passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Grand Theft Auto V

Jimboxy

I'll probably play a hole of golf a day now to level that strength skill up. Really anything physical should build strength. Stuff like climbing or fighting anyone that squares up to you should add to it. It's like lung capacity, why the hell do you need to swim and only swim to build that up? Everything else has multiple things to do to level up a stat if it's not vehicle based. R* goofed on the levelling up when you look at it.

It's only 60 seconds and it announces to the whole lobby you're off the radar. In that time you have to get close to the mark and do what ever you're planning on doing, it's not really a lot of time, you might as well just bike up to the target and unload a double barrel in his head, it's a lot quicker and it's not really something you can defend against without putting yourself at risk.

To be honest I think the whole radar thing could do with going over again. The way it works now you don't get any peace. It'd be much better if they changed it so that only crew members friends could see where you were if you opted in. That way if you're going about your own business you can. Like when you're in a deathmatch if someone doesn't have a visual on you you don't show on the map unless you end up being a power player.

And while we're talking about things that could benefit the game, make it so that clicking the stick in while aiming down the sights puts a marker over targets heads. Click once for a general mark. Click twice to say you're taking care of it. Done. It'd save a lot of confusion for whom is targeting what when there's loads of enemies on screen that need to be pinned down.

GTAV is a great game, but there's a lot wrong with it as well. The bigger a game is the more flaws it's bound to have.

Well, while you're all having your online fun, I'm still plugging away at the campaign.

Trevor has gone off because he's finally found out where Brad is staying these days.

I think I must be somewhere near the end but you never know.

I'll probably play a hole of golf a day now to level that strength skill up. Really anything physical should build strength. Stuff like climbing or fighting anyone that squares up to you should add to it. It's like lung capacity, why the hell do you need to swim and only swim to build that up? Everything else has multiple things to do to level up a stat if it's not vehicle based. R* goofed on the levelling up when you look at it.

It's only 60 seconds and it announces to the whole lobby you're off the radar. In that time you have to get close to the mark and do what ever you're planning on doing, it's not really a lot of time, you might as well just bike up to the target and unload a double barrel in his head, it's a lot quicker and it's not really something you can defend against without putting yourself at risk.

To be honest I think the whole radar thing could do with going over again. The way it works now you don't get any peace. It'd be much better if they changed it so that only crew members friends could see where you were if you opted in. That way if you're going about your own business you can. Like when you're in a deathmatch if someone doesn't have a visual on you you don't show on the map unless you end up being a power player.

And while we're talking about things that could benefit the game, make it so that clicking the stick in while aiming down the sights puts a marker over targets heads. Click once for a general mark. Click twice to say you're taking care of it. Done. It'd save a lot of confusion for whom is targeting what when there's loads of enemies on screen that need to be pinned down.

GTAV is a great game, but there's a lot wrong with it as well. The bigger a game is the more flaws it's bound to have.

well.

if I see you on, and I'm on, I'm up for a "punchy" lobby to boost up the strength stats.

I don't think you get in trouble with the cops if you're punching other players, I could log in and leave myself idle for a while.

It's dead easy. At the west end of the boulevard where the road splits off to go up to Eclipse Towers on the block that has the Liquor Hole shop. There's 2 different Sentinels that spawn there in traffic. One is yellow and the other is blue. You drive around the block until one of these cars spawn and then stash it or sell it. The blue one sells for $17420 and the yellow sells for $13000+ (I damaged this one so don't know a full number). It took two days in game for me to fill my garage. The only downside is that you have a limited window to pick them up, they only spawn when it's dark and I could only seem to spawn one approximately 1 in 5 drive by's. Sometimes it was a little bit more, sometimes I'd get 2 or 3 within 5 drives, sometimes I'd drive 9 or 10 times before spawning one.

It's miles easier than spawning Dubsta 2's or going out into the sticks to spawn a Sandking. This is actually something you can do in the city on downtime that's actually not a chore. The best thing is that you don't need a particular car to spawn them in like the other cars I mention. I started in a Sandking XL, the went on to spawn more cars in a Dominator, a Felon, a Baller and a Sultan. It doesn't seem to be vehicle specific so just drive whatever you normally drive and they'll show up eventually. Buy Eclipse Towers or Tinsel Towers and you'll have a nice place to stash them that's close by so you can go back to Sentinel hunting.

Until Troma knifes you in the back

Shocking accusation. I never knife anybody in the back.

I got you right in the gut, looked you straight in the eye whilst I was doing it too.

Really sorry about last night guys. Fucking Richard Branson and his shitty media company. They seem to have fixed it now.

I got my 500k bonus for doing another months worth of dailies today. I think my next one drops on 2nd December if I can be bothered to keep doing it. I'll probably see how I feel as I carry on doing them, it's not like I'm exactly poor as it is so I might knock it on the head at some point.

• 1 month later...

Had a bit of a revisit on this since Jimbo has it. After tolerating the vehicles in Just Cause 3, swapping back to Los Santos from Medici's handling model is like going from riding a bike with a buckled wheel to driving a Rolls Royce. GTAV has set the goalposts so high that really the only game I can see bettering the vehicle handling is GTAVI. It's fantastically robust and each set of wheels feels great to drive in its own way.