash #72 variant

I know I shouldn’t but I can’t help it, I need all of these covers

5 hours ago, Maf said:

@OCH This morning I was looking up omega level mutants 1) Why is Magneto not on the list and 2) Who is the winner in a 3 way fight between Legion, Proteus and Franklin Richards?

1)To be an Omega Level Mutant you need to powerful enough to affect the fundamentals of reality itself, one way or another. Magneto is an Alpha Level Mutant. Powerful as he is, he has limitations to his powers.

2)

- Proteus is an Omega Level reality warper. That's what he can do. The ability to shape the world around him like clay.

On the other hand, Legion and Franklin Richards have reality warping, as well as a ton of other powers. Both literally have the power to do anything and everything.

- Franklin's weakness is a lack of understanding as to the extent of his powers, due to his age.

- Legion's weakness is mental instability. The fact that his mental illness has assigned a personality to every power that he has and continues to generate new ones, could give him the win or loss depending on the personality that assumes control.

Franklin and Legion are essentially order and chaos. So it comes down to a two-way draw, in my opinion. Meanwhile, whatever world they were fighting on, would be annihilated in the crossfire.

Some of my favourite Superman pages because I’m bored

Spoiler

gxw214kElLQONamVCRUTzG_3uVK4FRiqHpYDdcTS

xX78-RqO2spkUTNCv_lhwGUSX7e0z2b6m09WiLml

ZTExHex07gtxZl-kYQ7wrvCzjHWIKsXw9Jp0Yif6

wQyUEMCEzCH__BqkIQ24JbBpNBCSRMJflk40XHtj

hn9jKIdmq2T-s9D1l9WJ3x19FWdW8dzto36MSaHj

“At least I’ve accepted my life! At least I’m not zipping around in my underwear waiting for mummy and daddy to drop down in a UFO and pick me up!” ?

Continuing to catch up on the current Avengers comic (Which I can’t make my mind up on. All the issues where not a lot happens I like but when they go on Adventures I find them pretty lame) 

But in #12 Black Panther, who is now head of the Avengers (Guess that’s what you get when your film makes a billion dollars) has recruited a small team to be “Agents of Wakanda”. And their job is to gather intel, provide tech support, do stealth missions and pretty much all the stuff the Avengers team wouldn’t be any good at. And it’s a weird mix of characters:

Okoye (Again, billion dollars)

Wasp (In the Iron Man comic her and Tony are fucking so why she is put on the main team who knows)

Man-Wolf (Where has this guy been? Last I heard of him he was fucking She-Hulk)

Gorilla-Man (Who?)

Roz Solomon (Yay, I came around on this character)

Dr Nemesis (Think I saw him in an X-Men comic one time)

Fat Cobra (Again, who?)

American Eagle (‘’)

Ka-Zar (He is written so un-Ka-Zar like in this)

Broo (Beats me, dude)

It’s a such an odd mix of characters that I would actually like to see more of them. I hope they weren’t just in this one issue and then are never to be heard of again. 

Also Odin is acting as an advisor to Black Panther which, I’m behind on the Thor comic, but I could never imagine Odin being out right helpful or would allow BP to be sarcastic to him like he is here, which is really odd because Jason Aaron is writing both this and Thor. 

I don’t know. I continue to feel like the Avengers comic is the anti Justice League right now. Where the JL feels like it’s trying super hard to be a classic and be meaningful, Avengers feels fun but as popcorn and as disposable as it comes

We did learn Thor hates French Toast, though, so that’s something, I guess 

t5h49ypzn7n11.jpg

Got Marvel unlimited because I was fucking jonesing to read comics and hates pinching them off internet. Loving it so far been reading hours of comics, just finished secret wars 2015 yesterday and that was pretty decent. There is an estimated 25000 comics on it so should keep me going for a bit. 

1 hour ago, Maf said:

But in #12 Black Panther, who is now head of the Avengers (Guess that’s what you get when your film makes a billion dollars) has recruited a small team to be “Agents of Wakanda”. And their job is to gather intel, provide tech support, do stealth missions and pretty much all the stuff the Avengers team wouldn’t be any good at.

They already did that too...

Secret_Avengers_Volume_1_Mission_to_Mars

With a much better roster. I really don't rate Jason Aaron at all.

The pandering to the Movies thing is so short sighted and creatively bankrupt, it is unreal. You don't change your source material to match an adaptation, no matter how much money it makes. You didn't see DC making Batman look like Michael Keaton with the success of the Burton Movies, nor Christian Bale when TDK made a billion. Wolverine also didn't grow an extra foot or so to match Hugh Jackman when X-Men 1 became the fourth highest grossing film of all time in 2000. Spider-Man is there too, of course..

All hail the House of Mouse?

@OCH Well, in #12 they did also add Blade to the Avengers team. They’ve also got a new base in the North Pole inside a dead Celestial. So even though there are some obvious shifting for it to be for familiar to the films, it is not like for like neither does it feel like it’s actively chasing them. 

I don’t even really have a problem with it, I just wish it was better. It’s not bad it’s just a big yawn a lot of the time. 

1 hour ago, Sambob said:

Got Marvel unlimited because I was fucking jonesing to read comics and hates pinching them off internet. Loving it so far been reading hours of comics, just finished secret wars 2015 yesterday and that was pretty decent. There is an estimated 25000 comics on it so should keep me going for a bit. 

Nice, Secret Wars is amazing. What other stuff on there are you reading? How current is their selection? I’ve never tried it so I don’t know

56 minutes ago, Maf said:

Nice, Secret Wars is amazing. What other stuff on there are you reading? How current is their selection? I’ve never tried it so I don’t know

I dont know to be honest, from what I can gather they generally add stuff that has been published for 6 months. I enjoyed secret wars, I like when they do stuff that allows them to be a bit different, like that one where it was set in like the 1400s* or something. I read civil war 2 as well the other day, its not bad, it doesnt compare to Civil war, but I hold that event in pretty high esteem, I remember it capturing my imagination so well at the time of reading it. To this day one of my favourite panels is Mr Fantastic marvelling at how amazing Spider-Man is as he takes out half the Marvel universe basically, in fact its probably my favourite bar none.

EDIT: *I was referring to Marvel 1602

?

Blackest Night was good enough as a DC equivalent. Marvel Zombies was entertaining, for the first four to five volumes. Then they ruined it, as they typically do, when you keep horror series going too long (EG Hellraiser 9/Revelations)

Just quick I discovered this comic book YT channel a couple of months or so ago which is really awesome. The guy just does fairly extensive analysis of different comic books or sometimes different comic book runs and they’re all really great.

He just put out a new one today on my favourite Thor story of all time

Thor: The God of Thunder - The God Butcher