passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Street Fighter IV

DANGERMAN

Well - you have to let me Cannon Drill you every now and then. I promise I wont use my reverse shaft breaker on you tho

Get in line Mr.

Is anyone else trying to complete the game on Meduim with every character?

And Ben, what difficulty did u do it on?

Is there an achievement for that? Or is it just 'complete the game with every character'? ie - regardless of difficulty.

There's an achievement for unlocking every character and for completing the game with every character on Meduim or above. Thats a good challenge. Ive done it with Ryu, Ken, Guile, Dhalsim, Zangief, Sagat and Sakura.

Is there an achievement for that? Or is it just 'complete the game with every character'? ie - regardless of difficulty.

There's an achievement for unlocking every character and for completing the game with every character on Meduim or above. Thats a good challenge. Ive done it with Ryu, Ken, Guile, Dhalsim, Zangief and Sakura.

Cool. I've only completed it on medium with Ryu and Dhalsim so far. I'll have to give that a bash. If I can be arsed unlocking more characters. I've only unlocked three so far.

And Ben, what difficulty did u do it on?

Rigidly stuck to normal for a few days, but unlocking characters was taking too long so i went on very easy for the last few. I've done it on hardest with Ryu, but I've barely played it single player since i unlocked everyone. Barely played it at all in the last few days actually :(

i would love to see bobby dhalsim played effectively, i havent fought a single dhalsim online and the computer controlled dhalsim is a pussy. you got it on xbox Jay?

and sagat is a beast! best character in the game if mastered. and whats with all the shoto-hate? ryu's my guy! wouldve been akuma but his ultra and super are almost worthless.. ive not been beaten by a single akuma yet and ive fought tons of em.. not a brag, theyve just never landed a a super or ultra and theyre vital in a close match

in achievement news, got 690g on this badboy now, shooting for 800

The last few days I've been playing it I've had more luck. Akuma players are great to fight. They seem to have a very offensive tactic which I love playing against because it really makes you fight back and the tactics you develop against the AI really comes in handy in these fights. There was even a guy who picked Seth. My thoughts were I was gonna get a lesson, a proper lesson... first round was very close, I got my ultra on and it left him with no health but he could still fight, you know the that amount. :rolleyes: After that he got up and finished me with his ultra. It was so close. Second round was one of those leap around alot type fights that I eventually won and the last with a nicely timed super when he returned from a botched shoryukan. I don't think I'll ever unlock Akuma and Goukan but some of those that pick them arn't that good to be honest so I'm wondering if there is an easier way.

I'm still shocked at the amount of people who just sit in the corner and use projectiles all the time. personally I don't know how to deal with it. When you do get close to them the always bring out the old fierce jump kick, fierce sweep which works on me like a charm because I forget to block. With hindsight I should use the focus attack, I use it plenty while against people who play it properly.

I'm even making up combos. Sakura. EX hurricane kick followed with shoryukan. Have that Akuma you fucker.

I know it's an obvious one but I found it on my own okay.

i would love to see bobby dhalsim played effectively, i havent fought a single dhalsim online and the computer controlled dhalsim is a pussy. you got it on xbox Jay?

Yep yep. JaySab is the tag if you want to add me. I'm expecting a pasting, but by all means send me an invite.

i would love to see bobby dhalsim played effectively, i havent fought a single dhalsim online and the computer controlled dhalsim is a pussy.

My 360 will be up and running by Monday, wanna fight - fight me.

in achievement news, got 690g on this badboy now, shooting for 800

Kudos mofo, thats a fucking good effort.

Apparently the clothing pack for the female characters is out today. Do I buy now or wait for the full pack to be released? Thing is I dont really want any of the characters costumes apart from Cammys but would be nice to get them all for completions sake.

i think the sf4 dlc falls in the 'paying through the nose for content that shouldve been unlocked from the start' category, i wont be getting any of them despite the completionist within crying out

My 360 will be up and running by Monday, wanna fight - fight me.

illdog dont you worry ill beat you both down :D

i think the sf4 dlc falls in the 'paying through the nose for content that shouldve been unlocked from the start' category, i wont be getting any of them despite the completionist within crying out

I've read elsewhere that the costumes are already on the disc. The worst type of DLC. I won't be getting any.

I've read elsewhere that the costumes are already on the disc. The worst type of DLC. I won't be getting any.

yeah it is on the disc, the actual download is like 120kb in size, its just an unlock key. so theyve made this content before the game was shipped, put it on the disc and decided to charge us for it. fighting games have had plenty of alternative costumes and not charged us for them before this really gets on my wick

yeah it is on the disc, the actual download is like 120kb in size, its just an unlock key. so theyve made this content before the game was shipped, put it on the disc and decided to charge us for it. fighting games have had plenty of alternative costumes and not charged us for them before this really gets on my wick

Thing is they have to put them on the disc or people who dont buy them wouldnt be able to see other players wearing them. I do agree it is a bit cheeky charging for costumes, but then at least they are quite different and if you dont buy them you still have the choice of alternate colours. Plus the market is obviously there as both me and wiivo have said we will buy them.

HD Remix Designer Takes Issue With Street Fighter IV

Despite the unanimous praise for Capcom's Street Fighter IV, noted game designer David Sirlin has a few issues with the game, including its oft-ignored complexity.

"When I read about the 100/100 scores, I see again and again how "simple and elegant" the game is," Sirlin writes on his blog. "This is deeply mysterious and I'm not sure why this so often claimed."

"Qcf x 2 +PPP all the time, extra button presses to throw, extra button presses to roman cancel, and many, many extremely difficult link combos work in concert to create that impenetrable wall of execution between you and the actual game (the interaction between you and your opponent). I wish we could get rid of all this stuff and focus more on the gameplay itself," he adds.

Sirlin also derides the unlockables system in SFIV.

"I'm very surprised to see basic functionality of the multiplayer game--the characters--locked behind tedious 1p tasks," he writes. "I had to pay a tax of fighting the computer on easiest for long time just to get the core features of the game. (I did this picture-in-picture while watching episodes of Frasier.)"

"I'm fully aware that casual players love unlocks, and that's why non-essential content like costumes, movies, icons, and titles are all perfectly fine to give as rewards for playing 1p content. But the *characters*? This steps on the toes of those wanting to play the multiplayer game by making our first experience with the game a very boring one."

As much as I adore Street Fighter IV, I have to agree with Sirlin's points. I don't think anyone who bought the game can honestly say they didn't waste a few hours of their life burning through the story mode repeatedly just to unlock those extra fighters.

As I understand it, HD Remix was developed in America and IV in Japan and there's been some complaints of the differences between the two, especially IV lacking HD's blacked-out character selection.