passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

[360] Mushihimesama Futari Ver 1.5

illdog

I dont know what the fuck is going on and i love it.

Ive never played a bullet hell shooter (to my knowledge) and there is so much on the screen sometimes i just smile to myself and hope no-one notices me.

Ive been through it three times (twice as the girl, once as the dude), im on my fourth and im actually getting a bit better, its just knowing where your hit box is and alot of luck.

Its got a fuck ton of modes,a confusing amount. At the start you pick what version of the actual game your going to play (Ver 1.5, Arrange or Black Label), then there's Score Attack or Normal (and Normal ahs three difficulties) and all can be played as either the Arcade version or the Xbox360 version. AND there are two characters to choose from with two different shooting styles each. Again, i just nod my head and smile.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention Mr Spatular, it took 2 weeks to get here and cost me £50 but its awesome.

its awesome.

Nice one, glad you're liking it illdog :D

did your case have a dlc card and a sticker on the front?

yeah it's only ~20/25 mins, the perfect length for a shooter, its all about replaying it over and over to get better :)

i'll try and explain all the modes-

the difference between arcade and 360 modes are the updated graphics, so on an LCD you might as well always pick 360 mode

Normal - this is the 3 modes the arcade version has - original, manic, ultra

- original is, at the start at least, a more standard shooter, less manic, scoring system is really basic

- Manic - standard cave game, tiny hitbox, shedloads of bullets, more complicated scoring

- Ultra - like starting on the second loop of a cave game, makes this game maybe the hardest shooter ever, the bullet patterns look really cool.

Arrange is split into novice mode and arrange

- novice has the 3 modes, (original, manic, ultra) but easier and with autobomb i think - not tried it yet.

- Arrange again has the 3 modes, different controlls and bullet reflecting - again i've not played this propperly yet.

Black label is the DLC, 1200 points and available on the UK marketplace, this has the 3 modes from the black label arcade game, original, manic and god, the others are slightly altered versions from the 1.5 arcade game, god mode is a different/easier version of ultra.

1.01 mode is like normal but with harder bullet patterns from the 1.0 arcade version, this was limited free dlc that came with the first print of the game, which play-asia messed up the distribution of :(

i don't fully understand the scoring systems apart from original mode, there's more info here:

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15512

http://www.cave-stg.com/forum/index.php?topic=3.0

all my info comes from reading the shmups forum as usual.

good shooting, i'm off to play it now :D

What is he shooting at exactly? :mellow: Nothing's been dodged:

it is being dodged (and bombed), the hit box is tiny, like 4 pixels or something in the centre of the ship (well girl on flying beatle), edit - the bullets have hit boxes too so if 2 big ones are headed your way with no visible gap you can usually get through if you line it up right.

that's the last boss from ultra mode, that video crops up when people ask about the hardest game ever, don't let it put you off, original mode (and manic) is massively easier than that :)

Isn't Ikaruga classed as Bullet Hell?

Surprised Spatular hasn't explained the difference (unless he has and I've skipped over it). Ikaruga isn't a bullet hell game, if anything because you can absorb the bullets, which sounds like a sarky comment but isnt meant as one. I'm not sure what sub genre Ikaruga goes into, but bullet hell shooters are the games where you you can't actually see where your gap is, experience and slow down are what gets you through (basically, pretty much all Cave games)

I guess the difference is that Ikaruga is hard, and you have to use its mechanic well to progress. Cave shooters just look impossible to do at points

did your case have a dlc card and a sticker on the front

No and no, was it supposed to? Did u get to downlaod the Black Label for free or summink?

it was lucky dip with the free DLC because play-asia messed it up, it was for 1.01 mode, which is like the normal mode but harder. black label is different, i paid for it.

What Ben said about ikaruga, loads more bullets and the slowdown characterises manic/bullet hell shooters, i guess ikaruga is sort of in it's own puzzle/shooter genre?

oh and above i got it wrong it's called maniac mode not manic.

just played through some of the black label modes, great fun :D

played through the 3 novice modes earlier, they are pretty easy, manic and ultra were good fun though, a lot less bullets than the normal mode, more bombs and autobomb, playing the manic mode really helped me understand the scoring better as it's a lot easier to see what's going on with the chaining bar, different colour gems and the counter when i don't have to use all possible concentration just trying to stay alive.

tried one of the arrange modes too, you can switch between characters and do some bullet reflecting when you hold down the shoot button, not sure exactly what was going on though.

tried one of the arrange modes too, you can switch between characters and do some bullet reflecting when you hold down the shoot button, not sure exactly what was going on though.

Yea, the arrange mode is really easy but bloody good fun. I dod Arrange Novice on Maniac, it must have been easy cos i didnt die till the final boss but fuck me, it still gets crazy.

Sometimes surviving seems to be just as much luck as skill. Your hit box is actually tiny but i only worked out today that the bullets have hit boxes aswell, there i times ive survived when ive had no idea how and then there are times ive died when i thought id finally go the hang of it.

I think this might be the best shooter ive ever played. How does it rate for you Spatular, u have more of a pallette than me.

my eyes hurt!

well they managed to make my favourite bullet-hell shmup even better so i'm very, very happy! thought i was quite good at the PS2 one, the leaderboards on this show me that i wasn't even close... ah well, having alot of fun, especially with the black label one.

using the SF2 pad for this and it works really well, couldn't do anything with the 360 analog stick, found small movements impossible.

Sometimes surviving seems to be just as much luck as skill. Your hit box is actually tiny but i only worked out today that the bullets have hit boxes aswell, there i times ive survived when ive had no idea how and then there are times ive died when i thought id finally go the hang of it.

I think this might be the best shooter ive ever played. How does it rate for you Spatular, u have more of a pallette than me.

yeah i really like it, not been playing many shooters recently but this has really got me back into it :D

regarding the hit box, you may well already know this but reco has some spinning white circles on her back (they get brighter if you hold down the shot button, which also makes you go slower so can help with fine movements for dodging) and palm has spinning red/yellow triangles that show you pretty much where the hit box is.

oooohhh i would like to pick this up as well, sounds excellent fun.

illdog, you should download MAME on PC, that was you can play all kinds of bullet hell shooters.

Support the cause broseph, import import import!

I just read a great review of this game that may say your decision:

今とは違う時間軸。神さまとなった少女レコとドラゴンに乗った少年パルムの二人旅の物語を背景に繰り広げられる弾幕縦スクロールシューティング。3つのゲームモードと自機タイプはそれぞれ2つを持ち、組み合わせで自分にあったものを選択できる。また、アレンジ版として「新しいゲーム性と追求したもの」と「初心者でも爽快に楽しめるもの」と二つが追加!! 「その旅は、ふたりの想いをつないでゆく」

I like the bit about the fish. :mellow:

translated:

Now with a different time axis. Be engaged in vertical scrolling shooting barrage against the background of the story of two people traveling in Palm boy became a girl riding a Dragon God and Leko. Ship type 3 and two game modes each have one, my choice was a combination of things. As arranged version of "to have and pursue new game" and "that even beginners can enjoy a refreshing" and add the two! ! "The trip is to do in connecting the two thoughts"

Illdog, you should download MAME on PC, that was you can play all kinds of bullet hell shooters.

damn good plan!

played some more arrange mode last night, sort of understand it a bit better now, you play as one character with the other one following, a button swaps between them, they each have a meter/counter, when this isn't empty you can reflect bullets by holding down the shoot button, you seem to be able to charge the counter (not sure exactly how) for one while using the other to reflect bullets, then switch, so you can sort of be invincible for large parts of the game.

I got a different translation, still no fish though.

Now the time base which is different. God the barrage vertical scroll shooting which can unfold girl [reko] and the story of two human traveling has become the mark of the boy palm which rode in the dragon in the background. Three game modes our machine type can select those which with combination are by your respectively with two. In addition, as an arrangement edition “new game characteristic those which are pursued” and “the thing and two which can be enjoyed refreshingly even with the beginner” add!! “The traveling connects thinking the cover [ri]”

played some more arrange mode last night, sort of understand it a bit better now, you play as one character with the other one following, a button swaps between them, they each have a meter/counter, when this isn't empty you can reflect bullets by holding down the shoot button, you seem to be able to charge the counter (not sure exactly how) for one while using the other to reflect bullets, then switch, so you can sort of be invincible for large parts of the game.

just scoring builds up your counter, but using the A button to deflect the shots drains it. use the right trigger shot to slow the bullets down, this doesnt use up your counter, you can then dodge around them easier, or if you get a bit stuck, use A to deflect. you can then build both meters up to the max (9999 i think it is) and use right trigger and A button to activate "fever" and take down bosses nice and easy!

I got to the boss of level one last night on Ver 1.5 -> Ultra without using a continue, and i had the boss down to the final third of his energy but it was all too muh without anymore bombs. Thats sounds pathetic but by fuck Ultra Mode is hard.

I still find that in extreme situations im dodging bullets with 20% skill and 80% luck, but i think when i started the ratio was 10/90 so thats an improvement. Also whereas before i had to remind myself to collect gems its second nature now.

Its like crack this game, i can just play again and again. Has anybody got a favorite mode they play more than any other? Ive been trying to stick to Ver 1.5 and Original, i figure if i ever get good enough to beat Level 5 on that setting without continueing im ready for a serious crack at something else.

Also, i slightly prefer Black Label.