passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Mass Effect 3

Sly Reflex

I really cant decide who to bone. Liara is an easy option - she's on the Normandy, she's blue, she's intersted but Miranda and Ashley are both so hot. The obvious answer is Ashley because she's the only one whom i havent sailed the skin boat in to but i just cant play hardball with the other ladies, they love ill Shepards sensetive side. I hope i can pimp the game, i aint a player but i crush alot.

Exact same problem. I for one am holding out for an intergalactic inter-species threeway.

Right! That ending.

It's weird that it's getting so much hate and become such an issue, as it really isn't anything to get upset about. I don't know how it has escalated to the point of petitions because it's just a functional ending. I was expecting something really lame, or so awesome it only really clicks if you were paying attention, but it's none of that.. it's just a final conclusion, which is okay.

Anyway. My ending! essentially I made the decision to destroy all synthetic life. Other options are to control the Reapers or synch with them to become a new super race both seemed like something someone with a God complex would do. we'd come through three games seeing the Reapers as an enemy to be destroyed. Everyone was behind that, as in the whole universe was behind that so not going through with it wasn't something I wanted to do. It was warned that synthetic life would be made again and the cycle will continue but I figured that can be dealt with by people in the future, if it did. Let their choices lead to that, for now I'm taking out the Reapers.

My friend got this theory that Shepard was indoctrinated and he never set foot on the Citadel and there is proof supporting that but that really wouldn't make sense in my game. Why would he blow up the Reapers if he was? And having a brainwashed protagonist without a 'would you kindly' situation. That would be lame.

But the ending was fine. Not a big crescendo but I think the series is better for ending in a way that requires a bit of reflection. when it came to the final decision I had to really go back and assess why I was there, what I was actually doing.

Reflecting now it was actually a decent ending but I'm not saying that just to go against the grain. I think it was actually an okay ending. Fucking internet and its bullshit.

yeah ending

i thought the ending was pretty good - makes you think about your choice - i did the fuse thing, thought maybe there was more chance for the future that way, unclear if it ended out like that but i was happy with it.

with all the fuss i thought something like the crucible not working at all and everyone dying might happen. the blind faith in it did seem a bit odd, but i guess with no other plan...

i asked someone why all the fuss - apparently it's because the things you do beforehand don't affect the ending which is a fair point. but i liked it how it was, and deus ex was the same and i loved that, shame ME3 doesn't seem to let you save there to see the others - off to youtube

i put a lot of time into this, pretty much did all the sidequests/talked to everyone as far as i can tell, probably still missed a few bits. really enjoyed it, probably would have liked it even more if i could remember what happened in the first 2 games!

also talked to someone about the different things that can happen along the way, they've done a good job of keeping the continuity (not sure that's the right word) throughout the 3 games, like if someone dies in ME1/2 or if you miss talking to someone things happen differently. the combat is good fun too.

Right! That ending.

It's weird that it's getting so much hate and become such an issue, as it really isn't anything to get upset about. I don't know how it has escalated to the point of petitions because it's just a functional ending. I was expecting something really lame, or so awesome it only really clicks if you were paying attention, but it's none of that.. it's just a final conclusion, which is okay.

Anyway. My ending! essentially I made the decision to destroy all synthetic life. Other options are to control the Reapers or synch with them to become a new super race both seemed like something someone with a God complex would do. we'd come through three games seeing the Reapers as an enemy to be destroyed. Everyone was behind that, as in the whole universe was behind that so not going through with it wasn't something I wanted to do. It was warned that synthetic life would be made again and the cycle will continue but I figured that can be dealt with by people in the future, if it did. Let their choices lead to that, for now I'm taking out the Reapers.

My friend got this theory that Shepard was indoctrinated and he never set foot on the Citadel and there is proof supporting that but that really wouldn't make sense in my game. Why would he blow up the Reapers if he was? And having a brainwashed protagonist without a 'would you kindly' situation. That would be lame.

But the ending was fine. Not a big crescendo but I think the series is better for ending in a way that requires a bit of reflection. when it came to the final decision I had to really go back and assess why I was there, what I was actually doing.

Reflecting now it was actually a decent ending but I'm not saying that just to go against the grain. I think it was actually an okay ending. Fucking internet and its bullshit.

yeah ending

i thought the ending was pretty good - makes you think about your choice - i did the fuse thing, thought maybe there was more chance for the future that way, unclear if it ended out like that but i was happy with it.

with all the fuss i thought something like the crucible not working at all and everyone dying might happen. the blind faith in it did seem a bit odd, but i guess with no other plan...

i asked someone why all the fuss - apparently it's because the things you do beforehand don't affect the ending which is a fair point. but i liked it how it was, and deus ex was the same and i loved that, shame ME3 doesn't seem to let you save there to see the others - off to youtube

The Mass Effect fans saying that your choices don't matter have lost me completely. How on Earth do your choices not matter? All the plot strands: the genophage, the Rachni, and all the other things were all tied up during the game, like Mass Effect 3 in its entirety is an ending. Everything you experience in the game is a sort of bullet point that guides that final decision, for example, if you sympthised with the Geth and EDI then maybe you, the player, would be less likely to pick the destroy all synthetic life choice. That ending was low key to make you reflect on these things.

The ending is quite a binary choice but all those choices prior guide the one you make, and it probably will still be a choice you're not entirely happy with but thems the breaks; that's life. Welcome to Mass Effect. Get your bang pow heroic endings elsewhere.

Someone who only has a passing interest in the story I can see being let down by it but how so many massive Mass Effect fans, who really understand what makes Mass Effect good, how those people are complaining has completely lost me. I'm baffled by what's going on. Don't understand it.

I've had a couple of difficult times on Insane but nothing controller throwing inducing. Got a bit easier once I maxed Armour Piercing. My defult squad is AI and DLC guy. Currently on the Asari homeworld. Oh and finally got to see someones face! ;-)

Im just about keeping up with the story, i just get a little confused with the names of the races sometimes.

Im only playing this when i have a decent chunk of time in front of me. I have five hours of un-interupted ME3 time tonight, cant wait. I like the fact that we are all experiencing a slightly different tale.

I'm also hoping to get this finished off over the weekend, I really want to know what all the kerfuffle about the ending is. They'd have to do something monumentally retarded to disappoint me though as i'm currently enjoying the hell out of it.

Will be starting fresh with a new FemShep, no import, full renegade, and just plow straight through the story without doing any side-missions. I'll try Insanity, but ME2 felt way too unfair to finish on that difficulty.

I love the oh shit moment when a Banshee warps into you group in co-op.

I played a bunch of multiplayer last night with weirdly silent randoms. I enjoyed it, and everyone seems to play this in a cooperative way, despite the lack of communication.

I expect to finish it this weekend.

Can't say i've ever spoken to or heard anyone else speak when playing multiplayer :( I think it's gotten to the point where everyone seems to know what they're doing, what the priorities are and ho best to complete objectives.

The loading screen tips say that you must damage a banshee when it's doing it's warp thing to cause big damage. It's telling lies. I've seen it work once, even when four people are actively emptying clips into the fucking thing.

The loading screen tips say that you must damage a banshee when it's doing it's warp thing to cause big damage. It's telling lies. I've seen it work once, even when four people are actively emptying clips into the fucking thing.

I don't think I've seen that tip.

As an Engineer I normally concentrate on taking out the barrier with Overload, then repeatedly hitting it's armour with Incinerate from a safe distance.

Stop a Banshee when she becomes charged by damaging her while she uses biotic jumps to close in

That's the correct wording. There's a big list of loading screen tips here: http://www.rarityguide.com/articles/articles/1654/1/Mass-Effect-3-Tips-and-Hints/Page1.html

Maybe I interpreted it wrong but it does say "stop a Banshee..". I'd expect that to mean she'll stop doing her annoying biotic jumps if you damage her whilst she's jumping, but it doesn't seem to work that way huh.gif

Reaper enemies on the silver challenge difficulty is nigh on impossible, I think i've had maybe one success in ten, especially when you get to wave nine and you have three Banshees spawn along with two or three Brutes. I'd hate to see what gold throws at you...

The ending: I don't see what those people are whining about.

The whole final few hours leading in to the ending had a sad, desperate feeling to it. Shepard is worn down and sick of the death and destruction, knows they're probaly going to lose, but carries on fighting. I really liked that.

My ending: I sat at the junction and thought about it for several minutes before making my choice - until I forgot the exact details of what the little boy told me - and went for the destroy the Reaper option.

I didn't really want to wipe out the Geth and other synthetics, but with the way the game had gone, wiping out the Reapers and ending this cycle seemed to fit. I didn't want to go down the Control route, and I think the Synthesis option involved destroying the Mass Relays. I might do that in another playthrough.

I liked the little montage. It didn't show a whole lot, but it did it's job all right. I think it destroyed the Mass Relay nearest Earth? So cutting them off from the rest of the galaxy?

I'm assuming the rest of my squad for the assault on the beam died? I guess it would have been nice to find that out.

The sending you back before the finale for free roam/dlc is a bit crap, but I guess that's the only way you can do it. I tend to wait and play DLC integrated into the course of a complete playthrough, so that doesn't really matter.

Also:

That dude talking to the little girl in the cutscene after the credits is Buzz Aldrin! :)

All in all, I had a great time playing it.

With so, so many calling to arms with the ending I did start to think I'd missed something but the things people are complaining about is either surface level stuff that a bit of imagination can sort out or little details that don't actually mean anything.

That dude talking to the little girl in the cutscene after the credits is Buzz Aldrin! :)

That's awesome. Really awesome.

Finished this last night and couldn't see what all the fuss was about. I think there was always going to be a certain degree of disappointment at the end but the rage this has generated is absolutely unwarranted.

Personally I thought the whole game was a good ending to an excellent trilogy rather than just focusing on the final 30 minutes. You really do need to view trilogies differently to one-offs or sequels. Most stories have a beginning, middle and an end so a trilogy should be viewed in the same way overall.

I replayed the end section (which was a bit of a chore tbh) so I could see all three 'good' endings, may do another playthrough to see the bad ones but apparently it's not really worth as it's always the same ending sequence, just showing a little bit more or less depending on your effective military strength (it has to be over 2670 for the good endings I think). The 'best' ending you can get is supposedly the red 'Destroy' ending which hints that Shepard may have actually survived the destruction of the Citadel somehow huh.gif.

I did the green 'Synthesis' ending first and thought that was a pretty sweet way to round out the conflict by bringing man and machine together. The ending cut with Joker and EDI looking out over Eden Prime was a nice final shot.

The 'best' ending you can get is supposedly the red 'Destroy' ending which hints that Shepard may have actually survived the destruction of the Citadel somehow huh.gif.

That's the one I got, and it's the one that supports the 'Shepard was indoctrinated' theory, suggesting that he never actually set foot on the Citadel. That everything that happened after being blasted by the Reaper on Earth was all in his head, and he snaps out of it in the rubble if you pick the destroy choice. Suggesting that indoctrination failed and the other choices are what the Reapers wanted all along. But that's just a theory.

That's the one I got, and it's the one that supports the 'Shepard was indoctrinated' theory, suggesting that he never actually set foot on the Citadel. That everything that happened after being blasted by the Reaper on Earth was all in his head, and he snaps out of it in the rubble if you pick the destroy choice. Suggesting that indoctrination failed and the other choices are what the Reapers wanted all along. But that's just a theory.

Nice, that makes alot of sense I guess. Will be interesting to see where they take the DLC see if there's any clarification on those events.

I was expecting Kai Leng to turn out to be an angry Kaiden Alenko, as the name kinda fits and he could have justification to hate Shepard so much. I then realised it wouldn't make any sense if you sent Ashley off in the first game though. Shame really would've been a nice link.

Which class did you go for in your Insane run, Nag? As much as I love the Vanguard class, I can't play it a second time.