passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Grand Theft Auto V

Jimboxy

Working fine here, unlocked the level 25 trophy last night no issues at all.

I have discovered a glitch though, one that costs you a lot of money if it happens.

If you happen to cross a gang warfare zone while in a car Simeon want it overrides your objective and scraps the Simeon one. Not cool when you've just spent the thick end of $1k repairing and respraying to get no return on it. It becomes a useless car because you can't sell it and you can't store it.

If I'd have dunked my Banshee it'd have cost me 10 times that. $150 to get it back even though mine is modded to fuck is a boon. It cost more for a few magazines of ammo than it did to get my car back. Disposable as fuck, I don't even care if it gets blown up on jobs for that price. I think that's why it should be our gang car, you get the most bang for your buck with it. Unfortunately I can't give you the ones I stowed away because they're classed as my vehicles even though I've not added anything to them. It took us forever to find one for Andy tonight, it'll be a case of keeping your eyes open for one as they're kind of rare unless you luck out and end up finding a carpark full of them.

Awesome mission we did where we had to steal that chopper, me slamming it into the landing pad and then both of us hanging on for daylife as guys piled in from all angles supported by a chopper that chased me from the original point. Ended the mission with an awesome sniper shot that ragged the chopper pilot right out of his seat and to his death. :D

I'm about halfway to getting my supercar now. Hopefully that doesn't end up in the drink because paying $60k to get it back would blow a donkey.

Looking forward to tomorrows session, we should be able to make some bank if we hammer the missions, I'm getting to the point where I've got as much firepower as Nag so it should make those harder shooting missions a bit easier. Plus I want to see Nag grind his way up to getting his attack helicopter and razing the fuck out of anything that gives us trouble

Yeah that chopper mission was tense as fuck towards the end. Seeing one guy ragdoll out the chopper as you shot him was funny enough. Seeing the chopper do likewise several minutes later was equally amusing.

As was the high speed chase from some cops where we inexplicably saw a cop car stuck upside down.

I've gone from "not sure I like this" to bloody loving it. Think the problem on PS3 was I never played with mates. I pretty much only did the races, the Jobs quickly became impossible if you were trying to do them alone. Got myself a decent ammount of guns now, once I've levelled up enough for a Sniper Rifle and Sticky Bombs I'll be pretty much ready for anything.

And playing with Sly is always good for a laugh. From getting me a bitching car, to showing me how to rip-off an armoured truck. Brilliant.

Going back to my expensive house problem.

if you're hoping ot do any of the upcoming heists, you'll need one of the luxury apartments (and also a fuckton of cash upfront to fund the job)

There's also the fact that, as sly pointed out, there are some vehicles that are just more useful than others, a decent 4 door SUV for example is very handy if a group of you are planning to roll up anywhere. Don't forget that you can drive any vehicle you've just looted into your garage and keep it there, why bother paying out insurance on your expensive cars, just walk into a classy part of vinewood and fill your garage with super cars FOR FREE, you mechanic will even drop them off for you if you give him a quick call.

Mic comms are a little tough for me at the moment, but I need ot make more of an effort to get myself into some GTa online and earn myself some extra dollars.

EDIT:

on a side note, if you have the attack chopper and get someone in the passenger seat firing missiles, then that vehicle is a juggernaut

is that so?

I could have sworn I stole myself a porsche and it was still there later.

perhaps I'm wrong.

Either way, having a handful of fast and utility vehicles that can be dropped off to right next to you is always a plus.

EDIT,

I am totally wrong, you're not allowed to steal supercars, but there are some plenty decent enough cars that you can grab and keep.

Anything that has a tracker you're not allowed to keep. There's some pretty decent cars that you can have though. Everyone needs a Sultan, it's fast becoming my skeleton key car, it does all the jobs I need it to do while costing an absolute pittance to replace. I played a bit more last night before bed, did over a security van, ended up with 4 stars through knocking a cop down so I hotfooted down to the sea until I got a cooldown notice and then purposely jumped it into the sea. Yep, it cost me another $150 to replace, but I just made $8k and lost a 4 star wanted in one fell swoop.

The Sultan is the bic razorblade of cars.

I agree with RoboMonkey though, having 4 doors and a bit of performance under you is the best way to go, outside of timed missions where you need to be on top of the marker pronto. Having sever cars on the road of different strengths is the key to success.

I'm really looking forward to tonights session. I might just skip getting the Zentorno/Cheetah and go straight for the Buzzard as well. It's a hell of a lot of money, but I think it's a case of speculate to accumulate. I mean what chances do those lower missions have when we've got one of those. It'll be like having free money thrown at you.

I'll be on at about 7pm. I'll see you online.

True, and that's hard earned enough as it is. Unless we spend real-world Money on GTA Dollars!!!! No, hang on. We're not complete fuckwits.

Nag if my bright orange car gets trashed, I reserve the right to collapse to my knees and go "Ohhhhh my god", Final Fight style.

I might boot it up later but I have no headset with me. Was going to buy a camera for stealthy streaming fun but would probably never use it once I go home.

I do find the idea weird of booting up a GTA game for the first time and ignoring the proper game.

I'd say play the story first, as a lot of the components of the online are ripped right from it and it'd spoil the delivery and surprise of you actually unlocking them in the single player. Plus you'll be able to learn the city a bit better under your own steam, there's not much room for error in some of the online timed missions, everyone has to know exactly what they are doing.

I can see Hendo ending up with his first car being the Issi or something similarly camp, complete with the most fabulous paintjob he can afford.

Absolutely mental night on all fronts. The banter, the shooting, the hiking cross country, belly flopping out of cars, the driving and the texting.

Finished up on $600k, still a long way to go to the Buzzard. If lots of people are still playing in the near future I'll grab it, otherwise cars and houses are probably the better purchase.

Started the story. It starts a little odd - the previous games have great set-ups and background but this one just seems to push you right into people's lives with little fanfare.

I'm not keen on the driving so far but I hope that it's down to the driving stats not being high enough so far.

I like first person view for the characters but not so sure about the driving view so I think I'm sticking with the tried and tested view.

Last nights session is definitely one of the best I've had in any game, no doubt. Such a fun session, with some pretty tense action. And once Sly sent me an in-game obscene text, that was it. I spent the rest of the night pissing myself laughing, putting the obscenity filter to the test. Rimjob? Not allowed. Skidmarked undercrackers? Not allowed. Kiddy fiddler,

nonce, bum fun? All fine.

Suck my cock? Not having that.

Give us a blowie? Yep, that's going through.