passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

FIFA 12 SCAM

sibernet

... a separate password when making purchases would probably be a good start. Something that the system will recognise if you try to set it the same as your login password, and force you to make it different.

How about turning on the Account passcode option, the one with the four button presses?

I would imagine that they'd still need to input that to access your account on another console...

But not through xbox.com I would imagine?

Actually me and a mate tried that the other week so his 7 year old wouldn't be able to buy stuff through his account. It only works as a passcode if the game you're buying is 15 or 18 rated. We tried it with Doom and the passcode came up, tried it with a kiddy game and you could buy it straight out.

But not through xbox.com I would imagine?

Actually me and a mate tried that the other week so his 7 year old wouldn't be able to buy stuff through his account. It only works as a passcode if the game you're buying is 15 or 18 rated. We tried it with Doom and the passcode came up, tried it with a kiddy game and you could buy it straight out.

Touché about xbox.com, although it is still pretty useless to them if they can't access the account from a console...

I've got it set up on mine so that I turn on the console, select login to Xbox Live & then the button press thing flashes up at that point. After passing that I can make purchases from Live "willy" and indeed "nilly".

So can you set that up without it being tied to a "family" account? That was what we had, it was done through turning on parental controls or something.

And Martha, people are getting into your account, buying stuff (mostly it's FIFA 12 DLC), setting up a new account, moving the bought stuff over and selling the new account.

So can you set that up without it being tied to a "family" account? That was what we had, it was done through turning on parental controls or something.

I guess so, I'm just looking at the dash now...

Go to settings > account > your info (far right box) > Xbox Live Passcode

As an aside, I just looked at the family options too, and I've got all that crap set to off... Although it looks like you can change the maximum rating for games the kids can play (from 18 all the way down to 3) without them needing to enter the family passcode. Hell, you can even set it so that all games (& purchases?) need the passcode to play... :lol:

So I phoned Microsoft about removing my creditcard from my account...

I explained my reasons and she initially said she wasn't able to remove it due to the way that I'd renewed my Gold back in October. So I mentioned that some of you guys had had the same issue and that they'd just deactivated your membership, removed your card & then emailed out a code to reinstate the Gold. So she put me on hold and did just that, and for some reason I ended up with an extra code for a bonus month on top of the 12 I originally had!

Although, to be honest, I was in two minds about applying those codes... After she 'so say' turned my membership off and removed my card details, my account was still showing as 'Gold', but the expiry date had changed from Feb13 to 'N/A'... it was as if it was set to never expire! Although tempted to leave it that way and see how long I could get away with, after 30 minutes I bottled it and redeemed the codes...

Did all the email steps and re-downloaded my profile. I now have Rainbow Six Vegas 2 on my profile. No achievements though.

Also, one of the games they bought was Test Drive Unlimited 2, I can find it in the marketplace and "download again". After the refund has gone through, d'ya think they'll let me download it or wipe it from my history?

You can remove games with zero achievements from your profile somewhere within the dash...

And as for TDU2, I'd say if it's still showing as available for redownloading in a week or two then yeah, why not?! :) It's their fault for doing a half-arsed job of cleaning up your account...

anybody else find it strange how many people on this forum have been hacked?

also, does anybody know where to change your xbox password?

We've been saying that, in this thread i believe.

And do you have a password you put in to your actual Xbox or is it just a case of changing your Live ID password?

Couldnt find the thread on this actual game but fuck me, ive been kicking the CPU's ass on Semi Pro, but it up to Pro and QPR suddenly became Brazil. Couldnt get the ball at alll after going 1 - 0 up, one dude rounded three of my players and scored a 30 yd screamer, then they passed it with ease around everyone and scored minutes before time. Fucking shit.