passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dragon Age: Inquisition

radiofloyd

That's why we haven't seen anything of it - BioWare has pushed Dragon Age 3 back a year from autumn 2013 to autumn 2014.

Intriguingly, this isn't to make it an exclusively next-gen game - it will still be released on PS3 and Xbox 360 as well as on PC, PS4 and Xbox One, BioWare's Christ Priestly confirmed on Twitter.

BioWare GM Aaryn Flynn said: "We're taking the time to craft a deep, captivating experience for you."

He also said things like "vast open world" and "player choice", but the real buzz came from the game's first trailer which, excitingly, featured Dragon Age 1's Morrigan at the end. Could we be playing as the Old God this time around?

Varric from Dragon Age 2 was also there, and was that Flemmeth's voice narrating?

Dragon Age 3 will be powered by Frostbite 3 and, if the trailer's anything to go by (please say it is), looks very handsome indeed.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-10-dragon-age-3-inquisition-pushed-back-to-autumn-2014-alongside-the-witcher-3

http://youtu.be/lZtOG0Epo-I

No reason why it couldn't be released on Wii U then.

So The Witcher 3, Dark Souls II and Dragon Age III all confirmed for 2014, same as 2011 when The Witcher 2, Dark Souls and Dragon Age II launched. And we know Fallout 4 and Fable 4 are in development.

• 2 months later...

http://youtu.be/NqDIKwgmOms

Watching this reminded me how much I enjoyed playing Origins. And also how no other western rpg is taking this style of approach, so I really hope Inquisition is at least a return to form (haven't played the second but I've seen the youtube videos). It would be a shame if a series with this much potential lost its way.

• 2 weeks later...
BioWare announced Dragon Age Keep today, an online tool that enables players to experiment with story scenarios from Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age 2, setting up the ideal starting state heading into Inquisition.

While choices made in Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age 2 are meant to carry over to Dragon Age: Inquisition, it hasn't been clear just how they would transfer from current-generation systems to PS4 and Xbox One.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Executive Producer Mark Darrah noted in a BioWare blog that the online solution presented by Dragon Age Keep "allows players to take their unique world state into any platform (present or future) and even other media." Darrah added that by moving the system to the cloud, the opportunity to fix issues in the plot's logic has opened up. "Under the hood, the Keep has a logic validator which ensures you'll always have a valid world state free from errors and conflicts," he said.

With regards to importing directly from previous games to Dragon Age Keep, Darrah said the team is "continuing to investigate ways in which save files from previous games could be used to populate the initial world state of the Dragon Age Keep."

BioWare is now accepting applicants for Dragon Age Keep's beta program. The app will be available in 2014, months before the game launches on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/08/28/dragon-age-keep-sets-up-your-story-choices-before-inquisition/

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
BioWare's fantasy role-playing game Dragon Age: Inquisition launches on 7th October, EA has announced.

That's a Tuesday, so may just relate to the North American release. We're chasing a European release date now.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is set for release on PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-04-22-dragon-age-inquisition-release-date-announced

• 1 month later...
ORIGINAL STORY: Microsoft has signed some sort of content deal with BioWare for Dragon Age: Inquisition.

A new trailer aired at E3 for the game announced "premiere content first on Xbox". What that is, is unclear.

The new trailer showed a varied, colourful and raucous fantasy world to explore. The fire effect hurled from a dragon's chops was fantastic.

The game's out on new-gen and old-gen consoles, as well as PC, 10th October.

UPDATE: Microsoft has clarified that the exclusive content will be the first single-player add-on for Dragon Age: Inquisition. This will arrive first on Xbox (360 and One).

UPDATE #2: EA demonstrated a High Dragon battle in Dragon Age: Inquisition live on its conference stage. The purpose was to show choice; you can either steam in and fight in real-time, swapping between characters on the fly, or you can choose a top-down tactical view and issue orders that way. We didn't see this in action.

BioWare also introduced us to a few of the new characters in your party - your inquisition.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-09-dragon-age-inquisition-premiere-content-first-on-xbox

• 3 months later...

:lol:

"shots fired" ... you do know this is not a real war, retro? Right?

People that get caught up in #resolutiongate make me laugh. It's like the only way they can enjoy their games is if its in 1080p. The resolutiongaters on N4G are the worst as it they seem to only get joy out of their games when others are miserable, so they go out of their way to troll other non-PS4 users.

Yeah, imagine wanting your games to run better :lol:

has it been posted that Dragon Age Origin is free on Origin at the minute. I never took to it at all, wanted to, but I hated the combat by the end, everyone else in the world seemed to love it though, so if you haven't played it free is free

There is one thing to have your game running at peak performance and another worrying about 900p and 1080p, something most peoples eyes can't difference between.

If that the only thing that bring joy to these people when playing games that really is fucken sad and if you have to take to forums and beat people over the head that choose the Xbox One with that fact on a daily basis then that is even sadder and would suggest putting the dualshock down and going outside for some fresh air a bit.

People that partake in #resolutiongate strike me as insecure in there purchases and actively go out of their way to make other feel miserable so they can feel joy. When all they do is make themselves look like clowns on the internet. But I'm sure you'll disagree with me. ;)

If you have both systems it's a no-brainer really. Why settle for an inferior product, however negligible the difference is?

First off the Xbox One is not an inferior product and I quite enjoy the experiences it has given me in the short time I have owned it. Second, I have both consoles. Third your eyes can't tell the difference between 1080p and 900p.

First off, I'm talking about the game being inferior. Which it is, and if you have both systems I don't see why you'd go for the lesser version. Second, you can see the difference between 900p and 1080p. When ACIV was released on PS4 it was at 900p. Ubisoft patched in the graphical upgrade to 1080p, and I genuinely could see the difference. Third, you're being very defensive here.

There is one thing to have your game running at peak performance and another worrying about 900p and 1080p, something most peoples eyes can't difference between.

If that the only thing that bring joy to these people when playing games that really is fucken sad and if you have to take to forums and beat people over the head that choose the Xbox One with that fact on a daily basis then that is even sadder and would suggest putting the dualshock down and going outside for some fresh air a bit.

People that partake in #resolutiongate strike me as insecure in there purchases and actively go out of their way to make other feel miserable so they can feel joy. When all they do is make themselves look like clowns on the internet. But I'm sure you'll disagree with me. ;)

Here's the thing, meaning no offence, the only person who comes on defending their favourite console is you. You're defending it from people who don't even post here. Case in point you seem to be having a go at me for something when I was responding to Nag about framerates