passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

What game to get?

Oliath

Actually havent got around to playing the demo but i have had my eye on it for years now ever since they mentioned they would be updating it for the 360.

The original got rave reviews and was one of those things i really wished i had played. Even if the expansion is terrible and multiplayer horrible (it might be good too though) i will be getting Riddick to finally experience the game.

Okay now that the child fiddler has made up his mind its my turn to be advised. Ive got Saturday free as a gaming day, need to get up early and then I have until 7pm which is pretty much a game done, what should I get bitches?

Is blue dragon worth a whirl?

I found it a bit dull - very by the numbers RPG. The style and the graphics are impressive tho. I think its the guy who does Dragonball and Dragons Quest.

If you want an JRPG try Eternal Sonata its a bit twee but the active battles are more involving and it is definatley the best game set in the dreams of a dying composer. FACT.

I found it a bit dull - very by the numbers RPG. The style and the graphics are impressive tho. I think its the guy who does Dragonball and Dragons Quest.

If you want an JRPG try Eternal Sonata its a bit twee but the active battles are more involving and it is definatley the best game set in the dreams of a dying composer. FACT.

I really enjoyed Eternal Sonata as well, if you want Samuel i can post you my copy. I won't be going back to it any time soon.

Yeah I was thinking resi 5....but for some reason I just dont want to play it. I convinced a mate to get Mass effect the other day, which he did because he can see my obvious righteousness, and I basically want to play mass effect 2, right now.

Surely you should be playing Fallout 3 then as that's the closest to Mass Effect's gameplay?

Actually, you should probably get Riddick too.

I keep getting tempted by The Wheelman as I loved the demo but I really don't want to pay the 35 quid that it costs in Tesco.

HAHAHA ohhh Hendo please get that game.

I feel like i am the only person in this place who knowingly buys crap games.

And for the saturday game session.... how about Heavenly Sword on the PS3?

I have heard very good things about it... and its quite short... and its cheap now....

Its sort of a God of War type game style.... but apparently so well put together. Its on my list of games to buy.

Or Mercinaries II :-) I am playing through it right now and having a great time blowing shit up.

Just back to Oli for a second everyone. Let me get this straight, you start a thread asking everyones opinion about what game you should get. Everybody, being the helpful sorts we are, pips in with some advice. And you end up deciding on a game no-one mentioned.

And Sam, unless Saturday from early am till 7pm is 30 hours you wont finish Blue Dragon. Also Mass Effect 2 is in the future so you cant play that.

And Sam, unless Saturday from early am till 7pm is 30 hours you wont finish Blue Dragon. Also Mass Effect 2 is in the future so you cant play that.

There you go, Sam. Resi 5 has been decided for those reasons.

I'd say Resi 5 too. Purely intense gaming for 9 hours or so - great set pieces and pure cheese. One to play through in one sitting.

Blue Dragon isn't very good - it's an average, by the numbers RPG with nothing particularly good about it.