Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Hendo

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone else that still cares.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light owners will finally discover online co-op on Xbox when the long-awaited patch is implemented October 27. Crystal Dynamics just announced the news and noted that the update for PS3 and PC is "coming later, stay tuned."

The company also reiterated that the first DLC pack would be free "to say thanks for your patience." Guardian of Light was one of the standout downloadable titles of the summer, despite missing a key feature at launch. It was originally intended to be patched in during September, but Lady Croft slept in and missed the date.

It's a busy time but I'd still like to go through it.

• 1 month later...

It's SquareEnix / Eidos isn't it?

Oh shit, Kane and Lynch! I'd pay for that.

Raziel and Kain I'm going for.

We were right! Except I'm not sure anymore that I would pay for them. :unsure:

In one of the stranger gaming crossovers of recent years, Kane and Lynch will soon be playable in Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.

Hacked PC footage on YouTube, spotted by Joystiq, showed four as-yet unreleased DLC packs for Crystal Dynamic's co-operative top-down Tomb Raider spin-off.

Two are new Challenge Packs called 'Things That Go Boom" and "Hazardous Reunion", one is marked "Kane & Lynch Character Pack" and another is titled "Raziel and Kain Character Pack".

You might recognise the latter as the starring duo of Crystal Dynamics' dormant Legacy of Kain franchise. Kane and Lynch are of course the titular stars of Eidos' third person shooter series, last seen in the notoriously dismal Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days.

The developer has since confirmed the news on its Twitter feed, asking fans to vote for which pack they want to see first. No release date or pricing details have been divulged yet.

I hope they finish the work with the voices.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNcPa8ZrFHo?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNcPa8ZrFHo?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNcPa8ZrFHo?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

• 2 weeks later...

I started playing this over the weekend, it's a lot bigger than I thought it'd be. I've just started level 3, and unless the level list includes DLC there's still loads to go. It reminds me a bit of Torchlight, not just the viewpoint, but the colours and lighting too. My only issue is that aiming (I'm using a 360 pad on pc) sometimes isn't all it could be, and and the combinations needed to fire mean that quickly dodging is a bit more difficult than it needs to be

I'm enjoying it though, but for some reason I'm finding it really hard to just sit and play it, I keep wanting to turn it off after 20 minutes or so