passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Comic Book Thread

hinn888

I've been reading Marauders #1 & #2 today and it has a really interesting anime/kids cartoon art style. It's actually a bit overwhelming on certain pages and I can't tell what's happening but I do like the look of it all the same. 

dKcgGLvQiuT6oGr76EIdvwkVZtOh_GIH_DnFRf3M

Spoiler

uJHkaJcZUEYuraGONqwad8kCQXKWX1xMHooR56Mf

gIBnPOkkosryqW2cD25XfLC81hWfFqGyPyVj4tMt

Now as for the story 😄

There are retcons and liberties taken all over the place but it's fine. I'm actually enjoying it but some of it you just have to accept and be like "uh-huh". 

For Superman Day today

I dunno why I never watched this when I was a kid. Great theme song, awesome animation, some of the clips I've seen on YT make it look really fun. 

It just took me a long time to 'get' Superman. It's a character that on the surface is really plain and 2D but once it clicks it's like oh, he's actually one of the most interesting comic characters. Absolute power, absolutely uncorrupted. It's interesting to me how he is always supposed to be so good all the time. That's the most impossible and most feel good thing about the character.

That and he's legendary status. The superhero's superhero. 

Earth's Greatest Champion

FVEvr0cXoAAXVvN?format=jpg&name=900x900

On 12/06/2022 at 23:17, Maf said:

Earth's Greatest Champion

Should have really seen this sooner IE Sunday. But this is one of my favourites. An upcoming Action Comics variant cover by Steve Beach:

96e5b1352a7d23d7dd2a83c2e7cb6ce6d98ac3e8 

I was talking to someone not too long ago about the long lost 90's line -Amalgam. For the uninitiated, the universes of Marvel and DC were merged and new fused characters were created in their wake. Now, with Disney at the helm, that will likely never happen again. But some of the designs were fun and worth remembering...

Spoiler

tumblr_ow8ia5RoEg1urhzu9o2_r1_540.jpg

tumblr_ow8idoKaMS1urhzu9o2_r1_540.jpg

tumblr_ow7ipcFQSZ1urhzu9o2_r1_540.jpg

tumblr_ow7id6mv5T1urhzu9o2_r1_540.jpg

tumblr_ow7ij26uuI1urhzu9o2_r1_540.jpg

tumblr_ow7gjvE8121urhzu9o2_r1_540.jpg

tumblr_ow7fvsaccq1urhzu9o2_r1_540.jpg

tumblr_ow8irliyep1urhzu9o2_r1_540.jpg

Took me a second to realise Speed Demon was Flash x Ghost Rider. I thought it was just the Spider-Man bad guy Speed Demon crossed over with a DC character with a skull face.

The only good one there is Wonder Woman x Storm. The rest are bad. The Robin x Jubilee one is embarrassing (and basically looks like Robin from TDKR anyway. I forget her name off the top)

I think Amalgam is where it belongs honestly 

23 minutes ago, Maf said:

Took me a second to realise Speed Demon was Flash x Ghost Rider.

His name was Blaze Allen, FYI. I thought you might like the Spider-Man X Superboy one.

Dark Claw (Logan Wayne), the Batman x Wolverine was the fan favourite (shocking to no one). So much so, it even received a second version: 

Spoiler

Amalgam-Comics-Dark-Claw-Adventures-1.jp

You're thinking of Carrie Johnson, from TDKR.

These were the most obvious ones I could remember. There were plenty of others, Generation Hex, Iron Lantern, Lobo The Duck, Silver Racer etc Certainly not really the ones I was reading, at the time...

Spoiler

sb.gif

amalgam-comics-x-patrol-1-1996.jpg

jlx_1vf.jpg

^ Oh and you did read that right. Lobo The Duck. Lobo X Howard The Duck...

Spoiler

582767.jpg

One of the weirder and more memorable of the Amalgam line.

I need to add a note here about Amalgam Comics. They were only ever a range of single stand alone issues. Twenty two of them. They were also tie-ins to an event comic: Marvel Vs. DC. Lastly, all 22 books take place between issues 3 and 4 of that event. It never went further than that.

The villain of Black Panther 2 has been confirmed as Namor. He isn't however, going to be an Atlantean Ruler. I imagine because Aquaman exists within the public consciousness now. So I've had people ask me what sets him apart from Arthur Curry? In a word: Arrogance. His defining characteristic. Consistent since his 1940's debut:

f8470522b6af02f6beb8843b3913098846a264f5

3327115c0e8ce2b10465964fef0ceefdb327c2e2

Marvel Mystery Comics #7 - “Prince Namor, the Sub-Mariner” (1940)

I think the next issue is the final issue of the Reckoning War and I’ve really enjoyed this. Dan Slott has done a really great job at capturing a classic Stan Lee-esq voice for the characters and story, while taking classic Marvel history and expanding it and adding to it in ways that work. How the Watchers work, a origin story for the Ultimate Nullifier, bringing Nick Fury back in a way that makes sense. 

This fight with Ben and Sue was great as well. 

4TCw3m3mfARovNhV52LpzBrIUAdYhnFvdJF319cr

Lmxa9yHXzyj9odbBlO0tDb_Zj1XWZnQFwiD-OlRX