hinn888

One for you @MafWhich do you prefer? the depiction of Hobgoblin in Spider-Man:

ASM238_08-e1373483456870.jpg

ASM #238 (John Romita)

OR 

His depiction in Ghost Rider:

Hobgoblin.jpg

GR #16 (Mark Texeira)

Out of those 2 I prefer the original. Having said that, I haven’t read many comics with Hobgoblin. Most of the ones I read were newer and drawn by Humberto Ramos

3679.jpg

This one was Ben Urich’s nephew and a loser. So they did a neat parallel between him having an Uncle Ben and Peter having an Uncle Ben and mirroring their lives and such. I like this design. Except one of he’s powers is a ‘Goblin Laugh’ like a sonic attack and it’s like what

I suppose ‘my’ Hobgoblin is the one from the 90’s cartoon 

I like how they never entirely depict him as a "normal" person in a suit. They always lean more into his mask being his actual face. I do think of 90's Hobgoblin, as my go-to also. Has he been in a series since??

That said, Mark Texeira has a very distinctive style. His Wolverine for example:

F0J8TfzaUAEOHPd.jpg:large

He is most known for Ghost Rider though:

Ghost_Rider_1990_0016-interior-19.jpg

It isn't from an issue. I think, as far as I can gather, it's a homage to their classic fight in Uncanny X-Men #218

b09248749902e8443b44bd55bb5bf536.jpg

If anyone is wondering from this image, does Rogue win this fight? Absolutely not.

I’ve got that comic in tpb. After I finish my X-Men stuff I’ll read it. I’ve had it for a couple of years but never got round to it

IMG_0631.jpeg

IMG_0632.jpeg

s-l1200.webp

There was only 51 issues of these... I really wish I'd kept my copies now...🥲

I only really got them for Zoids, there was supposed to be a biweekly (or monthly?) Zoids comic released when this was canned but it never happened... I was wounded.