passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Street Fighter IV

DANGERMAN

The first round against Seth is ridiculously easy, you just go all out offensive. I find the key to beating his second form (on Medium) is keeping away from him. At the start of the fight he always does a Dhalsim low punch so the first thing i do is jump into him eith a hard punch then a hard leg sweep, thats two good hits straight away. Then i just try to time my jumps over his crappy sonic boom, follow in with the same combo and back away once ive hit him. Its not fool proof but its working for me. He is a cheap ass mutherfucker tho.

Been playing this today, and blimey its great!

One thing i don't like is the way anyone can jump into the game while im playing, i got to seth on easy (i know just seeing if i can still do it) then someone jumped in, then again and again, i decided to unplug the internet just so i can play the game for a bit.

Im gong to try this on a harder level later, but the xbox pad isn't as good with this game as it is with others, thats something i need to sort out.

Apart from that, its pure old skool fun!!

I had over 100 points once, they've all gone now. :( 15% win average too, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, it's not like I'm getting my arse kicked. I always give the other guy a firm slapping but I never seem to be able to finish them. :( The standard of fighters is much worse than the ones on HD Remix too and my win ratio on that is about 45 - 50%

I just don't understand :(

In regards to online. It's not that it cant find games because it hasn't been out long, it's more as if it finds them too slowly. All lobby's found are already full once displayed. It's always best to create a room I find but then im never sure if it pitches you against a same rank.

I get this as well - plus if I search for a game the connection indicator never has any bars on it - just the telegraph mast thing flashing. However if someone jumps in my game the connection is always yellow/green.

Anyone trying the challenges yet? Some of the harder combo ones are solid! :blink: Timing has to be spot on

I can now win Arcade mode on easiest without a continue! We have progress. I'm gonna unlock the rest of the characters except Akuma and Seth on easiest, and then we'll see about moving on up the old difficulty levels.

and i cnt figure how to do sagats fake kick.

i remember hearing that you hit HK twice as fast as poss

Its ridiculous how fast they think u need to press it, i even set 2 buttons to be HK and still cudnt do it.

And ur lucky ur not an achievement whore david, otherwise u wud do everyone on arcade on at least medium :angry:

And ur lucky ur not an achievement whore david, otherwise u wud do everyone on arcade on at least medium :angry:

done that ;)

i got up to 7 ranked wins in a row last night too, it was tough!

decided im going to learn zangief properly, i love his super and ultra moves. either zangers or akuma is going to net me that legendary champion achievement if its the last thing i (or they) do

Dont get me wrong I dont doubt that in the right hands he's a good character, and I can see his strengths, but he's so slow compared to even the average paced fighters now that I think it's going to be harder for them (again, I know the teleport is there for a reason). It's mainly in the air you see it, against Abel or Akuma he'll be in trouble I think.

I've been playing this online as Dhalsim since I got it. I was at just over 50% win ratio, but lost a few matches yesterday so have fallen just below it. Got to about 600 battle points I think. He is slow, but at long range it's not an issue. Up close he can get into difficulty and requires a lot more work than, say, a shoto character. Sometimes it's incredibly hard work trying to win with him. Nice when it comes off though. Up close, a quick jump out of a fall followed by a yoga mummy into a grab catches a lot of people out. In the air, a fierce punch forward sends his stretchy armin a digaonal down/forward direction and catches most jumpers out. Shame they seem to have slowed down his yoga mummy and yoga spear. Bit annoying that. A yoga catastrophe at medium distance catches people out too as it's so slow and stays on screen for ages. They don't know what to do with it haha. I usually march behind it throwing out long range punches. Only downside with Dhalsim is he is completely useless against Zangief :(

I might switch to Ryu soon just to get my win ratio up :)

I was OK online last night with Cammy - had a few good matches and won two in a row. Akuma players are really starting to annoy me. I always seem to beat them on the first round, and I thought this was me being all l33t and that, but I swear they let you win easily so they can charge up their ultra meter and just use that next round, since it basically kills you, it's devastating. Pretty annoying, and especially when you nearly beat them the next round and they do the ultra again! Garg.

I always seem to beat them on the first round, and I thought this was me being all l33t and that, but I swear they let you win easily so they can charge up their ultra meter and just use that next round, since it basically kills you, it's devastating.

Yeah I have noticed that as well - am I correct in thinking there is no way to avoid his ultra?

I always seem to beat them on the first round, and I thought this was me being all l33t and that, but I swear they let you win easily so they can charge up their ultra meter and just use that next round, since it basically kills you, it's devastating.

Yeah I have noticed that as well - am I correct in thinking there is no way to avoid his ultra?

Before he pulls it off, he dashes toward you. If you're quick enough you can jump it.

yeah, just make a mental note if you've dealt a bit of damage to him start to keep away from him a bit. Avoid the powerful hits unless you've started a combo as they're what leave you vulnerable, so if you do get in close you can do a bit of damage then get clear again. Both his super and ultra are very missable

Annnnnnnnnnd i hate it.

I got it... tried it..... tried to play arcade mode and get beaten at that :-(

Anyone got any good tips or websites for noobs like me.

Comparing it to Soul Calibur.... i found this easier... for some reason with street fighter i just get my ass handed to me and it feels like i am button mashing :-(

Whack down the difficulty to Easiest on Arcade mode - give you a chance to get a feel for the game without getting pasted. I found medium too difficult at first but after a bit of practice I can complete it now.

Also stick with one character and learn their move set - in my opinion the easiest characters to learn are Ryu or Ken - their moves form the basis of lots of other characters moves (quarter circles back or forth, dragon punch movement) as well so once you have them down you should be able to transfer to another character easily.

Also do the Trials - it will teach you a characters move set.