passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 (Shh, Don't Tell Anyone I Changed the Title)

Sly Reflex

Not turn-based. It's basically Plants vs Zombies skinned into Iron Brigade.

This is the only "exclusive" Xbox One game shown so far that I'd really like to play because I love tower defense games, love more action based tower defense games and especially those in co-op. Here's hoping it comes to Steam or PS4.

http://youtu.be/jYjUrHOY7A4

EDIT: apparently will also come to 360. Phew!

High on my must play list, but I want to point out that Pop Cap has said this is not a TD game, but a pure shooter. It basically a PvZ horded mode.

There's definitely towers you place down in that gameplay demo. It might be light on tower defence but it's certainly in there!

High on my must play list, but I want to point out that Pop Cap has said this is not a TD game, but a pure shooter. It basically a PvZ horded mode.

There's definitely towers you place down in that gameplay demo. It might be light on tower defence but it's certainly in there!

I was just going by the GT interview with the director.

• 2 months later...

Watching the Gamescom video now.

You can play as the zombies, uses different classes like soldier, engineer, scientist, etc.

Due out spring next year, looks like it will be a disc game.

Xbox One has an exclusive mode that uses Kinect or Smartglass.

• 3 months later...

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare has shown up on the Korean ratings board for Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.

According to a report form gematsu, a listing for a PlayStation 4 version of the game has been rated for Korea. To be specific, ratings showed up in Korea for Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 versions of the game, the latter of which has never been confirmed or referenced.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't think always online is a big deal. It is an online shooter after all. Microtransaction for a paid retail game though is kinda shady.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8c31A3Z_Hb4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• 3 months later...