passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Wii Sports Resort

retroed

Basketball can suck my penis.

I just can't do it, I throw the ball before jumping and without letting go of B. <_<

Conversely, my mate can do it flawlessly. Double <_<

Got through the first 10 seconds of the golf tutorial before exiting back to the menu - really not interested in playing golf like golf. Didn't like it on the first game and have no desire to pick up Tiger Woods either. I much prefer playing golf games in the old fashioned style with a pad.

The Air stuff is a bit fluffy, not much there. Wake boarding is great - is it possible to do a double spin in the air? Power cruising is surprisingly good fun, I like that throttle.

Frisbee is really good, I got the hang of it straight away, meanwhile the same guy who's shit hot at Basketball is just plain shit at this. Har! I can see me enjoying frisbee golf much more than proper golf.

Table tennis is genius, some genuine competitive spirit came out of that, much better than tennis on the original and there's clearly a lot to learn.

Archery is another favourite, though I suck at it.

Cycling is a bit meh, not hating it but it's nowhere near the best. Knackering though. Canoeing is the same, not especially digging it.

And bowling is pretty much the same but this time I actually can tell when I've made a fuck up as it happens, whereas I felt on the original that it was a bit random, never understood the spin.

Swordplay is the proper favourite though, that is proper laugh-out-loud funny. My mate's been doing as Sam's girlfriend and just spazzing out and hoping for the best. I like the single player mission thing, love going up to someone and bopping them on the head, usually with me saying, "Bop!" as I lay the smack down.

In conclusion: 'tis essential!

This arrived today - not really had a proper play of it yet, but me and the kids tried a bit of Frisbee with the dog. Good fun and motion plus works well.

Meanwhile our real dog sat with his real frisbee in his mouth and looked sad :(

:lol: Poor dog.

I've spent a good portion of today playing it and I've noticed some stuff which should've been improved.

Firstly, where do you see the stamps you've collected and which ones you have yet to get? That should be in there.

Also, no online leaderboards for your friends list? For shame.

What I'd really like to have seen is the ability to send pics or replays to your friends. Got an amazing strike on bowling or hole in one? Show it off.

That's really missing from this.

:lol: Poor dog.

I've spent a good portion of today playing it and I've noticed some stuff which should've been improved.

Firstly, where do you see the stamps you've collected and which ones you have yet to get? That should be in there.

Also, no online leaderboards for your friends list? For shame.

What I'd really like to have seen is the ability to send pics or replays to your friends. Got an amazing strike on bowling or hole in one? Show it off.

That's really missing from this.

Completely agree with all things above, i was looking for my stamps and gutted when i couldnt find them. And if Wii Music can send a whole video then surely this can send a replay?

Ok, i wish i was as cross as i was earlier, i had a real fucking bad experience with Table Tennis. I love it, its brilliant but i find it utterly unpredictable. Some of the shots i hit that feel exactly the same come out completely different, one hard to the left, the other floating to the right. Also, my smash shots didnt work about 6 different times in about 3 games - very frustrating when your gonna win the point and then it does nothing. Im not moaning about it being hard, im just moaning about the controls which maybe i dont fully understad, it just seems odd im having control issues with Motion Plus, i guess i just expected near perfection. Ive got like 700 points now and the shots coming back from my increasingly bizaare opponent are getting bloody hard to return. Thats why i want my controls to work so i can stand a chance.

Also, my Wiimote keeps having to calibrate itself mid game, last game i played on Table Tennis i had to do it four fucking times. Would the laptop being on and wireless have much to do with it?

I love the Aeorplane flying across the island, really relaxing. Ive foound 46 info spots, ill be fucked if i know where the other 34 are! Like David says, hope this is testing the waters for Pilotwings - it could be soooo good!

Overall im loving this package, its bloody great. Exept canoeing.

With Grand Slam Tennis i found that if I left the remote to settle between points it was fine I.E. have it pointed forward and still ready for the next point, rather than messing around with it (tho I liked seeing what it could do when i wasnt having to hit a ball).

Played a few games with Spatular last night, the table tennis seems the standout to me, then probably the frisbee and bowling. I also didnt like the canoeing

I dont mind canoeing - cycling is my least favorite I think. Seems too uncontrollable. My favorite is flying the plane and dog frisbee. I seem to be better at the new bowling and a lot worse at the new golf. Table Tennis I quite like and I know it will be in the next MFGamers tournament so I am practising already ;)

I didn't like canoeing at first but then I spent some time in the practice pool and reunited all the little ducks to their mum and got a stamp. It took 15 minutes and I was knackered but it got me used to the controls.

Table Tennis is still my favourite, love the shit out of that one. For anyone interested, in some games you can get extra modes or different times of day if you hold the 2 button when you click OK at the Mii selection screen. In Table Tennis, you get an 11 point match which is very difficult.

For those struggling on B-ball, as was I, don't try doing a fluid throwing motion - hole the Wiimote to the side, and put it just above your head and do a little flick of the wrist towards the basket the get it in, hopefully. The 3 vs 3 game is really fun once you get that.

I'm still struggling to find all of the i's with the plane, but I keep going to unlock all the stuff. I hear you get a little house on one of the islands eventually.

I love this game. Full to the brim with that Nintendo magic their games have. No one else can replicate it, really.

What would be fully awesome is if they would release little extra games DLC style, like in a month or so they release a baseball game or something. Online in this would be so awesome too, and im so surprised its left out, its frustrating becuase the motion plus is a step forward but still no multiplayer online....I guess you cant just have everything at once.