retroed

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good session on this that I mentioned in the bargains thread like an idiot. It was good stuff.

EDIT: Apparently I have played 88 games. It seems like a hell of a lot more.

I've played 50-something games. I played some particularly unsatifsying matches against randoms on Tuesday, my team seemd to think it was a deathmatch or something.

That surprises me, being the resident Battlefield fanboy around these parts. I thought you would have had the 100 match achievement a long time ago.

That surprises me, being the resident Battlefield fanboy around these parts. I thought you would have had the 100 match achievement a long time ago.

I'd play it for a bit, then end up back on BC1.

I finally maxed this sexy bastard. Onto BC2 now, if it doesn't arrive tomorrow you might see me on the national news. I haven't decided if I'm going to kill someone yet or just hold them all ransom and rape them over and over. :angry:

• 4 weeks later...
Battlefield 1943 is the Fastest Ever 1 Million Unit Seller on XBLA

Electronic Arts also promises that the PC version will soon be available.

In just over nine months, Battlefield 1943 has sold a million copies on the Xbox Live Marketplace alone, making it the fastest Xbox Live Arcade game to reach the one million unit milestone. It's an impressive accomplishment, especially when considering that the game is priced at 1,200 Microsoft Points ($15) -- a price that would have placed it at the highest price tier back when the Xbox 360 first launched. That price might not be scoffed at in the same way it used to, but $15 remains on the high-end for XBLA game pricing.

"The reception of Battlefield 1943 continues to amaze us, even months after the game was released," said producer Gordon Van Dyke in a press release. "Being the fastest game to reach this milestone is an incredible achievement. The game has set a new standard for what can be done in the downloadable games category. It's fantastic to see how gamers have recognized the value that the game delivers for just $15. It is another great entry point into the Battlefield franchise."

1943 continues to only be available on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, but the long-awaited PC version (the one that EA has been taking pre-orders for since October) may finally be on its way. The press release notes that the game will "soon also be available for PC," but doesn't go into any specifics about when we'll actually see it show up on PC. it's certainly been a long wait, with even Battlefield: Bad Company 2 being released on PC before 1943 could make its way out.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3178541

Just exhale if you've been holding your breath for any Battlefield 1943 DLC, because it seriously sounds like the sun has set on the Pacific war. Speaking with DICE producer Gordon Van Dyke at PAX East, we asked if he could finally end the hopes and dreams that its successful downloadable experiment would receive more content. He informed us, "There's no plans. There's no plans for DLC." However, the PC version is still planned, and there is a patch incoming to address console issues, including mic problems on PS3.

Van Dyke told us that Battlefield 1943 was a cool way to express a classic game like Battlefield 1942 using the company's Frostbite engine. He said that it opened up a lot of eyes to showing off what an older Battlefield game could be like with the new engine.

When asked to elaborate if other classic Battlefield games would receive a reimagined bite-sized release he said, "I can't. There's no specific plans. The success of [1943] has given it an existence within our lineup, in our thoughts. You could possibly see another type of 1943 in the future. But it doesn't mean it's going to be based on 1942." When pressed, he continued, "Seriously, all options are open. We haven't closed our mind off to anything and we haven't locked down that we'll do anything specific."

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/26/no-further-plans-for-battlefield-1943-could-see-another-type-o/

Fastest selling XBLA game, with the least support. I'd have snapped up a map pack for this.