passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

Hendo

Square Enix Europe has officially unveiled the rumoured sequel to 2007's Kane & Lynch.

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days thrusts the titular criminal duo into the Shanghai underworld and is due out on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 in 2010.

"Gamers are always looking for something new and that is exactly what they are going to get with Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days," said Niels Jørgensen, general manager of developer IO Interactive.

"A special thanks to gamers worldwide for their feedback. They are certainly in for a shock as we, with immense pride, welcome back our two dear, violent and somewhat unfortunate friends."

Publisher Square Enix Europe - of which IO is a part since the acquisition of Eidos - promises a visual style "inspired by documentary filmmakers and the user-generated era". Apparently it's going to "deliver a fresh perspective to the words 'intensity' and 'realism' in videogames", too.

I still enjoyed the first, despite its flaws. It took an interesting approach in multiplayer too.

I really liked the first game as well, the controls need sorting out but if they can do that there is no reason why the second one shouldn't be a great game. Hopefully a few more people will get it this time though since I only ever got to try multi once and then it was horribly broken thanks to someone's connection, but whose? We will never know.

I only ever got to try multi once and then it was horribly broken thanks to someone's connection, but whose? We will never know.

It was either me, Sly or Haggar from what I can remember.

The only trailers out there, I think:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It was either me, Sly or Haggar from what I can remember.

Definitely wasn't Sly, he wasn't even there although you know what he's like for ruining things so he could have arranged the whole thing from his lair. We were playing with some Gouki or Bouki dude, can't remember his exact name. He posts over on GTM under the name Shadowman, probably his fault. Always blame the stranger.

Online co-op, thank fuck

The 2010 game switches the lead in the series, putting players in control of "self-medicated psychopath" Lynch. The story, according to the fact sheet, begins with Lynch having found peace in Shanghai and attempting to "make a fat deal where the pay is beyond his wildest dreams and nothing is going to get in his way."

The plot summary promises that Lynch will find Shanghai to be the "perfect playground for expat criminals such as [himself]; seduction and corruption highlight the contrasts of the city as players fight through the seedy underbelly of Shanghai – a juxtaposition of old-world and new-world ideals ripe with black market opportunities for Kane and Lynch to exploit and reap rewards from."

The game will support online co-op, in contrast to the original's inclusion only of offline co-op. Competitive online multiplayer will return.

The fact sheet is light on gameplay details, though it does note that players who are shot to the ground in the new game will be able to shoot from a prone position or crawl away, giving them a second chance in the fight.

I love Lynch, he's nutty.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The film already sounds awful.

Actor Jamie Foxx has signed up to star as one of the titular characters in the forthcoming Kane & Lynch film.

That's according to Variety, which reports Foxx will play Lynch to Bruce Willis' Kane.

In the movie the pair will have 72 hours to recover a doomsday device and save the world. They'll also need to rescue Kane's wife and daughter, who are being held hostage by the people who sprung them from jail.

Shooting is set to start in August. The film is being directed by Simon Crane, previously best known for being a stunt co-ordinator on movies like Mr & Mrs Smith and X-Men: The Last Stand. Kyle Ward, who also penned the script for the Uncharted film, is writing the screenplay.

1. "Foxx will play Lynch"

2. "In the movie the pair will have 72 hours to recover a doomsday device and save the world."

3. "The film is being directed by Simon Crane, previously best known for being a stunt co-ordinator"

So far only Bruce being in it is likely to save it. That plot doesn't sound anything like what K&L would do. Lynch would more likely be the one trying to use a doomsday device.

Can't wait. :lol:

Register for Kane and Lynch 2 website, get free map pack

Fancy getting free stuff? We know you do, so go sign up on the Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days website.

Do that, and you’ll get a free map pack for the game’s multiplayer called “Heat Maps” when the full thing launches. What is contained with the pack is unknown, however.

The shooter got dated yesterday for August 24 in the US and August 27 in Europe by Square Enix, alongside the release of a new trailer.

VG247.

The film already sounds awful.

Maybe it's like a joke or something. Not funny of course but not all jokes are. Although honestly someone who likes stunts making a film actually appeals to me as a big fan of shallow action movies full of explosions and slow mo jumping.

• 3 months later...

Early demo access - http://www.gamesradar.com/kandl2demogiveaway

This Xbox 360 demo code will give you exclusive access to play Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days at home - this is the only opportunity to play the new Kane & Lynch 2 multiplayer modes before the game is released. The demo will be live from 1st July, for a limited time only. This demo is only for UK and NI residents.

No option to invite friends as far as I know. Just ranked <_<

Seemed fun enough anyway. There is a proper cover system now and the aiming is tighter. The SP stuff felt very much unfinished though. Only 2 months to go. They better pull their finger out because if that's the final product for SP then it's going to get a bit of a kicking again I think.