passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Never Dead

Sly Reflex

I've been keeping my eye on this for a while now and I honestly can't make my mind up about it. It does look a bit on the crazy side which appeals to me but it's developed by Rebellion and published by Komani and neither one of those companies make me think I must have it. I am also put off by games that use the invincibility mechanic since it often feels like it was put there because they couldn't be bothered balancing the difficulty properly so although you can't die they are still incredibly frustrating experiences.

• 2 months later...

http://spong.com/article/25878/NeverDead-Coming-to-Europe-in-February

Konami's demonic, head-rolling action brawler NeverDead has been given a European release date. The game will launch for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 consoles on 3rd February 2012.

Developed by Rebellion Software and the product of Metal Gear Ac!d's Shinta Nojiri's warped mind, NeverDead is the hellish misadventure of demon hunter Bryce, who is cursed with immortality. You'll be shooting and fighting your way through waves of evil minions, all with a desire to hack Bryce to pieces.

As you get torn apart by larger and meaner demons, Bryce's body parts go flying off limb by limb - leaving you handicapped until he can run over and put himself back together again. Bits of Bryce can be used as impromptu weapons if need be, and even his head can be detached to roll around small areas.

"For NeverDead, we‘ve gone all out to change the approach the player takes in battle," said Nojiri. "Losing a limb is a mere inconvenience and Bryce’s physical skills allow a wealth of ways to take out the enemy – from close-range combat, to throwing limbs into clusters of monsters and shooting them remotely!

"This adds a level of humour to the game that brings the world-weary main character to life, while players can revel in game worlds that can are fully interactive and eminently destructible."

• 1 month later...