passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Battlefield 3

Hendo

I quite enjoyed the Deathmatches in Bad Company 2, not quite as much as a rush match but they were still fun, sucks that they removed vehicles from it though

Dont get one part of the article though: 'Aerial skirmishes will apparently play out across the same area as they do on the PC game'

Why limit the size ground battles in the first place then? I assumed they would cut out a bit of the map on consoles rather than just blocking it off but if its all there why not just leave it open? its not like it will cause problems, people will still head to where the action is.

If it was left open it would give you too much space for 24 people, and everyone will be spread out and taking ages to get anywhere so keeping it focused is the best way to go. But the jets will need the space due to the speed they fly.

It's the same with the choppers on BC2. Have you not noticed that the out of bounds area spreads out once you jump in a helicopter?

Ah, dont know why they cant just leave it open, if nothing happens there most people will naturally avoid the area but I guess that makes sense.

That would be my second stupid post in this thread... :facepalm:

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/08/25/battleblog-8-build-your-weapon-of-choice.aspx

It's all gone a bit CoD with the customisation.

We have well over 50 weapons in Battlefield 3. But each weapon in itself can be tailored to wildly differing play styles and combat roles. Read on for the full details on our deepest weapon customization ever.

Two weeks ago, we detailed the general design philosophy behind the gun play in Battlefield 3 together with Senior Designer Alan Kertz. Today, we are delving deeper into the thousands of weapon customization options you will have in the game.

Basically, each main weapon in the game has three accessory slots, where you can attach weapon accessories you have unlocked. Weapon accessory unlocks are received on a per weapon basis, meaning that the more time you spend with a particular weapon, the more options you will have to customize that weapon to fit different your combat role and play style.

A rifle in Battlefield 3 can be customized for wildly different combat roles. The carbine directly below has been equipped with a heavy barrel, bipod, and a 4X magnification combat scope. This would be ideal for a soldier who wants to engage targets at medium to long range and use suppressive fire to support his team mates.

In the picture above, the same carbine has instead been equipped with a suppressor, foregrip, and quick acquisition holographic scope. This setup would be well suited for Close Quarters Battle, especially indoors where stealth can be a vital factor.

The unlockable weapon accessories include an assortment of optics, suppressors, bipods, barrels, underslung grenade launchers, underslung shotguns, foregrips, flashlights, laser sights, and more.

While the class and model of your weapon will determine a number of basic values (like muzzle speed, energy, and fire rate), you can always modify it to tweak it towards anything from long range to close quarters combat.

So. Are you a long range sniper or a close quarters combat type of player? The neat thing is, in Battlefield 3, you can easily switch between both. With our powerful weapon customization features, there are no limits to the types of gameplay we support.

Pictures in the links if you want to see how different weapons look.

I seriously hope that that they have save slots that allow you to keep often used set ups, because it was a fucking pain in BC2 having to swap between equipment, I often though it should have had the the class, and then all the variations in class under that banner. It was way clumsy even on the PC.

There are some rumours that the beta starts on the 9th of September for MoH players, and on the 11th of September for everyone else. This is just a rumour though. It would be sensible to get it out early September though, because once those games start coming out nobody is going to be wanting to play a beta.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-05-battlefield-3-covers-two-xbox-360-discs-article

Battlefield 3 may span two Xbox 360 DVD discs.

A Japanese poster for the game cited that on Xbox 360, Battlefield 3 comes on "DVD-ROM x2". On PS3, BF3 comes on "BD ROM x1". The picture of the poster was shared by Hachimaki.

Whether Battlefield 3 will require disc-swapping part-way through the campaign, or opt to separate single- and multiplayer, remains to be seen.

The news of Battlefield 3 requiring two discs follows on the heels of news that vast open world role-playing game Skyrim will only require one Xbox 360 DVD.

If this is true it's only going to fuel the bitching between platform rivals. Just play the fucking game god damn it!

I was going to type this all out but this video sums it all up.

Open voice chat. Cue slagging matches between people complaining over choppers, tanks and lazy cunts doing nothing.

I actually think Modern Combat got it right. If you were in a vehicle with someone, or were in close proximity to them, you could talk and they would hear you. If you wanted open coms to someone miles away you had a push to talk option that did a funny noise through the ear piece with the static shutoff noise when you had done talking. It was great.

I remember in Modern Combat no-one really spoke because the enemy team could hear it if they were nearby. It was awesome. I remember creeping up behind the noisy fuckers. It really brought something to it.

It was BF:Modern Combat that made me fall in love with online gaming, It'd be great if some of those features came back.

I remember in Modern Combat no-one really spoke because the enemy team could hear it if they were nearby. It was awesome. I remember creeping up behind the noisy fuckers. It really brought something to it.

It was BF:Modern Combat that made me fall in love with online gaming, It'd be great if some of those features came back.

I used to use the local voice chat for setting up C4 traps.

"Yo mate, I'm injured, I need health up on the mosque 1st floor" *watch enemy listen in and walk right over my explosive death looking for an easy kill* :lol:

http://battlefieldo.com/bf3-beta-platoons/

In other good news, we bring some information on the platoon system in Battlefield 3. By the looks of it, there will be some form of clan ranking system via Battlelog. Here is a screenshot showing the Platoon creation screen. You can clearly see that there is a option to create emblem and tag. Perhaps this means that you will be able to see some sort of clan emblem in game. Needless to say, it’s great to see Battlefield getting some clan support. It seems like making a clan/platoon is really encouraged.

I hope the clan tag and the name tags are different things. I think BF3 should adopt the Halo way of giving each player a call sign on top of a clantag. It's really coonfusing when you have a few of the same class in the squad and you cannot call out to whoever is in danger because they all have identical icons.

Also in that link it says that the beta was rumoured to come out today, but it obviously hasn't. Now the rumour mill points at the 27th, which I'm afriad eats into my GoW3 time. Silly really, I know quite a few of my friends won't be participating as much due to it clashing with GoW3, it's a mistake if it turns out to be true.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-13-ea-explains-bf3-xbox-360-disc-split

Eurogamer has discovered what is on each of the two Xbox 360 Battlefield 3 DVD discs.

"Battlefield 3 for Xbox 360 ships on two discs with endless hours of spectacular high-definition gameplay," EA told us this afternoon.

"Disc one features the stunning multiplayer, co-op levels and HD installation content.

"Disc two features the superb single-player campaign."

The PS3 version of Battlefield 3 will come on one, larger capacity, Blu-ray disc.

Thought as much.