passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Pokemon Rumble U

DANGERMAN

I like this, I feel like I shouldn't but I do. It's very simple 2 button, 2 move mashey combat with matches taking place in an arena. You have a team of 4 pokemon, if you are playing alone then A.I. controls the other pokemon (there's no online option)

Sometimes when you knock out a pokemon it will be added to your collection, this is how you get stronger pokemon to fight in the tougher arenas.

The nfc stuff is cool, as much as a pokemon game with plastic toy can be. You put it on the controller and spend the money you earned fighting raising its power and swapping in better moves.

The only downside is I've upset pokemon fans on the miiverse by mistaking a sheep looking pokemon for a sheep when it's actually a wingless dragon or something

You forgot to ask people to Like, Comment and Subscribe.

:lol: I was going to but I knew I was going to turn the comments off

I assume you got that video from somewhere, that accent sounds way too natural for you to be faking it the whole time...

I can't tell if you're taking the piss :(

nope, it's all very offline, which is a bit of a shame, because I think it would be fun to take your character in to matches with other people. The only thing you could trade are the figures, but apart from duplicates you've bought I'm not sure why you'd do that really

yeah, it'd be nice if they found a way to tie it in to X&Y, or at least whatever the next Rumble game ends up being. I can't say I'm too interested in Skylanders or the Disney thing, but having a little toy thing you could take around and use in other games/other peoples games is a great idea. Basically like a gamerscore or an online profile, something that shows your progress and you keep with you for a few years

I completed this tonight and I'm surprised by how much I've enjoyed it. There isn't a lot to it, certainly in terms of combat, but the challenges and pokemon collecting make it, they mean you have to use your head and some skill in the arenas. It still generally just means hitting the A button over and over, but you might also have to target certain things, protect certain things, worry about collecting money, make sure you don't destroy a certain thing, and target pokemon you want in your collection.

There's quite a bit of slowdown at points, usually when there's loads of pokemon and affects from their attacks, it doesn't happen all that often but considering what the game looks like it shouldn't happen at all, and I suspect if this was built from the ground up for the WiiU it wouldn't. The other downside are my figures, the Kyurem is so strong that there's no point using him until things get tougher or you want to rush through the game and then complain it's short. The other character I got, Deoxys, I don't like, I don't like psychic types. It kind of doesn't matter because you can swap out its moves to ones you want, but for whatever reason I don't like him and would pick other characters, I imagine this would be different if my figure had been a Turtwig/Grottle/Torterra, a Tepig, Infernape, or even Emolga

If you play it trying to beat all the challenges you can then you'll get quite a lot out of it, I've apparently spent almost 12 hours with it and will probably go back (I'm fighting the urge to buy another figure). It's a shame there isn't a bit more to it, online co-op would have been nice, maybe even a giant battle royalle with 30 players or something (although everyone would just use Kyurem

If you play it trying to beat all the challenges you can then you'll get quite a lot out of it, I've apparently spent almost 12 hours with it and will probably go back (I'm fighting the urge to buy another figure). It's a shame there isn't a bit more to it, online co-op would have been nice, maybe even a giant battle royalle with 30 players or something (although everyone would just use Kyurem

I think this is what they're banking on for this series.

Dioxys is one of the download only Pokemon isn't it, like Mew and Celebi? In the main cannon of games I mean. I was in GAME today and there was a kid asking the staff when they were getting more of the toys in, so obviously it's done better than they were expecting. I'm not sure if 'they' it levelled at Nintendo, GAME or both.

well it seems like we almost didn't get the figures at all so it might simply be down to lack of stock rather than good sales. Clearly though if they are selling out that's a good thing, they've recouped whatever it cost to make them. They could do with giving this another push when the 3DS Pokemon comes out, or nearer to christmas, letting it just wane seems like a missed opportunity

and I've no idea about pokemons outside of Black and Diamond tbh