MFGamers

Shadow Complex

DANGERMAN

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The plot to this really is dog shit

You're picked because the restoration have moles in the NSA so they cant risk bringing another agent. Yet you're with an agent, you get rescued by a helicopter full of agents. And knowing the bias from the book now the speech the guy gives at the end is just insane.

Shame because it is a good game. Not the second coming, but it gets better later on after dipping in the middle. I would quite like to get 100% but I'm not so sure I fancy going through it all again, especially as I will just be aiming for the hidden items, and the rest of the game will be a cake walk. Apart from the bits where you have to jump into narrow holes above you

(although with the hook it should be easier)

EDIT: How do you start a new game+ btw? I just tried continuing and it dumped me at the start of the last boss. If i select new it tells me im going to lose everything

I stopped paying attention to the story with its laughable idea of liberation, it all seemed a bit Ben10. I only finished it the other day and I can't even remember the story.

I just went into it wanting a big area to explore with ability based puzzles to solve, it supplied that so I'm a happy bunny.

oh god yes. the whole premise is terrible. theres a video somewhere of a developer explaining the plot, think it might be the video of the first 7 minutes of gameplay, and he seems to let on he thinks the plot is crap its well funny. he sounds apologetic! but fuck it, castlevanias plot is always shit

woot, just 100%ed. This is what I was trying to get across in the podcast, for me this is a better game when you're exploring. The actual gameplay is ok, but you can autopilot most of it, and even being creative in the kills gets a bit samey. But spending tonight tracking down every item has been my favourite part of the game. It's why I dont see the appeal of going back through, I've seen everything.

Nice. A rather massive oversihgt in the game means it somehow allowed me to enter the bit

where part of the lab blows up

without doing a section that's essential to do first, leaving me with a dead end and nothing to do but start from the begining again.

What bit cant you do?

You can still get to the rest of the map, and I cant think of anything you need to get out of their

I only have a couple screens worth of the map accessible, there's dead ends on two sides. I've looked it up online, and it seems I'm not the only person to have been fucked over by this. Basically the game somehow allowed me to accidentally bypass a switch or button that was essential to do before this scene.

So now I've got rubble blocking one way, and when I go outside I'm stuck behind a metal fence, with stairs/platforms stopping me going upwards.

Ive seen elsewhere people have managed to get places where they shudnt, my friend has manage to get the foam gun before he was supposed to! No bloody idea how, but now the door wont open for him, and has to start again.

• 1 month later...

BUMP.

I bought this on release, played it for 10 minutes and really didnt like it. Ive been waiting to be in the mood for a game like this before i tried it again. Thought id give it a go Saturday just gone and now i bloody love it. Yes the shooting is annoying, yes the jumping is a bit crap but its so much fucking fun the bad points really dont matter. Addictive as hell too.

It is really good, one of the highest ranked XBLA there is IMO.

but annoying thig is you can take so many routes and it fucks up your game, i went through it on the 2nd time and now i cant get the missles. I just cant be bothered to go through again.