passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Borderlands 2

DANGERMAN

Is this worth a bash in single player? I grabbed it on PS Plus so it's sitting there waiting if I decide to fire it up :)

Highlighting this made me check out the UltraBrilliant youtube page - PC graphics are so superior to consoles... (at least the consoles I have yet to use)

I played through on single player, and apart from the game being too long it's fine. There are odd bits in the main game and in the dlc where the enemies suit different specs than your character (the witch doctors in the Hammerlock dlc was one for me), but it's otherwise fine on single player

That's a good point, depending on which class you play as some of it can be a right ballache in solo.

That's kind of my problem with BL2. In the original they let you get super OP no matter which class you picked. While all the classes will be fine for the vanilla part of the game, some classes really really struggle with the endgame and raids. Like I mentioned about UVHM, it's too difficult unless you use a very specific set up with certain loot, and to rub salt into the wounds you can make it harder by getting that OP mode where the mobs are something like 11 levels above you. Gearbox need to stop listening to the cunts that are shouting "It's too easy!" and look at the data of people dropping off playing because they're sick of getting bent over trying to get from area to area.

I doubt you'll get that far into the game Jon, I'm talking 100's of hours in there. Whatever you do when you get around to playing, you'll eventually see the end.

• 2 weeks later...

This game is spitting legendaries at the moment. They must have tweaked the drop rates or something, I've had more epic gear in about 90 minutes than I've had in the whole playthrough. I wouldn't mind, I can't really use it unless I start another class. It'll just sit in my vault until I get around to it.

• 1 month later...

Off screen footage at GDC in San Francisco of Borderlands 2 on PS Vita. Very poor framerate and you can see the framerate freeze ... yes freeze in this video.  

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZLwKkjvL_zA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

it's a nice idea, especially as a lot of people will have got B2 for 'free' via PS+, it means they can buy it for their vita and not lose progress.

I'll be honest though, Borderlands on a handheld doesn't sound all that appealing to me, but if it does end up running ok then at least they've made some smart decisions with it

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if it's been posted elsewhere. News of a pre-sequel for PS3,360 and PC.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-04-09-borderlands-the-pre-sequel-confirmed-for-pc-ps3-and-xbox-360

2K Games and Gearbox Software have confirmed Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. It's due out autumn 2014.

The next game in Gearbox's loot-obsessed, RPG shooter series, which was revealed earlier this week via a leak, is a standalone experience set between Borderlands 1 and Borderlands 2. It takes place on the moon and the Hyperion space station that orbit the planet of Pandora, and tells the story of the rise to power of Borderlands 2 villain Handsome Jack.

You play one of four new characters who work for Handsome Jack before he becomes CEO of Hyperion. The characters are Athena The Gladiator, who was a Crimson assassin from The Secret Armory of General Knoxx expansion to Borderlands 1; Wilhelm The Enforcer, who was the first big boss encounter in Borderlands 2; Nisha The Lawbringer, known as The Sheriff of Lynchwood in Borderlands 2; and finally, you get to play as Claptrap the Fragtrap.

More in the article. Apparently it's not being developed by Gearbox, but by 2K Australia.

Pitchford says they've sold around 150 million units across 360 and PS3? I knew it was their most successful title, but that's insane. He also says they're pretty much out of space for any more DLC in the console versions, so that's why it's a new game.

I'm still miles away from finishing BL2. I've only just got back into playing again after an unintentionally long break from it.

Edit: when i started writing this on my phone there wasn't a thread for it in News. I had to stop for a while and look like I'm working.

• 1 month later...

I've been playing this on my PS Vita and it really good. It's has some flaws, but that is to be expected from a PS3/360 game being ported to a handheld with lower specs then those home consoles. The game runs smooth,audio is crisp, has crossplay with PS3 and is BL2 on the go. There is some texture pop and mudding of textures, but again that is to be expected. I think some reviewers had their hopes to high and were let down by those high hopes.

The time spent with the game has made me a believer that Borderlands was always meant for handheld and not console. Borderlands design fits the pick up and play nature of handhelds so well. It also breaks up the repetitive feeling of the mission structure.

It's been reviewing with so-so scores, but don't let that put you off BL2 is a good game on vita. I just wish I had so co-op buddies to play with.

This morning commute on BART was awesome. You know why it was awesome? Because I was playing Borderlands 2 ..... on a train.

:lol: l00ting does make commuting better. Even better I can play BL2 when people are out of the office and I have some down time.

Anyway, I own BL2 on PC and I think I've played it more in the past few days on Vita then I have in the whole time owning it on PC. The work around for gameplay they came up with for missing two shoulder buttons is genius. left side of the touch pad = spriting, right side of the touch pad = melee and touching the grande icon on screen lobs grenades.

Even with the texture issues (It's a device less powerful then PS3 so give it a break people) I really impressed that they pulled this off.

• 4 months later...

It took forever for me to get around to, but I finished the Tiny Tina DLC the last session I had. I liked it, it was funny and did all the usual Borderlands stuff that I dig. It also made me sort of stop hating Tiny Tina. I can tolerate her now, although I'd rather she didn't show up in future games if it can be helped.

I've still got quite a bit to do, there's all the side quests I've missed and the raid bosses are there to kick my arse until I get a lucky break with them. I'm not really sure how the game will deal with the raid bosses, I'm approaching the first level cap (50) so I don't know what the deal will be if I go over that will things stay levelled with me or if I can overtake them like you can with NVHM where bosses cap out at 30ish, barring Terra who I think is at 52 whatever you do. I'm sure I can beat them whatever, it's a combination of perseverance, nice drops, a good build and be lucky enough not to be fucking nova'd to death by those cheap ass cheesy motherfuckers.

Man, the TTAODK arena thing is hard as fuck. It's full of instadeath shit. If you get too close to the edge you're gonna get pushed off to your death, no doubts about it. Randomly trapdoors appear which also give you no way out, they just send you straight to the spawn screen. Spikes come out of the floor, also randomly, they do so much damage that they often put you in FFYL, if they don't then chances are that the slowing effect they give you means that something else will. every so often a big crystal appears and you have to kill it, failing to do so fucks you up. Then there's caustic shower things. I don't mind them too much, I mean they damage you but at least it's not a case of just getting fucked just because, at least you can avoid them. The other stuff is like "Pow! Fuck you buddy!" out of nowhere. I say nowhere, they are fixtures on the floor, but you get no warning as to when they are active or not. The announcer does broadcast that they are active, but he doesn't do it before they are active, him shouting "The spikes are active!" about 10 seconds after you've had your ballsack eviscerated by a polearm that suddenly shot out of the ground isn't cool. It's hard enough that there's all sorts of hard to kill mobs and sit being flung at you.

On the upside, massive XP to be had. I was on 47 before I started tonight, now I'm a few bars off 50. Not bad for a few fights, the payoff is certainly good enough for us to try it over and over again until we finally crack it.