passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Assassin's Creed II

illdog

Yay! I've reached Venice! I feel I'm on the home run now..

Nice one Dunks, but you have a little bit of arsing around to do but i really enjoyed Venice, it looks amazing.

Yeah, it looks terrific! One or two of the last missions got me a bit, especially where you're dispatching the

conspiritors and its timing those moves if they're in a crowd. I really enjoyed the Stage Coach chase! I hope we see more of that in Red Dead Redemption! :)

Download packs have been announced, looks like I'm not trading my copy in just yet. :)

http://www.shacknews.com/laryn.x?story=61432

Two downloadable add-ons for Ubisoft's Montreal's recently released murder-centeric open-world action game Assassin's Creed II are slated to arrive in the first two months of 2010, publisher Ubisoft revealed today in a mailing to the press.

The terse "media update" specified names and release months of the first two packs--"Battle of Forli" in January, "Bonfire of the Vanities" in February--with no word as to what each downloadble pack will bring with it and pricing simply listed as "TBA."

The publisher also noted that each download will weigh in at a minimum of 1GB, and obviously require "a disc copy of Assassin's Creed II on PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360."

Double post bonanza:

More stuff about the new DLC from Kotaku:

The game mostly depicts the adventures of the assassin Ezio Auditore in Italy, spanning the years 1476 to 1499. But it skips 1489-1498, which should be labeled as "sequence 12" and "sequence 13" in the game's DNA/menu-screen. Instead, the game skips from the 1488-set Sequence 11 to the 1499 Sequence 14. The biographical data in the game for the real historical figure Caterina Sforza, who crosses paths with Ezio briefly in Forli, refers to her rule of the region during those skipped years and the battles her militia fights, ultimately against another one of the game's major characters, Rodrigo Borgia. It would not be a shock to learn that the Battle of Forli DLC covers this material.

The Bonfire of the Vanities could also neatly fit into the sequence gap. The Bonfire was a real event which occurred in Florence in 1497. The game already includes a fully-rendered city of Florence, though portions of it have been locked off to players.

Ubisoft isn't saying anything more about the content and when it takes place. Asked about the DLC's timeframe, a Ubisoft representative told Kotaku that more would be revealed later this month and again in early January.

There may also be some other, smaller DLC on the way. The game's creative director, Patrice Desilets, had indicated to Kotaku in September that some of the bonus areas that were initially available only to GameStop consumers would also eventually be available to more players. But Ubisoft has provided no news about that.

Ok, this sounds rad now. It s a shame its another case of pulling out game content to sell to you as download content but it does sound good.

Tri-pupupu-pull-pull-pull post.

From x360a:

Bug Fixing Assassin's Creed 2 Patch Coming Friday

Written Wednesday, December 09, 2009 by Dan Webb

If you've been one of the unlucky few to experience Assassin's Creed 2 glitches in recent weeks, fear not, all shall be fixed soon. Or so we hope. A post in the Ubisoft forums this morning detailed a patch that is set to fix a few bugs when it drops this coming Friday, December 11th.

The patch is set to fix the following:

Situation specific bugs:

* Glyph - After the player has resolved a glyph (when the unlock code message appears), if the player presses A and B (for 360, X and O on PS3) repeatedly and quickly, the video will appear in full screen, and he will get stuck in "the truth menu".

* Fast Travel - Some feedback states that Ezio loses the ability to interact with the fast travel stations.

* Free roaming/Parkour - In extremely rare occasions a bug allows Ezio to walk on air.

* Auditore Cape - When first equipping or re-equipping the Auditore cape, users in the Villa become notorious even if the cape description says otherwise.

* Altaïr’s armour - While wearing Altair's armour the game crashes when performing multiple consecutive double assassinations.

* Toscana - The game occasionally crashes if the player dies in Toscana, the player is stuck in the animus loading screen.

* Water - Ezio and NPCs may get stuck beneath map if pushed in water.

* Animus Loading Screen - There were reports of the game crashing while the player is in the Animus loading screen

Mission specific issues:

* Sequence 05 Mission 01 - The game froze after completing the mission and following certain steps.

* Sequence 06 Mission 02 - An extremely rare issue could make the game freeze while Ezio is fighting the guards.

* Sequence 07 Mission 02 - Sometimes the civilians knocked down by Rosa could “float”.

* Sequence 07 Mission 07 - When the user is in an open conflict, under specific situations the game crashed.

* Sequence 08 “Venezia” - If a player desynchronises during the flying machine sequence, the player sometimes spawned near Leo's workshop and not on the tower.

* Secret Location: “Vizitatione” - The user remains stuck after locking onto the agile guard with the gun.

* Sequence 11 Mission 05 - The user cannot continue gameplay after quitting and loading the game. They are stuck in the hideout.

* Sequence 14 Mission 02 - The user falls through the texture if he is hit with rocks by the guards while climbing

Sound enhancement:

* 5.1 LPCM support

I only had a problem once when a mission froze (late on) and also on one occasion an enemy dissapeard into a wall, but that dud me a favour.

Still, what a game.

• 1 month later...

Overkill!

First DLC is coming (this) Thursday 28th Jan randomly, The Battle of Forli.

Now i like achievements probably more than the next man, but its being called 'bad news' that this first DLC installment comes without them. Personally im just looking forward to more climbing about and killing. Yours for 320 M$ points, t00t.

• 3 weeks later...
Assassin's Creed II Bonfire of the Vanities DLC Swoops Earlier Than Expected

Written Tuesday, February 16, 2010 by Richard Walker

Bonfire of the Vanities, the second of the Assassin's Creed II downloadable episodes will appear a week earlier than initially planned.

The chapter sees Ezio return to Florence, to meet up with Machiavelli who tells you that the mad monk has used the apple to seize control of nine influential citizens, who you'll presumably have to stab in the eyes with your concealed daggers.

Ubisoft tweeted the new release date earlier today saying simply, "DLC 2 "Bonfire of Vanities" will release on February 18 on PS Store and Xbox Live."

I played through Battle of Forli over the weekend.

Took me 10 minutes to remeber how to fight properly, after that i was back in Assassin mode. Ok, the plot itself is quite nice, a decent story about Caterina Sforza (whom you meet in the main game anyway) and two cunts called the Orsi brothers.

The gameplay is nothing new at all and at first i couldnt see why they took this out of the main game and made it DLC. By the time i'd finished id realised that it does so little other than tell a side story (and add a little detail to the main plot) that its perfect for DLC. I just wanted some variety in the gameplay like the gliding missions or the horse carraige scene but instead you just get more fighting.

I think i just have high expectations when it comes to download content and they are very rarely met. I still enjoyed it, my final kill was spectacular - it just want anything new.

• 8 months later...

I put like an hour into this this morning after getting in from work. Seems pretty good so far. I was absolutely knackered though and kept falling off rooftops. There was a command that said drop which I thought meant drop off the ledge so you could climb down, but I jumpped off the roof onto someone carrying a crate. :blink:

I went on this last night before bed as a quickie gaming session before sleep. I then commenced to play for 3 hours! It got light outside. :blink:

It's surprised me a hell of a lot, how could the 1st game be so shit and this be so great? I'd like to mention the acting in this too, although the characters don't look great graphically, they are utterly believable, the emotions and expressions on their faces all add to the cut scenes and at points it's been genuinely funny. It also feels very adult orientated as well, but not in the fact that there is loads of blood, just that it feels like a mature game.

The climbing is great too, reminds me of how I felt when I first played Crackdown, but this time it's crossed with Fred Dibnah style steeple jacking. Finding the viewpoint things then working your way up is very satisfying.

Colour me surprised, it's turning into an excellent game.

Never played Tenchu but it didn't feel that different to the first Ass Creed to me and I still don't get the exaggerations over that game. Flawed but not terrible. I think the review for Ass Creed 1 was the last time I paid attention to a GTM review. 4! etc etc.

Glad you're enjoying this though, it really is a marvel of a game. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do next (not including Brotherhood).

I killed another guy that looked like a cross between a paedophile and a pimp. Maybe that's just the way those Italians roll. I like the way the town evolves over the years, the guards keep changing after every hit. I find it oddly satisfying chasing those guys that run away over the rooftops and killing them. A little niggle is that sometimes the weapons switch for unknown reasons, although this did lead me to the tactic of throwing sand in the eyes then stabbing them in the neck for easy kills. Air assassination work great against the normal guards too, but my favourite way is to pull them over the side t their deaths. I even go out of my way to kill a bowman on the roofs just to do that. :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

I started playing this again a few days ago, and I'm right back into it now. I've just got to Forli. It's just so well put together, you can lose so much time in the world, I love just climbing to every viewpoint. I'm trying to stick mainly to the story, but am doing the odd sidequest here and there. The tombs are fantastic, and as a whole it's incredibly hard to put the game down . To put it another way, I have added AC Brotherhood to my Christmas list. :)