Purchasing a new 360

retroed

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some Arcades are reboxed 175W Cores, and Pro's, Elite's could have been sitting on the shelf for god knows how long. Best way to tell is to look at the brick.

Mine is a premium - the 60GB hard drive one. I am all worried about it now - sat at home defenceless with the big old nasty PS3 sat next to it glaring at him. I will have to check on it tonight.

jasper-power-brick.jpg

Check the maaahoooosive power brick.. notice the 150W Output instead of the usual 175W.

150W = Jasper (As far as im aware)

:blink:

I've got 2 power bricks (one from an Elite, one from an Arcade) and both say 203W on output!

jasper-power-brick.jpg

Check the maaahoooosive power brick.. notice the 150W Output instead of the usual 175W.

150W = Jasper (As far as im aware)

:blink:

I've got 2 power bricks (one from an Elite, one from an Arcade) and both say 203W on output!

Didn't you buy that arcade only late last year? That should be 150W, I'd think. You probably got one that had been lying around for ages. Mine's is 203W, as I got mine when they were changing the power supply to 150W.

Yeah, Arcade's were the first to introduce the 150watt units. The Premium and Elite's on the shelves at the moment are still likely to be 175watt versions. The only way to guarantee a 150watt 360 with a hard drive is to get a red Elite which is what I'm doing, or to ask to check the box before purchasing.

Yeah, the very kind Sly Reflex has lent me a 256MB memory unit. I've put all my saves on there (apart from Viva Pinata, which wouldn't transfer), my Gamertag, and my themes. It's going to take ages to re-download all my Arcade games and various DLC.