passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

MFGamers Indie Game-a-month

radiofloyd

I have 3 exams and an essay this month so no time whatsoever to join in, i'll catch up on both games in December though...

I would heartily second Lone Survivor. I think we could easily do a Lone Survivor/Home double given that Home has to be completed in one go.

• 2 weeks later...

Some good indie bargains in Steam's Thanksgiving sale! Highlights include Cave Story for €2.50, Analogue: A Hate Story for €2.50, Home for €1 and Zeno Clash for €1

Not much of a discount on Torchlight 2, only 25%, but you can pick up Amnesia, Bastion, Botanicula, Braid, Closure, Dear Esther, Gemini Rue, Legend of Grimrock, Limbo, Machinarium, Stacking, Super Meat Boy, To The Moon, Trine 2 all for 50/75% off. And more.

I just realised the problem with editing posts seems to be fixed, thanks to whoever sorted that anomaly!

I haven't contributed much to the Hotline Miami discussion but i'll catch up on it over the Christmas.

Tme for a December poll? I still think a Home/Lone Survivor double would be a good idea.Home is €1 at the moment on Steam and Lone Survivor is €5 (50% off) on a flash sale for the next 12 hours.

I added the recent release The Real Texas to the list of suggestions.

sorry i've not really been posting much in here but have played the last 2 months games, although not managed to finish either in the month, about half way through to the moon and enjoyed what i played, must finish it at some point. and near the end of hotline miami, which is flipping brilliant :D

I was going to recommend Stealth Bastard Deluxe for indie game-a-month, but it's horrible and a waste of $10 bucks . The gamepad input is laggy and the keyboard input is no better. Mr. Bastard moves at a sails pace, which is the opposite of the trailer for the game where he move at lighting speed.

This one needs a patch for it to be worth while.

It a lot like Super Meat Boy with a lite-stealth/puzzle element, but like I said the game does not work properly. The stealth bastard in the trailers moves at Super Meat Boy speeds, but the version I got off steam he move at a snails pace and there is noticeable lag in the controller and keyboard inputs. So fuck the thieving developers of Stealth Bastard Deluxe for misrepresenting their game in the trailer and releasing a laggy piece of crap on Steam. I'll go back to Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory and Super Meat Boy for my puzzle/platformer fix.

GOG's Christmas sale is running until Jan 3, some brilliant bargains on there that i will be snapping up on the last day.

They also have daily specials and today you can get The Real Texas for 75% off ($3.74 - down from $14.99). GOG is one of the few places selling this game and it's meant to be excellent, so i'd recommend snapping it up! We should definitely play it on here.

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/the_real_texas