passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Sly Reflex

Played for an hour or so tonight with sibernet. We were playing Conquest, and our team won two out of the three games. Really enjoyed what we played. I came top in one game, so we must have been in a game full of n00bs or something. Playing as assault mostly at the moment, with a bit of medic. Definitely twelve quid well spent.

Once you unlock the perks, I'd suggest using extra grenades and magnum ammo for Assault. Scopes are a waste of a slot imho. Using the extra grenades nets you double the amount of grenades, that includes grenades for the under slung GL. Use them for tearing down cover for increasing lines of sight when it's to your advantage. You can also use it for spooking vehicles, it wont make a dent in anything armour plated, but you can get them to waste time moving away or distract them by getting them to look at you. This perk also allows you to carry double smokes. Use them to block line of sights on objectives, remove tracer tags from friendly vehicles and block Recons views on anyone doing important stuff. Once you get to know where Recons hang out, just ping smoke in there to irritate them. If they are moving to get around the smoke then they are not hassling your team.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the tips, Sly.

I notice a bunch of unlock packs on the store. Normally I am not one for these things, but would they benefit me at all being this late to the party, or do you unlock things fairly quickly? Items like increased armor, which genuinely give you an advantage would be handy, although I seem to be holding my own fairly well. I could always use those free MS points. :lol:

Nah, you unlock stuff pretty quick. The Spectat stuff is interesting though, the pins you receive stack.

So, if you get 7 kills, you get the assault rifle efficiency pin. If you use a spectat weapons and get 8 kills you claim both assault and spectat pin. It's only worth an extra 200 points overall, but if like me you swap and change between kits you'll find that the points rack up. It also give you extra weapons to gold star if you like the last unlock, as it's really just a fancy weapon skin that changes camo depending on what map you are on.

Knifing people really helps. You get 50 points for the kill plus whatever rank they were. So if you were to stab me you would get 50 points for the kill and 41 points on top of that. Only do this if you are sure you can get the knife in though, nothing worse than getting up on someone and then getting gunned down. So fucking annoying. Also, do NOT sprint to knife someone. You make a lot of noise when you sprint, and your gun is down. Chances are any decent player will hear you and stop you in your tracks.

By about level 15 you have all the stuff you need. The G3 and M14 are nice to have, but their not essential. I worked out how long that will take by your standard scoring and it came out at 35 hours at 106 points per minute, but once you really start playing you will dwarf that score, I'd expect you to be in the mid teens within 10 - 20 hours online play. If you work with your squad you get a bonus set of points and pins on top, and insignias really do jump your score up by considerable amounts.

Thanks, I may buy the Vietnam expansion sometime when I have money to spare, a bit of jungle warfare looks to be fun.

On another subject I recently unlocked the tracer dart gun, I dont get much use out of it really as I only use it to try and hit choppers and theyre too fast for the dart to hit, most of the time it gets in my way when I switch to my sidearm in a firefight and realise its completely useless.

Any tips?

I wouldn't bother with the tracer dart for Engineer. It's easy to get caught out with an empty mag due to SMG's having a tendency to burn through their small clips leaving the user defenceless unless he can rearm at an Assault or take an replacement from an Engineer who has died in combat. If you must insist on carrying the tracer dart for shooting choppers, look for any time where it has to bank, slow itself to get a view on the objective. Practice shooting Black Hawks as they are the slowest moving helicopter and therefore the easiest to hit.

Thanks, Ill just switch to a pistol, if I need to wait for a specific moment to hit the target ill just stick with the guided rockets, it would be good if there was a decent anti air rocket launcher that could home in. A stinger or something would do.

Hmmm... Is the server down? I cant connect.

Is the MP-412 REX any good? I use it purely because revolvers are the most badass gun around, but I rarely get kills with it, is there a specific way to use it or do I just suck?

Sorry about all the questions, im still a noob at this D:

Is the MP-412 REX any good? I use it purely because revolvers are the most badass gun around, but I rarely get kills with it, is there a specific way to use it or do I just suck?

Sorry about all the questions, im still a noob at this D:

I love it. Just fire three shots as quick as you can to the chest. It's possible to down someone even if they get the jump on you first with the Rex.

I'm still sad about platinum-ing that gun so it's not worth using any more. It's by far the best handgun.

Ah, thanks, I think my problem is that im used to the higher capacity pistols and tend to panic fire and spray, the REX isnt very good for that seeing as it only has 6 shots, thanks for the help.

The REX is awesome. If you want a handgun to spray with you should pick the MP-443 Grach. It has quite a big clip in it, and if you are panic firing from the hip (not pressing in LT), you have a better chance with that gun than any of the others. Avoid the M93R Burst, it sucks willies.

I need to do:-

MG3

NEOSTEAD 200 COMBAT

M24 SNIPER

TYPE 88 SNIPER

VSS SPECIAL

XM8 LMG

M95 SNIPER

M1 GARAND

870 MCS

And from 'Nam:-

M60

AK47

M16A1

RPK

PPSH

UZI

M10

M14

Not a bad gun that Mac10. I also managed to grab a few Huey kills too. I fucking hate that helicopter. The bag of shit.

Just completed the engineer class, not entirely sure what to aim for now :S. Probably medic I guess, im terrible at sniping and assualt class is too heavily focused on the front lines, I much prefer the support classes.

Just completed the engineer class, not entirely sure what to aim for now :S. Probably medic I guess, im terrible at sniping and assualt class is too heavily focused on the front lines, I much prefer the support classes.

It depends what type of player you are. I like to be up front so that suits my style, but you can go mid range with them as support. Don't forget people on the middling areas need ammo too. It's easy points. Try to avoid scopes if you can. Partner an Engineer, they burn through clips at a rate that will have you scoring some nice points after every firefight and will need a steady supply of rockets or mines. The pairing of Engineer and Assault are sort of symbiotic, one can deal with vehicles but only has limited shots while the other cannot but can feed the shots of the other. It's also worth remembering that if you equip a shotgun, or any weapons that cannot carry an underslung grenade launcher, C4 replaces that option. C4 will make a mess of everything, including you. Stand back when pressing the button.

MG3

NEOSTEAD 200 COMBAT

M24 SNIPER

TYPE 88 SNIPER

VSS SPECIAL

XM8 LMG

M95 SNIPER

M1 GARAND

870 MCS

M60

AK47

M16A1

RPK

PPSH

UZI

M14

M60. The fucking beast of the battlefield. That is all you need to know. I'm halfway through the Huey kills as well now. Stupid fucking cunt of a motherfucking shit. I hate it.

Thanks for the tips, I may use assualt class after all, gave it a try and was surprised at how good the assualt weapons were to fire.

It's also worth remembering that if you equip a shotgun, or any weapons that cannot carry an underslung grenade launcher, C4 replaces that option. C4 will make a mess of everything, including you. Stand back when pressing the button.

I have a habit of running at a vehicle as a recon and getting shot down while trying to retreat, most of the time I just suicide bomb things now, it loses the enemy a tank for a while and for my team just one point.

Ill be honest though, im not fond of shotguns, its rare I ever get close enough to use them unless I happen to be playing a small team deathmatch map, most of my kills are usually from a pistol.

Try the Saiga or USAS with the shotgun plus perk. It doubles the rounds chambered from 6 to 12 and can easily mow groups of people down. If you are accurate at firing then maybe add the slug perk too. Long ranged death from a shotgun.

MG3

NEOSTEAD 200 COMBAT

M24 SNIPER

TYPE 88 SNIPER

VSS SPECIAL

XM8 LMG

M95 SNIPER

M1 GARAND

AK47

M16A1

RPK

PPSH

UZI

M14

MG3. I found it better at long range with the x4 scope on, anything close ranged got blasted from the hip. It's OK I suppose, just not as beastly as some of the other LMG's. The step up when you use other LMG's is really noticeable. The MG3 does make a wicked noise when you fire it though, sounds like a motherfucker's digging up the street.

NEOSTEAD 200 COMBAT

M24 SNIPER

TYPE 88 SNIPER

VSS SPECIAL

XM8 LMG

M95 SNIPER

M1 GARAND

AK47

M16A1

RPK

PPSH

UZI

M14

The XM8 LMG is pretty good at all ranges and doesn't tend to piss through ammo. I'll probably use it as my main Medic weapon.

The Uzi is OK, it varies wildly, but I think it's the worst out of the 'Nam Engineer bunch.

The M14 is fucking shite. Inaccurate, small clipsize and damage all fucking suck. It was good at taking choppers down though, not that that's saying much.

I need 20 more kills with the Huey. Did I mention I hate the fucking Huey? The load of fucking welded together shit.

NEOSTEAD 200 COMBAT

M24 SNIPER

TYPE 88 SNIPER

VSS SPECIAL

M95 SNIPER

M1 GARAND

AK47

M16A1

RPK

PPSH

The NS2000 is probaby my favourite shotgun out of the pump action ones. It's got that air of "Fuck you buddy!" when you kill someone and then reload it on the kill cam.

The Garand is a sweet bit of kit too, it could do with being a bit more powerful, but close up you'll fucking rape most players unless they have a shotgun.