passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Street Fighter IV

DANGERMAN

Sigh... fine. I've just had my internet fixed tonight so I can do tomorrow. Honestly, the type of people playing this arn't the same as those on HD Remix. I think I spent most of the night fighting either haduken spamming bastards or Guile using, turtling motherfuckers. It really doesn't make a fun game. Funnily enough, it was only a couple of Akuma players that I had the most fun with. :huh:

Shame to hear you're not having much fun with it. I'll give you a few games if you want to avoid the spammers?

Sigh... fine. I've just had my internet fixed tonight so I can do tomorrow. Honestly, the type of people playing this arn't the same as those on HD Remix. I think I spent most of the night fighting either haduken spamming bastards or Guile using, turtling motherfuckers. It really doesn't make a fun game. Funnily enough, it was only a couple of Akuma players that I had the most fun with. :huh:

Shame to hear you're not having much fun with it. I'll give you a few games if you want to avoid the spammers?

Cheers for the offer but I have it for the PS3 because of the more usable controller. I didn't fancy buying it on the 360 and having to hunt down a decent pad.

I've picked my dummy back up now and I'm gonna give it another go tonight. Might try and finish it on medium if I find the patiance. I tend to only have about three or four attempts and give up.

Cheers for the offer but I have it for the PS3 because of the more usable controller.

Oh yeah, of course. Doh.

I've picked my dummy back up now

:lol:

I can only say stick with it. It's early days, but I think SFIV is now the best 360 game I own by a country mile. Online is astoundingly lag-free and so far it's been friendly against randoms in ranked matches. Even had a few message thanking me for a good game. Had one last night thanking me for not choosing Ryu or Ken haha.

Have you had a bash at any of the offline challenges? Good way to learn how to string combos and so on.

I have never understood Bens Abel hate untill today, i had one bad match againts him and suddenly he's the greatest Streetfighter of all time. He loves to throw me so bad, he loves to roll through all my moves and he loves to avoid my ultras by a hairs width every fucking time. Ive played through as Dhalsim and Zangief today and both fights against him were awful.

I really really hate his face.

So i finished the game on the Hardest difficuly setting and it only took me 2 goes to beat Seth with Ken. Went through it on Normal trying to beat it on without continuing with Ken and i beat Seth on my 19th attempt. Go figure.

Hmm i found hardest to be easier to medium, hardest i managed to do it with sakura in a few tries, the other day i cudnt beat seth on medium n was gettin major pissed so i quit also.

Also managed to beat seth on medium with zangief. figure that.

Yeah, Seth doesnt seem much, if any, harder on hardest over medium because he's so cheap anyway

Funny you should mention Abel ill, I was thinking of removing that comment because no one else seemed to have any trouble with him. In fact I'd even go so far as to say I quite like the guy now, I reckon he could be awesome in multi if i made the effort to learn him

seths not much of a problem once you know his moves and when he does them , you can set your watch by that big conked crone! you can also make him fluff his ultra by hitting him with a knockdown just before his ultra meter fills up halfway and then standing in front of him as he gets up and jumping over him last minute. he will fuck that move right up missing totally and now youre behind him :D :D FINAL ATOMIC BUSTER!!!!!!

Jay mentioning his Dhalsim using online reminded me of what a good character he is, i used to use him in the SNES original but havent really since. Untill now, and he kicks ass. Took me a few goes to get used to him, i beat the game on normal with him and then took it online. Dhalsim that is, not Jay.

Its funny, they see you pick Dhalsim and then change there character to either Akuma, Gen or Gouken. This in turn makes me smile as i have absolutely no problem handing their ass to them on a Yoga Flamed plate.

I did loose five ranked matches in a bloody row tho, each time 2 - 1, each time both fighters down to very little energy, but each time i drew the short straw. Since then ive won 6 out of 8. Tis a fickle beast indeed.

I do enjoy this game, but i just can't beat seth at all! ok i have beat him twice in easy mode using chun li and vega, but i cranked it up to medium so i can gain some achievements and the damn bastard won't bend over and let me beat him!! ive tried all sorts of tactics to just button mashing.

But had a few mates round last night we grabbed a few beers, and just put this on, so much fun for so many hours!

I ended up using Sagat to beat Seth on Medium difficulty. Spammed his fireballs non stop and his jump in heavy kick down into crouching heavy kick.

I am trying to get a Perfect on line to get the 'all medal types achievement' I almost had it versus a Dan player but just as time over was called he managed to get a sneaky hit in - so annoyed!

I am trying to get a Perfect on line to get the 'all medal types achievement' I almost had it versus a Dan player but just as time over was called he managed to get a sneaky hit in - so annoyed!

Yea man, im the same , thats all i need. Im not gonna try for it tho, all these Streetfigter achieves have been popping up naturally - feels good!

Yea man, im the same , thats all i need. Im not gonna try for it tho, all these Streetfigter achieves have been popping up naturally - feels good!

Well if you change your mind we can arrange a ranked match and ill let you perfect me and then ill perfect you (which means we are streetfighter married by the way)

its really easy to boost ranked matches on this game. ive got 8 legit wins in a row stored up on ranked mode, but im going to boost those last 2 with a mate. then im going to let my mate beat me 10 times in a row, hes got 300+ bp whereas ive got 900+ so i guess i can say goodbye to all those :P

Jay mentioning his Dhalsim using online reminded me of what a good character he is, i used to use him in the SNES original but havent really since. Untill now, and he kicks ass. Took me a few goes to get used to him, i beat the game on normal with him and then took it online. Dhalsim that is, not Jay.

Its funny, they see you pick Dhalsim and then change there character to either Akuma, Gen or Gouken. This in turn makes me smile as i have absolutely no problem handing their ass to them on a Yoga Flamed plate.

I did loose five ranked matches in a bloody row tho, each time 2 - 1, each time both fighters down to very little energy, but each time i drew the short straw. Since then ive won 6 out of 8. Tis a fickle beast indeed.

It's a rollercoaster ride sticking with Dhalsim, which I've done almost exclusively. Sagat is a bit of a nightmare for me, but I love seeing the drones pick Akuma, Gouken, Ryu or Ken once I've chosen Dhalsim. You can practically hear them chortling to themselves. The chortling has stopped when they're picking their teeth up off the floor.

I've had some great winning streaks with Dhalsim, but he requires a lot of work, and occasionally I'll get a complete pasting, usually from a Sagat. I've had some losing streaks too and my win ratio is now embarrassingly low. I'm sticking with him though. I've even had messages of thanks for not choosing Ryu/Ken :D

usually from a Sagat.

Me too, i played some dude who was Sagat and he wasnt that great but certainly gave me a pummelling. Ans Stoobie, i can easily be persuaded to play Perfects. And im fine with the SF marraige - i dont have to do anything do i?