passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Grand Theft Auto V

Jimboxy

Jim needs to get on his feet before heisting. His stats are flat so he's going to suffer by not being able to shot, drive, fly and sneak as good as the other 2 or 3. He needs to time under him before he goes into doing the heists.

Saying that, he's still better than our original fourth man. :lol:

Don't forget that he can only buy light armour as it stands. He will not be able to stack armour for easy replacement either. His best bet is to do the contact missions until he unlocks his daily objectives, then start hammering them while completing the contact missions as they unlock. That'l help him unlock various perks, weapons and also get him on the property ladder and get some selection of wheels under him.

Hendo is probably a better choice for a fourth man currently. He won't be able to lynchpin the more serious roles in the heists, but he's perfectly capable and equipped to support the people that can. He's got a bit of an arsenal under him and he has a tuned sports car at his disposal. Plus his stats are higher overall.

People need to get on and help Jim grow, help him buy property and get him a decent car/s. We spent a while looking for a Sultan last night to see him for his first car but I couldn't get one to spawn unfortunately.

Troma is about, although I couldn't certify his interest in coming back for more since he's currently balls deep in Xenoblade.

EDIT: I just realised he could buy the Elegy which is free to social club members, He needs a garage to have it delivered to so the helping him out earn still stands.

They've added hella content since the lowriders. They've added a TVR Sagaris lookalike. I'm having one of those eventually.

There's also...

• An armoured limo with a turret on it.
  • Various armoured version of executive cars, some of which return from GTAIV.
  • An old Mustang rip off which looks nice.
  • An AC Cobra 427 which looks like sex.
  • A muscle car that used to be in GTAIV that also looks quite nice.
  • You can choose themes for your apartments.
  • Fucking yachts. The cheapest is 6 million and the most expensive is 8 million. It looks like they come with boats and choppers and can be used as a safehouse. Whichever way you look at it, it's an expensive purchase.
  • You can now own 5 properties. Not sure if that includes the yacht.

I doubt i'll ever own the yacht, even the cheapest one is loads of money. You can also hire staff as well by starting an organisation, but I don't really see the point of that for what we do.

I've done a bit of reading up and it appears that Organisation thing would benefit lower players if rich players are willing to bankroll a session.

• VIP has to have a million dollars to become VIP.
  • An Organisation can employ 3 people.
  • Staff earn $5000 every 15 minutes and 1000rp for every minute they are near their VIP. However, any money they earn whilst on the clock goes to the VIP.
  • There's various jobs the VIP can kick off to earn money, these all work in freemode from what I can see and work like mini missions.

Pretty beneficial to the guys on the clock. I'm not sure of the benefits for the guy bankrolling the whole thing though, unless the people work their arses off knocking stores over in between the VIP events. I can imagine you have to work pretty hard to make the VIP money, so why would you do that? If you're working your arse off you want the money, lining someone else's pockets seems a bit counter intuitive, unless them $5000 per 15 minutes are magically coming out of thin air.

You'll just have to be some sort of twisted philanthropist. I'm up for any GTA activity. If it boosts Jimbo and earns me some cash I'm happy. Otherwise let's get people up to speed for doing the heists and get some decent objectives and cash that way.

It's probably a good idea to take the VIP thing in turns, since you can only be VIP every 12 hours.

It looks like we're getting Lowrider ptII soon with some rumours that there's something to do with Liberty City and club interiors lined up for the update after. It totally wouldn't surpse me if they bring all the obvious lowrider type cars into Benny's repertoire along with older cars like the Hermes and Thunderod, sort of like how they added new cars to the first lowrider update.

Can you imagine a GTA game with every single district in? That's up there on my gaming dreams along with an Elders Scrolls game with the whole of Tamriel being explorable.

Played some heists with randoms today. All bar two missions went tits up through to being being retarded as fuck, when you complain about your video games being dumbed down it's because of these very people that.

The mission where you have to assault the yacht to take the drugs? The chopper pilot managed to keep the helicopter in one piece which meant that escape was going to be a piece of cake. Except when it come to escape a noob took the controls and smashed it into the ocean, fucking idiot.

The setup where you have to take pictures of the Post-Op vans. I had a guy in with me that decided I was just a chauffeur and he didn't have to do anything at all, so the other team ended up doing most of the leg work until my guy got out the car and threw a grenade for no apparent reason... Of course this failed the mission.

The setup where you have to steal the prison transfer documents and the Casco sports car from the docks. Me and the host (who spent all his time smack talking in russian like a complete imbecile) were on the police side of the mission, but for some reason he spent his time driving us around on a bike, I thought his intentions were to go help fight the thugs to get the Casco, but eventually he kamikazed into a bridge and quit. Prick.

Same set up but another group and I was on the Casco team, the guy with me wouldn't stop firing his gun so we got stuck in a 'lose the cops' furrow that I'd get rid of and then he'd instantly get back by shooting at the pursuing thugs. Luckily I managed to finish that one, but to be honest he was fucking useless. If I could I'd have left him at the docks, it'd have been much easier as you can leave everyone for dust in the Casco.

So yeah, the randoms in the heists are complete and utter morons. Just when you think the bar can't get any lower for the skill of the people playing you meet someone that manages to plumb new depths. Like I met a level 700+ that didn't have flying maxed out. How is that even possible? If you've played for that long just using air vehicles to taxi you about will have filled that out. Fuck. Just awful.

Dude, you're a God among men when you're compared to them. Fucking hell. I don't understand how you can get someone like that kid that had palsy so bad he has to play Destiny with the controller flat on the floor, but he can still 2 man a raid without any deaths, yet the people that are doing heists on this can't even coordinate enough to drive in a straight line without wrapping their car around a telegraph pole. I honestly don't understand it. I'm bewildered by it. Even at my worst I'd have to go out of my way to be as shit as a lot of the people I've played with today.