passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Amazon Kimble

Manicm

Anyone have one or use one??

Ive seen the ads and thought might get the app for my iphone, but then i thought how about a Kindle, its £111 from Amazon at the moment for the wi-fi version. I do like a good read and my book collection is slightly overtaking everything so digital books seems the way forward. My iphone and ibooks is an alternative but my OH won't allow me to take my phone aboard on holidays so the Kindle seems the alternative.

Any thoughts or views??

Kindle. ;)

I'd be quite tempted, although the number of different people who need their cut means price of the books isn't much lower than RRP of the dead tree versions. Not having to store or offload them after I'm finished with them does make up for that a little though.

I think if it was a little cheaper, I would go for one.

the screen on them is amazing, it's just the cost of the books I dont like. That and I'd feel a tosser getting my kindle out on the bus.

Mind you the app for it works quite well (I've got the android version) so I guess you could always use that instead for small journeys

Kindle books work on all Kindle apps/devices dont they? So you could be getting books on the app on your phone to see if you get on with electronic books before taking the plunge and then carry them over to your Kindle if/when you buy one.

I'd try this first

Aldiko

It's a free ebook app for Android, that'll also let you download hundreds of public domain freebie books too. Usually the old classics like War of the Worlds, Dracula, etc. That way you can see if you can get on with electronic books, before paying for the Kindle, or buying Kindle books.