passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

TopGunKnacker

I played some of the campaign and got to the level in Rio. Its been pretty CoD so far, despite hearing all about No Russian it still felt nasty. I started going into it not caring but when people are dragging their infured bystanders it still felt like cuntery shooting them.

I was going to leave the multiplayer until I'd finished the campaign but I had a quick to on it and got pretty addicted. I'm not sure if I like it though, the constant rewarding keeps you playing but I find myself getting annoyed at Choppers and Harriers littering the skies while I get constantly killed. I always end up in the middle of the leaderboard but its not that often I have alot of fun. With all these kill streaks I think its lost some of the purity of CoD4s multiplayer but MW2 is still pretty good. Maybe I'll change my mind when I unlock some fancy stuff.

I hadn't played this online for ages up until this evening. I had some really good team deathmatch games with wiivo, and was on a roll for the first few games, top of the list every time. I was expecting to be a bit rough seeing as I'd been away for so long, so I was pretty happy with that. I'm still rocking my Famas 3 round burst, which is awesomeness. I unlocked another kill streak award so went for the harrier (7 kills). I got to use it a few times tonight and it's pretty good for racking up some quick and easy kills.

Right lets go.

SPOILERS

Graphics are top notch, girlfriend thought I was watching a film. The plot is all over the place, but when do we play all our games for the plot? As I'm a sensible kinda guy, I ignored all internet hearsay and reveals so the game was 100% new to me. Played No Russian, felt very bad just watching it, so casually aimed above everyones heads to keep my cover. Even felt bad killing the security forces who subsequently tried to stop me.

Favourite images are leaving the sub and surprising the enemy, the POV of the nuke from space, the rappel down with overhead stab watching the life leave the eyes, watching the war on terror in American terriotory. Looked just like Fallout 3 at night. Played a few SPEC-OPS and they seem like a fun challenge, even the vehicle ones.

Never really played much on-line of the first one, I generally got put off when people started going under maps and throwing grenades 7 miles, so I gave it a go and 2 hours later I'm level 6 and getting withdrawls.

Oh and MW2 veteran is a different veteran to MW1. Death seems more random, but checkpoints are more forgiving. Hardest part was probably smoke ice rig and bits of Brazil.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I must say, I came across one of these super soldiers last night, and damn was it annoying. Some dual wielding shotguns dominated one game too.

I still don't understand the problem people have with camping - like, is it better to just run around like a crazy bastard or keep yourself hidden away?

Inspired by chatting with Greg and Sly last night, I'm gonna give this a bash on Veteran difficulty. It ain't gonna be pretty.

I mostly play Harcore Team Deathmatch network allowing and camping is kind of encouraged, you have no hud, death is much quicker and there is no killcam. Its a much slower pace, matches run out of time rather than hitting the max score 99% of the time. I like it, though. It has a real hunter feel about it without anyone randomly running around.

Don't go in with big killstreaks, you won't hit them.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:lol:

I'm probably gonna hex this now, but I'm not finding veteran on this one anywhere near as hard as the previous 2 CoD games. Usually it takes me a long time to get through just one checkpoint, let alone a level, but this isn't so bad. I have died quite a lot though.

I'm at least halfway through now, just picked up Prisoner 627.

Also, played some multi with Dante before, did 3rd person deathmatch which was a bit :blink:

I bet you could get used to it after a while though.

• 2 weeks later...
According to several posters on the developer's official forums,

a new hack for the game is going around on certain Xbox LIVE servers

that gives players negative experience points for kills, which results

in a drop in your rank.

A youtube clip has surfaced (spotted by Joystiq) showing the hack in action, which gives unsusp...ecting players -5,000,000 XP per kill.

"Me and my clan (SC) went into a game of HxC SnD, we found a group

of tenth prestiges, we thought they were merely boosters, we were very

wrong," one poster wrote.

"We knew something was wrong when they just waltzed out of their

spawn in Highrise and let us kill them. After we won that round, they

said 'AWW look at the level 1s' and we noticed..."

"Killing them made us LOSE xp.... we won the match because they ended it. Match Results: -899999453xp," the poster added.

It appears for now this hack is only widespread on Xbox 360 versions. We contacted Infinity Ward - have yet to hear back.

To counter that, theres a new hack which gets you up to 10th prestige in one kill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ7xNbbCY7k&feature=player_embedded#

I think it's a "Look how clever I am" that leads to said people looking like dicks. If you look at hackers in general they wouldn't have such a bad rep if they did something that was productive instead of doing what they do now which is make peoples life harder and fuck up things that they enjoy doing.